Author Topic: Backlogged..  (Read 1754 times)

Offline dannyvi

Backlogged..
« on: February 22, 2018, 09:45:06 AM »
As CGW and CZC are, does anyone one else install the Defensive Carry Kit sold by CGW? Thanks.

Offline SI VIS PACEM PARRABELLUM

Re: Backlogged..
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2018, 10:07:29 AM »
You could look for a local smith who would be interested in doing the work for you but that's a crap shoot. Now is a great time to start honing you're home gunsmithing skills if you're so inclined.
I personally like working on my own guns at home. There is great support and info for all who care to undertake working on CZ's so do not fear.

Offline sleepyhead

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2018, 10:30:43 AM »
another vote for doing it yourself. It's really not difficult, and there's a lot of support online, and cgw has great phone support.

Offline BCC

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2018, 12:56:28 PM »
I've taken my Glocks down completely numerous times and feel very comfortable doing it. The CZ (PCR) I have is lets say WAY more intimidating to say the least ! Anyone recommend a disassembly video that is worth while to get started with getting comfortable with the CZ platform ???  Most of what I see on youTube is rather vague or geared towards one having at least some experience with the detail strip process.....
Thanks
Glock 19
Glock 43
Glock 43x

Offline Oleman

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2018, 05:19:12 PM »
I debated doing my 75B myself, but after the way my SP 01 shoots I just got back I will wait on them. I am sure I could do it but doubt I would get the same results.

Offline cntrydawwwg

« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2018, 12:06:18 AM »
Don?t know if they?ll do smithing without a refinish, but Easton Firearms has installed CGW parts. http://eastonfirearmsrefinishing.com/Gallery.php?make=CZ
  Brian Ahern from Easton is a forum member here, maybe shoot him a PM?
If guns are outlawed.........
 Only outlaws will have guns.

Offline doc171

• FIELD MEDICAL TECHNICIAN
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2018, 01:12:35 AM »
My 2.5 cents worth is study videos,  use the forum for help and get the CZ armorors (spelling ?)  I've done my first P01 with the PRO CGW KIT AND 10X bushing.  Then on my second PO1 I went the 85C trigger and 1485T disconnector. Didn't like the result, installed the Defensive Carry kit and 10X bushing and I wasn't happy so I then installed the RRK AND NOW I AM HAPPY....What I have is a PRO CGW equiped  pair of PO1s.

Offline dannyvi

« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2018, 12:10:34 AM »
Thank you all for your replies! 

Offline rhart

« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2018, 12:56:02 PM »
I vote for do-it-yourself unless you have unlimited finances. You will be glad you did as it gives you a sense of accomplishment and a greater knowledge of your chosen weapon. Take it slow and follow the tutorials and videos. Study/watch all the tutorials you can find a couple of times each before you begin and use the one that suits you best as you do the work is my advice. It helps to have a well lit bench (or table) and all your tools in one place from start to finish and as few distractions (preferrably none) as possible.
Musashi:
- In all forms of strategy, it is necessary to maintain the combat stance in everyday life and to make your everyday stance your combat stance. (situational awareness).
- You can only fight the way you practice.
- If you do not control the enemy, the enemy will control you.

Offline dannyvi

« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2018, 10:46:12 AM »
Glocks , I think, are pretty easy compared ro CZs. Less parts as I also have completely taken Glocks apart . I decided to just wait umless i can find some one to do it earlier . This is my carry gun and want to be sure it is done right. I might try it on another Rami P I have in stainless.

Offline dannyvi

« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2018, 08:30:34 PM »
I have the stainless slide Rami P safety model with 800 rounds with no telltale sign of bulging anywhere.  I want the Cajunized with the defensive carry package as i do love and carry this more than the regukar aluminum framed. I also prefer the thinner grips.  What do you  guys think ?

Offline dannyvi

« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2018, 01:29:01 PM »
I just shipped my Rami safety to Brian Ahearn with CGW Defensive package with tne alloy frame as suggested by a member. I still am waiting for a go ahead from CGW to do my stainless Rami P. Anyone had theres done with Brian? Thanks.

Offline dannyvi

« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2018, 03:43:28 PM »
Brian just called and my Rami is shipping monday! Yahooo! 

Offline cntrydawwwg

« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2018, 03:16:11 AM »
Cool, please keep us posted
If guns are outlawed.........
 Only outlaws will have guns.

Offline dannyvi

« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2018, 05:42:33 PM »
Really fast turnaround from Btian! Got ut and dry fired a few times! Feels much better. Have to shoot, dont want to dty fire too much!