Author Topic: Arex Alpha Competition Pistol  (Read 1680 times)

Offline MoRivera

Arex Alpha Competition Pistol
« on: February 04, 2018, 12:37:22 PM »
Heard about this earlier in the year, it's supposed to be shipping this year.

https://www.personaldefenseworld.com/2018/01/arex-rex-alpha-pistol/

I shoot a lot of Sigs, so aside from the obvious similarities often noted re: the Zero's, what attracts me to the Alpha is that it has a steel frame, as opposed to aluminum like on most Sigs (Stainless Elite excluded).  That's one of the reasons why I like CZ full-sized guns so much, especially for competition.  I can't get an all-steel P226 with cocked n' locked capability unless I go for an X5 which is several thousands of dollars.  At an MSRP of $1099, the Alpha is looking like a very attractive option, if it proves reliable.

I don't see it making a major dent into CZ's popularity in competition circles mainly because of the lack of aftermarket/customization like there is with CZ's.  But still...a very Sig-like all-steel competition platform with adjustable sights.....color me very interested.

Offline texasmojo

Re: Arex Alpha Competition Pistol
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2018, 10:48:46 PM »
Very interesting gun. The trigger specs look very good. Arex makes top notch pistols for sure.

Offline Brian Ahearn

• Easton Firearms Refinishing
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2018, 12:39:36 PM »
 The trigger is excellent in both single and double action, I will be adding this pistol to my collection! I spent a lot of time at their booth at Shot Show two different days and yes it will be shipping soon.
Easton Firearms Refinishing Owner/Operator
NRA Pistol Instructor
CZ Collector

Offline texasmojo

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2018, 12:22:44 AM »
I read somewhere arex was originally going to sell these with the red dot optic plate cuts, like the rex zero tactical. I wonder what happened..

anything