Author Topic: New RMR 147 gr. Heavy Match Bullets  (Read 4556 times)

Offline IDescribe

Re: New RMR 147 gr. Heavy Match Bullets
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2018, 10:28:31 PM »
Right.  Just looking at them, they look like they will load DEEP into the case at CZ lengths.  VP9 might be a different story.  ;)

Offline ReloaderFred

« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2018, 12:12:34 AM »
Fred,

Did you by chance inquire if these could be loaded to CZ chamber length?  I am curious if they aren't long enough to get to the mechanical limit of the brass.  The bearing surface looks pretty darn long...

No, I didn't.  Like I said, by the time I hit the RMR booth, my knees and feet were killing me, and Jake looked pretty drug out himself.  I didn't dally there, as we still had a lot of ground to cover that day.  After awhile, it all becomes a blur, but I'm still looking forward to next year.

The advantage of going to the SHOT Show is you get to practice "laying on of the hands" to all the new stuff, and the old as well.  I was going to order one of the new Sig 365 9x19 pistols, but after handling it, I decided it wouldn't do anything the handguns I already own would, so I saved myself some money on what would have probably become a safe queen.  I did order one of the new Sig Kilo 2200 Digital Range Finders, and it came in last Thursday.  It's a cute little buggar and will range a reflective target up to 2 miles.  I've tried it on the hills across the lake below my house, and it easily ranges 1,500+ yards on trees, and it fits in my shirt pocket.  Everything else I ordered came in today, so I'm pretty well set until next year's show...

Fred
After a shooting spree, they always want to take the guns away from the people who didn't do it. - William S. Burroughs

Offline m1a_scoutguy

« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2018, 01:42:02 AM »

Cool thanks for the generalization, I guess I didn't know that between plated and jacketed, always good to learn something. I'm a little concerned with the shape and such, considering our beloved CZs have the shorter throat/chamber. What do you guys think about that ?

I can't speak for this specific bullet, but I've shot lots of RMR 115 gr and 124 gr plated and jacketed over the last year and half, and I've found they all seem a little on the "chunky" side = short OALs in my SP01.

Oh yea for sure ! I have shot a bunch of the FMJs from RMR for sure and they aren't bad in my SP-01 Tac and Shadow, but darn, my P-07 is shorter for sure ! I load some 148 cast lead that we powder coat and when my buddy that makes them saw them he said those things are short !!  ??? ??? I just laughed and said,,yea. He runs a Glock so his can be a bit longer for sure. I like Glocks but I LOVE CZs,,, LOL Just the cost of doing business I guess.

[Mods corrected language]
« Last Edit: February 04, 2018, 12:32:24 PM by Wobbly »

Offline Scarlett Pistol

« Reply #18 on: February 04, 2018, 03:10:16 PM »
You can always ream your barrel throat. The barrels that are nitrided take a special tool but the others can be done with a standard reamer...
"In God I trust. All others must supply data."

Offline m1a_scoutguy

« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2018, 12:20:04 AM »
Hmmm,I have heard people talk about it ! Is it something I could do ? I am handy but don't want to destroy my BBL ! Does it take away accuracy at all ? Who does this if I wanted it done by someone that wouldn't take 3 months to get my BBL back,,LOL Thanks for any info. In the big picture though I am kinda dialed in on the CZ short throat/chamber thing,,but I switch around bullets a lot so always messin with OAL,even though I have everything written down and its just simple adjustments, measure,adjust till its GTG !

Offline IDescribe

« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2018, 08:38:20 AM »
The P-07/09 and (I would assume) the P-10C barrels are harder to cut than other CZs.  Don?t know if those are doable for the average garage guy, but all the other CZ pistols can be DIYified IF you have a finishing reamer. 

You MAY make accuracy worse or not change it at all.  It doesn?t automatically do either.  In the unlikely event you have a poorly finished chamber, accuracy might be improved (but that?s super unlikely).

The question for me is why Iwould want to.  Am I going to make a permanent change to my barrel because:

... it will allow me to load some bullet that I would not otherwise be able to load but that isn?t any better than countless other bullet options?  No, I?ll just use other bullets.

... it will allow me to use a load I already developed for another pistol?  No, I want the load tuned to the individual pistol, not use a load tuned to some other pistol.

... it will allow me to use one OAL for all my pistols? Again, I tune loads to pistols, but even if I were lazy and wanted one load for all my 9mm pistols, I recognize that loading to the pistol with shortest max OAL accomplishes that without cutting metal from one of my barrels.

... it?s yet another mod to do to my pistol, so I think it?ll be cool to do?  ;-)  Honestly, this might have the most appeal, and I suspect at the end of the day it?s a big factor just about every time someone does this to a pistol.  People WANT to mod their pistols.

