Author Topic: Very brief fling with a P-10C  (Read 1916 times)

Offline Arizona Gunner

Very brief fling with a P-10C
« on: February 10, 2018, 10:17:41 PM »
I am a big fan of CZ?s 75 series, so the first time I had a chance I bought a new P-10C.

Unfortunately, that little affair didn?t last long at all before the pistol went to market.

Trigger was gritty and the tip gouged the pad of my trigger finger unmercifully. (I had the same problem with a 40B years ago... maybe it?s my hand?). To make matters worse, the mag release was virtually impossible to operate even after disassembly and polishing, and the floorplate pinched my pinky between it and the frame. Shooting was a chore, not a pleasure. My reaction after the first range trip was ?who needs this??... but, I went to the range a second time, and my feelilngs were reinforced.

I was very disappointed, and hopefully CZ will do better with striker fired pistols in the future. It just really turned me off; back to my FNS 9, which I find surprisingly good, and my Glock 19. I haven?t tried any of the other polymer framed CZ?s, so certainly not a blanket condemnation of polymer frames...
« Last Edit: February 10, 2018, 10:19:16 PM by Arizona Gunner »

Offline armoredman

• Administrator
Re: Very brief fling with a P-10C
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2018, 12:48:53 AM »
Sorry to hear that, sir. Not every pistol is for everyone - I can't stand Glock grip angle myself, but it's purely subjective. if you get a chance, lay a hand on a CZ SP-01 Phantom - that baby will show you some serious CZ poly goodness, and maybe the P-10 series pistols will call your name again down the road.

Offline texasmojo

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2018, 07:05:36 AM »
CZ P07 for the win! Do the polish job and a couple cgw springs. Look no further.

Offline SI VIS PACEM PARRABELLUM

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2018, 07:23:01 AM »
Guns are made for the masses not the individual so not every pistol with fit every hand. You just have to go through trial and error till you find what works best for you.

Offline Thebillsman

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2018, 07:48:02 AM »
Thanks for posting your opinion, I hope your fingers recover. My P-10C is nothing short of amazing.

Offline HST

« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2018, 08:24:05 AM »
I agree, as of right now it's  the most accurate pistol i own :)
P 10
75 B SAO
Browning Hi Power
Sig 365 XL
Colt 1911 70 series

Offline scottygrape

« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2018, 09:01:37 AM »
I also love my P-10.  Waiting for it to come back from jagerwerks so I can throw a type 2 RMR on it!

Offline Jigo23

« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2018, 10:08:17 AM »
Yeah it was the same for me, really wanted to like it, but just didn?t work out for me and sold it. No worries tho as I just love ALL the other 7 CZ?s I own :) 

Offline cremaley

• Retired but not forgotten
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2018, 01:18:13 PM »
Sorry to hear about your lack of love for your P-10. I honestly think CZ hit a home run with the P-10 but like many things its not for everyone. I've got about 700 flawless rounds through mine and it is without a doubt the most accurate handgun I have ever owned. The stiffness on the mag release button and slide release is gone. It just took some time to break in. I have spent a few bucks on upgrades including a HBI flat trigger with 3 pound striker spring, Cajun Gun Works tool steel striker and Gray Guns super black stainless steel guide rod with 15 pound spring but I upgrade every handgun I purchase. Glad to know thought that you are still a CZ lover.
CZ 10-PC 9mm (HBI Trigger, CGW Striker 3lb spring, GGI Stainless Guide Rod 15lb spring)
Sig Sauer P365 9mm
Sig Sauer P320 X Carry 9mm
Springfield 911 .380
"Remember the first rule of gunfighting...have a gun"-Jeff Cooper

Offline Earl Keese

« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2018, 01:26:36 PM »
I think it's pretty clear that CZ hit a home run with some P10-C's.

Offline SP01bob

« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2018, 01:43:30 PM »
I wonder if some of the factory line have come out with something wrong. Mine is simply great. It won't take the place of my SP01 or P09, both cajunized, at least cajun gets my P10c in for upgrades. I just haven't experienced any of the issues I hear people talking about, gives me a big.... hmmmm

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Offline watchluvr4ever

« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2018, 03:57:22 PM »
My P10 certainly didn't start out perfect. A couple of issues that I have corrected on my P10 are, loaded mags almost impossible to remove on a closed slide, and a very difficult slide stop when using it as a slide release. The second one being the least important, but easiest to fix for me. Other than that I'm very happy with the P10. I love how it feels in my hand, like an extension of my own body. The P10 is amazing accurate for me and I've owned custom pistols in the $3-4k range.

Offline wyoung

« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2018, 04:33:50 PM »
When do you ever need to drop a fully loaded magazine? If you need to drop a full mag when in battery, just apply a little pressure to the base plate.

I was hoping there was a cutoff point on the serial numbers where CZ had the mag release smoothed out but that doesn't seem to be the case. A C439xxx black Tactical model I handled had a great mag release but still had the striker issue. A C451xxx FDE with night sights I thought was perfect. Smooth but firm mag release and no striker issue.

However, a C457xxx FDE didn't have the striker issue but did have a fairly tough and rough mag release.

I don't get the issues with fingers getting pinched at the tip of the trigger shoe. I have medium sized hands and with the proper/natural grip my finger tends to ride the upper to middle. Nowhere near the tip of the trigger shoe.

I wonder if some people have bad or just different grip habits they've acquired from other guns?

Offline cremaley

• Retired but not forgotten
« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2018, 04:59:11 PM »
I have also been wondering about the so called pinched trigger finger. I did change out the stock trigger but not for that reason. I simply prefer flat triggers. I never had any issue with my trigger finger getting pinched when I was using the stock trigger. I would consider my hand size to be medium. I guess its possible if your finger are thicker and take up more space on the trigger.
CZ 10-PC 9mm (HBI Trigger, CGW Striker 3lb spring, GGI Stainless Guide Rod 15lb spring)
Sig Sauer P365 9mm
Sig Sauer P320 X Carry 9mm
Springfield 911 .380
"Remember the first rule of gunfighting...have a gun"-Jeff Cooper

Offline M1A4ME

• I've shot the rest, I now own the best - CZ
« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2018, 05:44:06 PM »
I was shooting my youngest son's 9MM P07 the other day and it was biting my trigger finger pretty bad.  If I had one, I'd have to change the trigger to the old DUTY curved trigger.  Did that on my .40 S&W P09 and it fixed the trigger bite problem.  Funny, the P09 9MM doesn't bother me at all.

Some guns just don't fit some people.
I just keep wasting time and money on other brands trying to find/make one shoot like my P07 and P09.  What is wrong with me?