Author Topic: Reach Reduction Kit question  (Read 2536 times)

Offline 8strings8rounds

Reach Reduction Kit question
« on: March 01, 2018, 01:06:43 PM »
So, I'm looking at the RRK from CGW and I see there's the original and the 'type 2'
The RRK T2 description states that it cannot be installed without the SRS, but there's not any other information, as far as I see, about what the difference between this and the standard RRK actually is.
-I already have the SRS installed with extended FP and a race hammer, but I just want to know..
Can anyone shed some light on the difference between these two kits?

Offline SI VIS PACEM PARRABELLUM

Re: Reach Reduction Kit question
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2018, 02:15:15 PM »
Give CGW a call and they will be able to definitively answer your questions. They designed and engineered the parts. They know best how they work.

Offline tdogg

• Two Alpha!
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2018, 08:03:50 PM »
If I were to hazard a guess, I would assume that the type 2 RRK comes with a modified type 2 disconnector that would eliminate some of the trigger pretravel.  The type 2 disconnector is one of my must have mods for a DA/SA CZ.  But I would call CGW and confirm.

David offered up a RRK kit option awhile back when I called him because of some Type 2 fitment issues.  He ended up sending me a replacement modified type 2 disconnector no charge.  I told him I don't need the RRK as I have large hands.

Cheers,
Toby
This forum rocks!

Offline cntrydawwwg

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2018, 11:06:53 PM »
Tdogg hit the nail on the head. It?s a modified type 2 disco to work with the RRK. The Type 2 disco is also my #1 must have, weather just with the SRS or also RRK.
If guns are outlawed.........
 Only outlaws will have guns.

Offline 8strings8rounds

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2018, 09:30:46 AM »
Thanks tdogg.
And yea, I have medium/large hands and don't actually need the reach reduction.. I'm more interested in the trigger with the over travel adjustment.
I was originally going to make my own trigger at work, but we recently got swamped, and I haven't gotten any personal time with the machines in weeks- so if I went the route of buying a kit, I just wanted to make sure I was getting.

Offline cntrydawwwg

« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2018, 12:17:04 PM »
If all you?re after is the over travel, you don?t need the RRK. The 85c and ?old? style 85c will work without the RRK. Both have overtravel screws.

Offline 8strings8rounds

« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2018, 03:40:14 PM »
If all you?re after is the over travel, you don?t need the RRK. The 85c and ?old? style 85c will work without the RRK. Both have overtravel screws.
Man, I know I knew that once apon a time, but had since forgotten.
Thanks, that'll save me quite a bit!

Offline cntrydawwwg

« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2018, 06:45:17 PM »
Your welcome.

anything