... I?ve hopped on the CZ bandwagon from team Glock and ?OMG, my rounds won?t chamber! Derp! ?  Um... no.

Personally, I haven?t found the need for it.

Offline jameslovesjammie

• The Last Best Place
« Reply #21 on: February 05, 2018, 09:06:57 AM »
The question for me is why I would want to.  Am I going to make a permanent change to my barrel because:

... it will allow me to load some bullet that I would not otherwise be able to load but that isn?t any better than countless other bullet options?  No, I?ll just use other bullets.

... it will allow me to use a load I already developed for another pistol?  No, I want the load tuned to the individual pistol, not use a load tuned to some other pistol.

... it will allow me to use one OAL for all my pistols? Again, I tune loads to pistols, but even if I were lazy and wanted one load for all my 9mm pistols, I recognize that loading to the pistol with shortest max OAL accomplishes that without cutting metal from one of my barrels.

... it?s yet another mod to do to my pistol, so I think it?ll be cool to do?  ;-)  Honestly, this might have the most appeal, and I suspect at the end of the day it?s a big factor just about every time someone does this to a pistol.  People WANT to mod their pistols.

... I?ve hopped on the CZ bandwagon from team Glock and ?OMG, my rounds won?t chamber! Derp! ?  Um... no.

^^^This^^^

Offline Kenneth

« Reply #22 on: February 05, 2018, 10:38:06 AM »
Who is reaming P09 barrels that are nitride? Out of my Shadow, P01, P07, and P09 the P09 is extremely short and is giving me problems as I am loading so deep in the case I start to worry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Wobbly

• Administrator
  • Loves the smell of VihtaVuori in the morning !
« Reply #23 on: February 06, 2018, 01:00:38 PM »
Who is reaming P09 barrels that are nitride?

Send it back to CZ-USA for a fix. Probably free.
In God we trust; On 'Starting Load' we rely.

Offline Joustin

« Reply #24 on: February 06, 2018, 01:07:53 PM »
I grabbed a sample bag of 100 to try in my P09 and RAMI. I hope these work well. I still haven?t tried the 124?s but I have 1k if them to work with.

Offline m1a_scoutguy

« Reply #25 on: February 07, 2018, 01:20:52 AM »
The P-07/09 and (I would assume) the P-10C barrels are harder to cut than other CZs.  Don?t know if those are doable for the average garage guy, but all the other CZ pistols can be DIYified IF you have a finishing reamer. 

You MAY make accuracy worse or not change it at all.  It doesn?t automatically do either.  In the unlikely event you have a poorly finished chamber, accuracy might be improved (but that?s super unlikely).

The question for me is why Iwould want to.  Am I going to make a permanent change to my barrel because:

Good info for sure,,but your last words say it all, You haven't found the need and in the big picture you are 100% right ! Yea are CZs "different" yes,,but in a good way,,LOL ! Have I had to mess around more with my OAL and will ALL my rds run in all my guns,,well that's mostly a yes ! I guess the topic came up and I have heard of people doing it but do I need to,,,not really I guess,I kinda got stuff figured out so no worries. I would imagine for some guys/gals its a viable option though. Bottom line I'm about ready to list my last striker gun so the days of making different rds for different guns/brands is coming to a end for me. I'll always keep my 1911s and my revolvers but when it comes to REAL pistols,,is all CZ for me. Thanks for the insight !  :)

Offline m1a_scoutguy

« Reply #26 on: February 07, 2018, 01:15:53 PM »
Well I have debated back and forth about trying some of these bullets,,sooooo I just went to RMR and they had ONE box of 250 left so I said the heck with it,,I bought them. So looks like I got the last ones for now. Will report back once I get them and load a few up ! As fast as these went I'm sure the machines are running wide open for the foreseeable future,,LOL

Offline Joustin

« Reply #27 on: February 13, 2018, 11:42:00 PM »
I got mine in, no way in heck will they work in my P09 or RAMI. They are really nice but won?t work for me. Might have to buy another 9mm to save those 100 bullets ><

Offline IDescribe

« Reply #28 on: February 14, 2018, 02:51:13 PM »
I got mine in, no way in heck will they work in my P09 or RAMI. They are really nice but won?t work for me.

Now, I realize that SOUNDS like science, ;)  but here in the Ammo and Handloading Subforum, we like numbers. ;) 

Did you push test these?  Get a max OAL that plunks and spins with a dummy round?  What's the max OAL without lands engagement?  What's the length of the actual bullet itself?  :) 

Offline Joustin

« Reply #29 on: February 14, 2018, 02:52:57 PM »
Max OAL is around 1.06 but that?s not really worth noting as the brass starts bulging well before that. I?ll take measurements and post them after work.