Author Topic: CZ-USA Shipping Prices.. What gives?  (Read 2594 times)

Offline Wobbly

• Administrator
  • Loves the smell of VihtaVuori in the morning !
Re: CZ-USA Shipping Prices.. What gives?
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2018, 08:28:15 AM »
The USPS goes by package size and weight for first class. When I order parts and supplies from Dillon Precision, they go only by weight. So I can usually add plastic ammo boxes to an order and not pay extra shipping becasue they weigh nothing, although I tripled the size of the box ! Then, one day I noticed that shipping went up by $9 when I added a 25? brass shell plate button... the smallest part they make. Needless to say, I dropped the request for the button.

The point is, they have to account for shipping somehow. No formula is perfect, but someone does have to pay. Figure out their method and use it to your advantage.
In God we trust; On 'Starting Load' we rely.

Offline Droopy

« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2018, 08:37:11 AM »
Well hopefully these parts will become available on Amazon soon and we can get them shipped 2nd day free with our Prime account if we all have one that is.

Offline bayouredd

« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2018, 10:40:07 AM »
This is just how it is and I'm no fan of it either but I doubt they are making much profit on a 7.27 shipping charge. The REAL issue is that's for UPS mail innovations shipping and that's a rip off when they could put it in a small flat rate box and ship it anyplace in the country for the same price and it would arrive in 2-3 days vs 5-15 depending on your location.

I have to defend CZ a bit here...
1st -  the above quote is correct. You buy a flat box and whatever is in it makes no difference. Shipping lead would even be the same price if it fit in the box.
2nd - when your primary business isn't to be a shipper, that and answering a phone are a pain in the a$$. It detracts from your daily accomplishment routine. whatever you establish as a generic, easiest to do thing, is the best for business flow.
3rd - if you think that Amazon is priced the best because you get free shipping, you are waaaayyy wrong.

Don't get me wrong, I seek out the most efficient shipping for my business that I can get. I like what Amazon does but, I probably had to compromise on something else to use them. Now those TV  bargain thangs, yep they make money on shipping, but CZ more than likely found an option that most can live with & it is easiest for their business to take the time out for their shipping routine...

Offline eastman

« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2018, 09:45:59 PM »
If they didn't have a high shipping and handling cost to cover the overhead, they would do what many industrial supply companies do and set a minimum order value (and I've seen that at $100-250).
I don't look like my avatar!

Offline cremaley

• Retired but not forgotten
« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2018, 08:51:43 AM »
Shipping price have definitely gotten expensive.
CZ 10-PC 9mm (HBI Trigger, CGW Striker 3lb spring, GGI Stainless Guide Rod 15lb spring)
Sig Sauer P365 9mm
Sig Sauer P320 X Carry 9mm
Springfield 911 .380
"Remember the first rule of gunfighting...have a gun"-Jeff Cooper

Offline Wobbly

• Administrator
  • Loves the smell of VihtaVuori in the morning !
« Reply #20 on: February 21, 2018, 09:31:25 AM »
If you think that's awful, then read this...

I ordered a small electronic part for my motorcycle. It's no larger than 1 x 1 x 1/2" with a bunch of wires sticking out. To say 5 units would fit in a Small Flat Rate box would be an understatement. But the business had contracted for "exclusive" rights with FedEx to be their one and only shipper, so instead of $7 the shipping was $18.

The box was supposed to arrive in 2 days. That's what I was supposed to get for my $18. But FedEx dropped it at the local post office, which was my correct zip code PO, but unfortunately NOT the PO where my home delivery originates. So the box had to go to Atlanta, be sorted and sent back to the other PO, 4 miles away, for home delivery. In all it took 10 days for my second day shipment to arrive.

:(
« Last Edit: February 21, 2018, 09:33:17 AM by Wobbly »
In God we trust; On 'Starting Load' we rely.

Offline Joe Allen

« Reply #21 on: February 22, 2018, 01:19:13 PM »
But FedEx dropped it at the local post office, to arrive.

So it wasn't even really Fedex - it's that stupid "smartpost" nonsense where a common carrier gets it in the neighborhood and USPS does the last mile. Due to repeated experiences, I actively avoid those and was close to dropping Amazon Prime over their use of it, which seems to have backed off.

I have never seen such a confluence of incompetence. You take two outfits who are barely capable of delivering a package on their own, force them to work in tandem, and just watch the fireworks. At a generous guess, maybe 1/3 of the packages I receive from "smartpost" actually arrive on time.

Offline recoilguy

« Reply #22 on: February 22, 2018, 04:25:04 PM »
I was going to try a $20 holster until at check out showed shipping of $7 to $8.   They still have their holster.

then the shipping did you a favor.......you should thank them for pricing you 7 bucks on shipping

RCG
Its easy being a communist in a free country
What's hard is to be free in a communist country

Offline recoilguy

« Reply #23 on: February 22, 2018, 04:27:12 PM »
This stuff used to really get to me too......I order a lot of parts annually, sometimes it just a small inexpensive thing and the shipping is 2-3x the cost of the item.....but then again, I don't have access to the parts any other way....whatcha gonna do  ::)

Buy it and be happy. You get it!

RCG
Its easy being a communist in a free country
What's hard is to be free in a communist country