Author Topic: New 97 question  (Read 5054 times)

Offline Cladari

New 97 question
« on: February 09, 2018, 09:44:32 PM »
I have searched the board and gone cross eyed reading page after page of this section and I can't find a clear answer.

It's time to add a 97 to the family and I'm having the standard "I can't find one" problem - but - I can find a few NiB 01401 models just no 01411 models. I understand the 01 is made for the CA market but is there any valid reason why a person living outside CA not to buy one? I'm aware of the grips and front sight but I've also read something about the bushing being different in the CA models.

Living outside CA should I avoid the 01 model and just keep looking or just get the 01? I'm a patient man and don't mind waiting but I'd like to know if the wait is really worth it.

Thanks in advance ...

Offline cntrydawwwg

New 97 question
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2018, 11:44:20 PM »
Welcome aboard.
    As far as I know, the only difference is that the Cali version has regular sights and wood grips (01401) vs. the FO front and aluminum grips on the other (01411)
     Haven?t heard of a different bushing. Others with more knowledge of the 97 should be by shortly But I think you?re good to go with the Cali version.
If guns are outlawed.........
 Only outlaws will have guns.

Offline hANNAbONE

• 'tis only a flesh wound...
hANNAbONE // stay thirsty, my friends //

Offline schmeky

Re: New 97 question
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2018, 10:42:47 AM »
The 01401 and 01411 are identical with the only difference being the 01401 has wooden grips and the 01411 has alum grips. 

We recently received a few 01401's and we compared it to the 01411.

Offline Mccian

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2018, 11:42:04 AM »
yep, the 01411's are definitely available on GB as well as other retailers.....been searching for a new addition, had the opportunity to handle one at a gun show....was very surprised at how well it disguised its bulk, especially with the thin aluminum grips....should have pulled the trigger then.....
“Life doesn’t have to be perfect......to be good”

CZ 75 Omega Convertible
CZ P01 Compact Steel SKU#99041
CZ “CWC” Edition
CZ P-10C FDE...shared
Other......M&P Shield .45, Browning Buckmark .22 (wife’s, but I have to clean it)

Offline Cladari

« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2018, 03:22:00 AM »
Thank you for settling this for me. I'll just grab the first I run across at a fair price without trying to filter between the two.

Thanks again ...

Offline Cladari

« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2018, 12:04:54 PM »
Before I asked here I sent an email to CZ-USA asking the same question. I had given up receiving an answer so I posted to this forum. I just received an answer from CZ, copied below:

Gerald,

The differences are simple and outlined here:

*1401 which is California model -
Nub ejector- Bullet proof track record
Wood grips.
Regular 3 dot sights

Regular ejector- Same sear cage as all the rest of our 75?s non-omega models. Bulletproof track record
Aluminum grips
Fiber optic front sight

That's it! Please let us know if you have any further questions!

Thanks!

Dxxx Mxxx
Customer Service Coordinator
CZ-USA | Dan Wesson | Safari Classics | Zbrojovka Brno

I hid the name of the CS rep as I didn't have permission to make his name public.

BTW I have no idea what a nub ejector or sear cage is nor do I know what sear cage the 1401 has, only that it different than the 1411.

Thanks Again

DJK11

« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2018, 01:54:12 PM »
I'm in MI and just picked up a 97B 1401 from a LGS and he also said the CA model is easier to acquire.  The grip is huge front-back.  If you pickup the 1401, make sure the LCI screw is locked down.  Lost mine at about 160 rounds, making a return trip to the mothership.

Do Not fire it without the LCI plate.

BTW this thing is a tack driver

Offline SI VIS PACEM PARRABELLUM

« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2018, 04:55:37 PM »
I'm in MI and just picked up a 97B 1401 from a LGS and he also said the CA model is easier to acquire.  The grip is huge front-back.  If you pickup the 1401, make sure the LCI screw is locked down.  Lost mine at about 160 rounds, making a return trip to the mothership.

There is a thread here that addresses this issue. We all use a drop of blue loctite on the LCI screw and it never comes loose again.

Offline Cladari

« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2018, 01:25:33 AM »
After getting the email from the CZ office on the differences I bought using price to my FFL as the deciding factor not model number. I ended up with a 1401. I think I like the look of the traditional front sight a bit better but I think either one is a great addition.

I read pretty much everything on the 97 on this forum before I bought it and did the locktite drill just after opening the box.

Thanks for all the help.

Offline .45 acp nut

« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2018, 02:56:57 PM »

I've only got 4464 rounds through mine, so far, but I haven't had any problems without the loaded chamber indicator installed. Removing the LCI was one of the first things I did to the 97B, to make it 'mine'.
Sempr Fi!

Offline .45 acp nut

« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2018, 03:28:41 PM »
I just went out to the safe and looked. The plate (#49 Barrel Stop) is loctited in place. It is only the plunger (#47 Loaded Chamber Indicator) and spring (#48 Loaded Chamber Indicator Spring) that have been removed. Works great!
« Last Edit: March 05, 2018, 03:31:14 PM by .45 acp nut »
Sempr Fi!

Offline SI VIS PACEM PARRABELLUM

« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2018, 05:21:59 PM »
I just went out to the safe and looked. The plate (#49 Barrel Stop) is loctited in place. It is only the plunger (#47 Loaded Chamber Indicator) and spring (#48 Loaded Chamber Indicator Spring) that have been removed. Works great!

Yep you can remove the plunger/pin but that barrel plate must be in place for proper lock up.

Offline krehmkej

« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2018, 03:29:16 PM »
When I got mine, all available were the kalifornistan models.
After a full Cajunization, it runs just fine, forgetting its heritage.
-jwk-

Offline KME

« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2018, 12:23:56 PM »
Being a California resident and having purchased the California version of the 97B, the California version was more expensive for me because I felt I had to buy new grips. I have medium size hands and found the grips to be too large. The non-California version comes with the thin aluminum grips.

The different sights made no difference to me, I had CGW install new sights along with the full "E" conversion.

anything