Author Topic: Rami- light primer strike  (Read 1249 times)

Offline Archer4life

Rami- light primer strike
« on: February 18, 2018, 09:32:04 PM »
The last few times I've taken the rami to the range I've had 1 to 3 instances were the hammer went click but there was no boom.  Upon inspection the round shows a light dimple in the primer.  What causes this?  If I just reset the hammer and pull the trigger the round fires.

Offline Practical Shooter

• Legio Patria Nostra
Re: Rami- light primer strike
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2018, 09:34:45 PM »
Are those reloads or brand new stuff?
Have you done any mods to the gun?

Offline Archer4life

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2018, 10:30:27 AM »
New stuff.  I'm the second owner.  So I don't know if anything was done internally.

Offline congaree

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2018, 11:48:52 AM »
I would certainly be looking at cleaning the firing pin channel.  If oil gets in there, that will gum up a firing pin and cause light strikes.  Plus, while you've got the firing pin out, you can check the springs to make sure they are ok as well.

Offline Practical Shooter

• Legio Patria Nostra
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2018, 06:40:50 PM »
I would certainly be looking at cleaning the firing pin channel.  If oil gets in there, that will gum up a firing pin and cause light strikes.  Plus, while you've got the firing pin out, you can check the springs to make sure they are ok as well.

I agree ^^^^
If after that the issue persist, you might want to get a new set of springs.
Recoil spring, Main spring (hammer spring) and firing pin spring. that will make you almost start from scratch, because so much the previous owner could have done.
Luckily for you, most owners don't go file things down (like I sometime do  O0), but only replace OEM parts with aftermarket stuff without really knowing of the outcomes.
Many aftermarket parts should really be install by a gunsmith, not because owners are not capable of the install, but because the outcome might not be what was expected, or just doesn't fit, like the 11lb recoil spring sold for CZ 75 by CZcustome or CGW, but in reality doesn't not fit the CZ 75.