Author Topic: What should I do to my PCR.....  (Read 1750 times)

Offline viking499

What should I do to my PCR.....
« on: February 05, 2018, 09:47:38 PM »
Walking through the LGS today and spotted a lone CZ in the case. ;D. Nice little PCR with low miles and looked like it has been garage kept. ;). Price was doable too, so, I had a companion on the drive home. 8)

I want to keep this gun partly stock.  It is going to be my new truck/farm gun.  I already have a PCR and P-01 with the CGW Pro Package installed, so I already have that covered.

I want this one to fall between factory and full on CGW.  I already swapped the factory grips for VZ's, swapped the serrated trigger for a smooth one and swapped the front sight for a Hi-Viz FO front I had laying here.  I will probably swap the sights out for something else down the road.  Been looking at the CGW front/rear FO set for the PCR.  But, want to do some other stuff first.

What do you guys recommend to swap internally to improve the gun?  What things give you the best bang for the buck?

Offer me up some ideas or recommendations.

Offline Tyerone

• Saving the planet.
Re: What should I do to my PCR.....
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2018, 10:00:58 PM »
Simple.

Cgw 3 spring kit, hardened firing pin retaining pin, and depending on how far brass is thrown combined with ease of racking an alternate recoil spring.

Oh, did I forget number one?  Rounds down range!!

Offline Tok36

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2018, 01:32:59 AM »
If i could only pick a one upgrade part for a CZ75 variant it would be a Comp/Race hammer. The SA creep in a factory set up requires much more effort on my part to shoot accurately. Next would be lighter springs.
Will work for CZ pics! (including but not limited to all CZ clones)

Offline Madmatt

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2018, 10:00:32 AM »
"Bang for the Buck?"  O-rings and lots of dry firing.  More than any other platform, dry firing and actual shooting seems to really smoothen the trigger action.  Won't get rid of creep or shorten the reset but will smoothen.  At least that has been my experience with the platform and most recently two PCRs. 
SIGs, BHPs, CZ PCRs, HKs, 1911s, S&W 625-3 45 ACP, HK/Benelli M1S90, Colt 6721, Steyr SBSs, Emerson and ZT Knives, Rubicons, Harleys  & APBTs

Offline Jiva

• I came for the pistols and stayed for the rifles
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2018, 11:56:33 AM »
"Bang for the Buck?"  O-rings and lots of dry firing.  More than any other platform, dry firing and actual shooting seems to really smoothen the trigger action.  Won't get rid of creep or shorten the reset but will smoothen.  At least that has been my experience with the platform and most recently two PCRs.

+1 After many, many rounds and many events, my PCR trigger has smoothed out amazingly - just ask anyone in my current IDPA classification group  ;)
« Last Edit: February 09, 2018, 07:39:00 AM by Jiva »
75 P-01 Compact 99041
75 D PCR Compact
75 SP-01 Tactical 9mm
612 HD
452 2E ZKM Lux .22LR
452 2E ZKM Classic .22LR
452 2E ZKM Varmint .22LR

Offline badwrench

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2018, 12:04:44 PM »
Simple.

Cgw 3 spring kit, hardened firing pin retaining pin, and depending on how far brass is thrown combined with ease of racking an alternate recoil spring.

Oh, did I forget number one?  Rounds down range!!
[/quote

This ^ especially the last sentence, before considering any mods, run about 1000 rnds through it, After shooting about 1000 rnds through it you should have a pretty good idea of what things you want changed.

Offline puddintame

« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2018, 12:34:06 PM »
I was never crazy about the stock sights on my PCR, so I would start there and just add the CGW 3 piece spring set

Offline viking499

« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2018, 12:42:16 PM »
I was never crazy about the stock sights on my PCR, so I would start there and just add the CGW 3 piece spring set

This one......?

https://cajungunworks.com/product/spgk1-3-piece-spring-kit-2/

Offline puddintame

« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2018, 03:52:32 PM »

This one......?

https://cajungunworks.com/product/spgk1-3-piece-spring-kit-2/
yup. and I really like this rear sight along with a 5.5mm FO or trit front.
https://czcustom.com/cz-parts-all/front-and-rear-sights/cz-rear-sights-all/pcr/cz-pcr-short-tac-rear-sight.html

Offline Triggernosis

« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2018, 08:25:19 AM »
"Bang for the Buck?"  O-rings and lots of dry firing. 
O-rings?  Please explain.

Offline Tok36

« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2018, 11:33:18 AM »
"Bang for the Buck?"  O-rings and lots of dry firing. 
O-rings?  Please explain.

Used for dry fire practice on Firing Pin Block models to stop the Firing Pin from damaging the factroy Firing Pin Retaining Pin.
Will work for CZ pics! (including but not limited to all CZ clones)

Offline Madmatt

« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2018, 11:45:52 AM »
There's some concern regarding constant dry firing may damage the firing pin; all the forward movement and all without a cartridge in place.  I personally have not experienced any breakages with CZs or Sigs (former duty gun of 20+ years and tons of dry firing.)  Snap caps or dummy rounds were always recommended for dry firing.  I dry fire a lot so better to be safe than sorry, I went with #83 O-rings, 10 for a buck at Home Depot, with the PCRs.  A foam ear plug or half works just as well but I happened to be at Home Depot in the plumbing section and saw how cheap they were.  The O-rings work great in the Sig stainless slides, but too small for the pre-stainless, thus the use of the ear plugs.  Also with the CZs and Sig stainless slides, you can rack the slide a number of times for drills and trigger resets before the 0-ring pops out.   

Fun fact, your dry firing becomes quieter, still audible but muffled.  Family noticed the absence of the constant distinct hammer falling every night. 

Important reminder: Don't forget to remove prior to carrying or use at the range.  Pistol will not go bang!       

Hope this helps...  a little long winded...
SIGs, BHPs, CZ PCRs, HKs, 1911s, S&W 625-3 45 ACP, HK/Benelli M1S90, Colt 6721, Steyr SBSs, Emerson and ZT Knives, Rubicons, Harleys  & APBTs

Offline Triggernosis

« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2018, 11:49:48 AM »
Thanks, Tok.

Offline eastman

« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2018, 10:21:00 PM »
buy the red silicone o-rings instead of the black ones - much easier to see if you leave it in the pistol
I don't look like my avatar!

Offline Triggernosis

« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2018, 07:06:31 AM »
buy the red silicone o-rings instead of the black ones - much easier to see if you leave it in the pistol
Excellent idea!

anything