Author Topic: MEGA 2000...First range report and minor mods  (Read 3334 times)

Offline ROCKY150

MEGA 2000...First range report and minor mods
« on: February 16, 2018, 07:44:14 PM »
Just received my new Mega 2000 (or 2000 Mega...or Sar Mega... or Klinic 2000.... or Hawk...or Whatever it is called) and I am duly impressed.  After checking the factory oil job, I went straight to the range, dispatched about 100 rounds and it shoots better than I.  Nice groups at 7 and 10 yards.  No problems whatsoever.   Took it home, cleaned it up, changes the hammer spring to a 13lb Wolfe, polished a few parts, and it feels much better yet.  I reshaped and smoothed the trigger edge to help reduce the pain of shooting more that 250 rounds.  The blue, all steel frame is so well done.   It rivals every other pistol that I have, including my Sig 228.  For $340 plus shipping, I could not have gone wrong.

Glad to be part of the Clone Club!!!

Rocky
Reno NV

Offline jwc007

• Global Moderator
Re: MEGA 2000...First range report and minor mods
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2018, 07:53:55 PM »
Welcome to the Forum and Congratulations on your mew Mega 2000, and may it serve you well!  8)   :)
"Easy is the path to wisdom for those not blinded by ego." - Yoda

For all of those killed by a 9mm: "Get up! You are not dead! You were shot with a useless cartridge!"

Offline RockSemiAuto

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2018, 09:26:49 AM »
I bought the Stainless version last month. I agree it is one great firearm. I have 200 rounds through mine so far without an issue. Fantastic gun for the money. Congrats and welcome to the forum.

Offline Rcher

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2018, 08:04:49 PM »
Enjoy, this is awesome gun!

After 7 months and 1250 rounds shot, the action is very smooth and recoil spring weakened a bit, so I'm thinking about installing Wolf 15 lbs spring for more hot loads. Till now I had only 1 FTF with IMI Di-Cut hollow point.

I also shot 1100 .22lr rounds with Witness conversion kit installed on SAR Mega frame, they are compatible and after some polishing rate of FTF is acceptable.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2018, 08:06:54 PM by Rcher »

Offline ROCKY150

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2018, 08:39:40 PM »
So far...so great.   I really like what I have so far and it sound like I should expect great result over the next many thousands of rounds.  Appreciate the reply.  The .22 conversion is of interest too.

RRR

Offline Rcher

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2018, 12:20:16 AM »
So far...so great.   I really like what I have so far and it sound like I should expect great result over the next many thousands of rounds.  Appreciate the reply.  The .22 conversion is of interest too.

RRR

You're welcome. Here is the thread about Witness .22lr conversion kit, where I also share my experience with Mega 2000.
http://www.czfirearms.us/index.php?topic=87241.0

Offline ROCKY150

« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2018, 10:19:01 PM »
2nd trip to the range..  about 120 rounds.   I had changed the hammer spring to a 13lb Wolfe when it got it 2 weeks ago.  I had one light strike that fired the second time around.   The cheap ass that I am, I old schooled a grip enhancement by cutting up a bicycle inner tube and using a 3" section as a home made grip !!!   It worked great....cost $0.00.   It was a used tube!!!    This Mega is a mega pistol.  Soooo Smooooth and shoots so well.    What a find!!

Offline SirPaulGerman

« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2018, 06:21:21 PM »
what do you guys think is better gun overall the Mega or tristar ?

Offline ROCKY150

« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2018, 09:02:48 PM »
Another 100 rounds in each of the Mega and the B6P today.   1 FTF in B6.  Flawless in the Mega.  Not sure about Tristar but they sound like they are made by the same factory?? Or the one down the street, there in Turkey?? 

Offline rabble_rouser

« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2018, 12:47:56 AM »
Another 100 rounds in each of the Mega and the B6P today.   1 FTF in B6.  Flawless in the Mega. Not sure about Tristar but they sound like they are made by the same factory?? Or the one down the street, there in Turkey??

Canik makes Tristar pistols  :)
"Never frighten a little man. He'll kill you." -- Robert Heinlein

Offline jwc007

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2018, 12:57:37 PM »
Note that Canik and Sarsilmaz are two very different Turkish Companies, but they both make excellent handguns.

The Sarsilmaz Cz Clone designs are more reflective of the Tanfoglio Cz Clones, due largely to a past partnership with Tanfoglio, and many Tanfoglio parts will interchange. 

The Canik made Cz Clones are more reflective of the actual current Cz design, but there are some differences making some parts interchangeability very ifffy.  Note that Cajun Gunworks had different pats for the Canik/TriStar Pistols, back when they did custom work on them.

Now back to the Sarsilmaz Mega 2000, which reminds me of my old past Tanfoglio Tz75, with the exception of the Safety.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2018, 01:18:44 PM by jwc007 »

For all of those killed by a 9mm: "Get up! You are not dead! You were shot with a useless cartridge!"

Offline Rcher

« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2018, 04:11:51 PM »
I think the main difference between CZ/Tristar(Canic) design and Tanfoglio/Sarsilmaz is that when you pull trigger in CZ the firing pin locking block goes up to unblock firing pin, and for Tanfoglio/Sar it is going down, so it takes less effort. As the result trigger pull on Tanfoglio/Sarsilmaz is a bit lighter. But I read other opinions that CZ/Canic design of trigger/hammer is more robust and reliable.

One thing which concerns me a lot in Sarsilmaz is absence of factory or after-market parts, it would be great if SAR-USA had them in stock, like CZ or EAA do.

Offline ROCKY150

« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2018, 10:57:14 AM »
Good information.  The lack of aftermarket parts is not necessarily a concern about the inability to replace NEEDED parts but rather an inability to personalize and hot rod my piece.  I am new to this CZ line.  However is there a place where you can cross reference exchangeable parts from Tanfoglio or CZ??  Now that would be a great resource.

RRR

Offline jwc007

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2018, 11:09:40 AM »
Good information.  The lack of aftermarket parts is not necessarily a concern about the inability to replace NEEDED parts but rather an inability to personalize and hot rod my piece.  I am new to this CZ line.  However is there a place where you can cross reference exchangeable parts from Tanfoglio or CZ??  Now that would be a great resource.

RRR

Should you need parts, SAR-USA can provide them.  So will TriStar and EAA.  There is no Cz/Tanfoglio/Sarsilmaz/Canik Parts Interchangeability Database.

Offline Rcher

« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2018, 04:17:45 PM »

RRR

Should you need parts, SAR-USA can provide them.  So will TriStar and EAA.  There is no Cz/Tanfoglio/Sarsilmaz/Canik Parts Interchangeability Database.

It would be great if SAR-USA will provide support for Mega's which were sold by TR Imports (like mine). TR Imports provides warranty, but don't provide any spare parts. I think it would be overhead to send them gun if slide lock was broken for example. I checked SAR-USA site, they have information about SAR 2000 Light, but not for Mega, so I'm not sure if they will distribute them.