Author Topic: Find it hard to believe these aren't more popular  (Read 2882 times)

Offline Rick53

Find it hard to believe these aren't more popular
« on: February 12, 2018, 05:36:35 PM »
I had a Chance to shoot Both and SBR and the Carbine 805 Brens today. One thing I can say is the Internet hype about the weight is really over stated. I'm not saying it's not robust. If you're used to an AK these seem lighter. The Carbine had a Factory 14" Barrel. I actually preferred the Rifle over the SBR . Only because the Muzzle blast seems like it's right in your face. I own a Scar 16S with a Geissele . After shooting the Bren My Scar is going to be sold on GB . I'll use the extra funds to buy a decent scope. These Brens are super nice. I just can't imagine once the word slowly gets around they won't get more popular. 

Great experience

Offline Laughing Snake

Re: Find it hard to believe these aren't more popular
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2018, 09:57:58 PM »
I think so many people got used to seeing "SCAR is the ultimate yadda yadda yadda" that they didn't open up to the Bren. Yes it has it's drawbacks but I haven't noticed many SCAR owners who have kept the rifle in completely stock condition. Granted the Bren does not have the near same aftermarket support.

The way I look at it, it's potentially another $1000 to have a bolt release. And if the little bit of extra weight is an issue then go lift weights.

Offline armoredman

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2018, 02:56:03 AM »
BREN rocks...all I can say.

Offline WaltherP99

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2018, 08:38:28 AM »

Online rdcinhou

• Coat of Arms for Uherský Brod
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2018, 01:23:03 PM »
The ex-army gentlemen in the lane next to me let me shoot his SCAR and I let him shoot my Bren.

He liked my Bren and said the trigger was better than his SCAR.

I'll take my Bren any day.
CZ24/27/38/40P/45/52, Vzor 50/70,75BΩ,75D Compact,P01/07/09,P10M/S/C/F(9mm,.45), Phantom,SP01 Tactical,Shadow 2 (Blue,Urban Gray), 82/83/85 PreB, 97BE,97BD,97BDE,100,1911A1, 2075D RAMI,452 American,550 Urban Counter Sniper,805 Bren S1,Drake G2,Duo,Z,vz24 8mm Mauser,FK 7.5 BRNO Field Pistol, PSD

Offline Rick53

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2018, 01:30:41 PM »
The ex-army gentlemen in the lane next to me let me shoot his SCAR and I let him shoot my Bren.

He liked my Bren and said the trigger was better than his SCAR.

I'll take my Bren any day.
The Bren feels more solid. I would probably look for the 14" barrel or have the barrel place in town chop it down for me. I see there's alot of raving about the ACR Stock. What's wrong with the Bren Stock?

Offline dayspring

« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2018, 09:13:17 PM »
I would think more people would be jumping on the low prices that Bud's sells these for. From what I've seen nobody can touch their pricing. Just got my FDE pistol after 1 business day. Now that's service!

I do agree that a 14" would be ideal. Maybe if the barrel kits ever drop in price and CZ gets then in stock then I might go for it plus the bayonet would work and we all know how important that is.  8)

More than likely, I'll probably just stick with the 11" which should suit my needs.

Offline armoredman

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2018, 11:11:44 PM »
You never know when a good pigsticker might come in handy... 8)

Offline Rick53

« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2018, 09:47:52 AM »
CZ Shows 2015 and 2016 SBR Kits : The only difference I see in the Pictures is the inclusion of a Muzzle device on one and not the Other .  Is that all?

Offline czphan35

« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2018, 07:04:38 AM »
My guess is people are afraid of something so new and/or there's something holding them back like the weight or lack of bolt release button. Personally I think the rifle is so well-balanced you barely notice the weight. I've been much more bothered by weight on rifles that are not well-balanced/front-heavy, etc.
CZ 805 Bren S1 Carbine | CZ 75 Compact

Offline Wayne in boca

« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2018, 10:50:17 AM »
Had a guy who must have gone 250 pounds easy tell me the Bren is too heavy.I told him what Chris Christofferson told Wesley Snipes in Blade when Blade complained about the weight of a new weapon."But you're so big".

Offline armoredman

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2018, 11:36:51 PM »
I think it is a little heavy for a fat old broke down man like me, but I think it is very well balanced as well. My CZ 527M is much lighter, but it's not a BREN. ;)

Zeebz

« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2018, 01:41:24 PM »
I love the Bren.  I'm not a huge fan of the "modern" style combat rifles.  When it comes to military-type guns I like older stuff like HK91s, AK-47s, FALs, etc.  I've had an ARX100 before and didn't like it at all despite being a huge Beretta fan.  I've handled an ACR and wasn't a fan of that, either.  SCARs are cool, but way more than I want to spend on a single gun purchase.  The Bren, to me, feels like an overbuilt SCAR 16.  I love the ergonomics and the added weight doesn't bother me.  It's the one modern combat rifle that I looked at and was like "I really want that."  Now that I own one I am so glad I bought it.  They really are fantastic rifles for the money.  And like others who have handled both, I prefer it over the SCAR 16.

Offline thehun

« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2018, 02:29:34 PM »
I wouldnt take a SCAR16 over a BREN...ever.

I've had a SCAR as well.

Offline armoredman

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2018, 06:42:47 PM »
I've never even seen a SCAR in the flesh - they aren't very popular down here, I guess.

anything