Author Topic: Disable VZ58 gas system?  (Read 2057 times)

Offline Irons78

Disable VZ58 gas system?
« on: February 04, 2018, 02:08:46 PM »
Hi all - wondering if anyone has disabled the gas system on a VZ58, make it into a straight pull?  I've been experimenting with handloads and have to seat the bullet out far enough that using the magazine might not be viable (for long range, slow shooting anyways).  I'm experimenting to see how far this rifle can shoot accurately.  Any advice appreciated!

Offline Horse

• RS Regulate
Re: Disable VZ58 gas system?
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2018, 08:10:12 PM »
Take the piston out.
Owner: RSRegulate.com

Offline RSR

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2018, 11:36:53 PM »
The problem w/ hand cycling semi-autos is that it takes a bit of "touch" to release/reseat the bolt carrier in the exact same manner each shot...

Typically w/ semi-autos, there is a notable difference between hand-cycled (first shot) and action-cycle (subsequent) shots.

Offline Jon_Garfio

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2018, 08:15:34 AM »
Because in Spain We can not have 7.62x39 in semi, the CZ VZ58 comes from Factory without gas piston and with a Welded cylinder to avoid the gases lost un handguard.

The result is a more powerfull fps velocity but became a straight Bolt.

Enviado desde mi Redmi Note 4 mediante Tapatalk

Offline Earl Keese

« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2018, 08:35:04 AM »
Hi all - wondering if anyone has disabled the gas system on a VZ58, make it into a straight pull?  I've been experimenting with handloads and have to seat the bullet out far enough that using the magazine might not be viable (for long range, slow shooting anyways).  I'm experimenting to see how far this rifle can shoot accurately.  Any advice appreciated!
Can't you single load while allowing the gas system to handle extraction? 

anything