Author Topic: Very brief fling with a P-10C  (Read 1905 times)

Offline watchluvr4ever

Re: Very brief fling with a P-10C
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2018, 08:37:30 PM »
When do you ever need to drop a fully loaded magazine? If you need to drop a full mag when in battery, just apply a little pressure to the base plate.

I was hoping there was a cutoff point on the serial numbers where CZ had the mag release smoothed out but that doesn't seem to be the case. A C439xxx black Tactical model I handled had a great mag release but still had the striker issue. A C451xxx FDE with night sights I thought was perfect. Smooth but firm mag release and no striker issue.

However, a C457xxx FDE didn't have the striker issue but did have a fairly tough and rough mag release.

I don't get the issues with fingers getting pinched at the tip of the trigger shoe. I have medium sized hands and with the proper/natural grip my finger tends to ride the upper to middle. Nowhere near the tip of the trigger shoe.

I wonder if some people have bad or just different grip habits they've acquired from other guns?

My point is I should be able to drop my mag regardless of the number of rounds in it, and it was nearly impossible to release when any rounds are in it. I've owned a lot of pistols over the course of my adult life and I've never encountered this on any other pistol. Some people may accept the mag release the way it, but I doubt it was designed to be so difficult. I'm not knocking CZ, but it is unacceptable imho and a QC issue that needs addressed before these gun ever leave the factory.

Offline cremaley

• Retired but not forgotten
« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2018, 10:25:19 PM »
All I can tell you is use your P-10 and the mag release button will eventually wear in like mine has. I have no issues with a fully loaded magazine or an empty magazine. The slide release button was also stiff when I first got my P-10 but now works just fine.
CZ 10-PC 9mm (HBI Trigger, CGW Striker 3lb spring, GGI Stainless Guide Rod 15lb spring)
Sig Sauer P365 9mm
Sig Sauer P320 X Carry 9mm
Springfield 911 .380
"Remember the first rule of gunfighting...have a gun"-Jeff Cooper

Offline timetofly

« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2018, 12:25:04 AM »
All I can tell you is use your P-10 and the mag release button will eventually wear in like mine has. I have no issues with a fully loaded magazine or an empty magazine. The slide release button was also stiff when I first got my P-10 but now works just fine.

I agree.  My P-10 was extremely stiff in the beginning, but now the mag release operates without any problem.  The slide stop is still a little stiff, but using a finger on one side and my thumb on the other, no problem.
All of life’s journeys begin by putting one foot in front of the other.

Offline TR14

« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2018, 02:26:09 AM »
I bought my P10C just after Christmas. I am having hard time warming up to mine for some of the same issues. The trigger makes my finger sore. I really wished the mag release was reversible vs ambidextrous as it takes to much pressure to release it. I won't even start on the slide release. I shoot a lot better with my Cz 75 BD. I was kinda thinking about a P01 when I bought the P10C, I really want to like the P10C so I will probably put a few more rounds down range before I decide to part ways with it.

Offline dave33

« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2018, 11:01:51 AM »
Regarding the mag release button and being extremely hard to depress on a full mag, Ive discovered pretty much all of my guns are more difficult to depress if the mag is stuffed to capacity.  Ive got a XDM 5.25 that has been my main gun for many years before I ever got a CZ, probably has had 100 billion rounds fired through it, and when it has a full mag of 19 rounds inserted is still almost impossible to drop without putting a little upward pressure on the mag.  So this is not totally a CZ thing, and I only realized this after I started messing with my P-10C and doing some comparisons since dropping a full mag doesn't come up very often, at least for me.  The XDM is also ambi with buttons on both sides of the grip so perhaps that design is going to be inherently this way, at least to some degree.

Offline gunkucool

« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2018, 12:58:50 PM »
I do not shoot a lot at all. Would someone who shoots maybe 50-100 rounds monthly share to me what is the real situation you have experienced to drop a full mag?

Offline Earl Keese

« Reply #21 on: February 13, 2018, 03:22:58 PM »
For one, if you hand a gun to somebody, you may want to clear it first. Not exactly a high stress situation though.

Offline cremaley

« Reply #22 on: February 13, 2018, 06:54:20 PM »
I do not shoot a lot at all. Would someone who shoots maybe 50-100 rounds monthly share to me what is the real situation you have experienced to drop a full mag?

The only time I unload a full magazine is when I am unloading my P-10 after carrying it all day and I want to make it safe for dry firing training. I should point out that I only load 15 rounds so when I say I am unloading a full magazine it only has 14 rounds in it with one still in the pipe. Once the magazine is released, I clear the last round and insert an empty magazine for my dry fire practice.
CZ 10-PC 9mm (HBI Trigger, CGW Striker 3lb spring, GGI Stainless Guide Rod 15lb spring)
Sig Sauer P365 9mm
Springfield 911 .380

Offline cremaley

« Reply #23 on: February 15, 2018, 08:48:28 AM »
I bought my P10C just after Christmas. I am having hard time warming up to mine for some of the same issues. The trigger makes my finger sore. I really wished the mag release was reversible vs ambidextrous as it takes to much pressure to release it. I won't even start on the slide release. I shoot a lot better with my Cz 75 BD. I was kinda thinking about a P01 when I bought the P10C, I really want to like the P10C so I will probably put a few more rounds down range before I decide to part ways with it.

Are things any better with your P-10? Hopefully, you didn't have to part ways with it.
Sig Sauer P365 9mm
Springfield 911 .380

anything