Author Topic: Want to lighten the DA on my P-07 and P-09 a little...  (Read 4190 times)

Offline briang2ad

Re: Want to lighten the DA on my P-07 and P-09 a little...
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2018, 08:18:26 PM »
Rp trs , rp block spring, rp fps, 15# hammer spring.
It fires everything I put into it.

S&B?  Wolf?  Tula?

Offline DOC 1500

« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2018, 02:13:09 AM »
Wolf ammo is garbage, a waste of my time and too many misfires with any of my pistols. Mostly for Target I shoot Freedom Munitions, rarely if any misfires. My defense ammo is federal HST 147 jhp
JOHN 3:16
2 COR.5:17
A Lie is a Lie even if everybody believes it ,
The Truth is the Truth even if nobody believes it !!!

Offline briang2ad

« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2018, 07:57:30 AM »
So you don't shoot any hard primers.  OK - NP

I've actually tried Freedom's steel ammo and I can tell you that it was crap compared to Wolf, quality wise.  I've found Wolf and Tula to be just as good as BB and better that the Freedom steel (steel cases with a brass coating).  [I don't want to start this down the road to an ammo debate, but leave this in the thread for others who are trying to smooth and use decreased springs].

Some may wonder why I use steel cased ammo - I can get it delivered for less than $8/box, and if it goes bang, you KNOW any brass cased ammo will go bang in your gun.  I also find the quality to be good - not perfect.  It WILL NOT harm your extractor, and at these pressures prematurely wear your chamber.  I don't currently reload.

I do have A P07 that never hiccuped with steel cased ammo and runs a 15 LB spring.  One of my other  ones is not as reliable with hard primers. 

Offline SI VIS PACEM PARRABELLUM

« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2018, 08:44:35 AM »
Cheap ammo is cheap ammo. Freedom,Tula,Wolf,Brown Bear,WWB etc. If you're going to buy crap ammo all you can do is hope to luck upon a brand that works reliably in your platform. Otherwise you get into reloading or "bite the bullet" and buy quality ammo.

Offline DOC 1500

« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2018, 07:25:14 PM »
I don't buy steel case ammo Freedom works good for me whatever works good for you I'm glad you're happy with it. If you're worried about reliability I don't think you'll have any problems finding a hundred guys on the floor and that'll tell you that whatever setup you doing it with a 15 pound spring is going to work. Have a nice day.
At one time or another I did post a list of everything I've done to my pistol and what it's ended up being. I have no problems with it whatsoever.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2018, 07:27:59 PM by DOC 1500 »
JOHN 3:16
2 COR.5:17
A Lie is a Lie even if everybody believes it ,
The Truth is the Truth even if nobody believes it !!!

Offline briang2ad

« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2018, 08:27:52 AM »
I like the 15 LB spring and like I said, one with it is reliable with Wolf/Tula the other has about 5% light strikes.  I KNOW it is 100% with federal, and need to try CCI - but I'm sure I'm OK there as well.

I actually find Tula surprisingly high in quality.  I actually don't like it for the AK, but at less than $160 shipped and reasonably clean, its a good training round - and if I have an occasional light strike, even better for practicing what the DA was meant for - follow up.

OTOH, my guns are getting slick enough that the 18 LB spring might also be fine.  Just followed pages 1,2 and 7 on the sticky thread and my new UG/SR is VERY nice - nicer than any OTB Legion at least in DA.  (SR Kit also).