Author Topic: Pic request: RMR riding on top of a compact  (Read 7196 times)

Offline Nimdabew

Pic request: RMR riding on top of a compact
« on: February 24, 2018, 03:27:13 PM »
Does anyone have this combo? I see a lot of Glocks and striker guns with an RMR, but no CZ's with a milled slide. I want to know how low I can go with the RMR and etc. Thanks!
snakeye, no worries, I don't need someone in a leotard. :)

Offline M1A4ME

• I've shot the rest, I now own the best - CZ
Re: Pic request: RMR riding on top of a compact
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2018, 07:36:53 PM »
Don't have an RMR on a Compact but we do have a DP Pro on one.  I don't know if there's a difference in milling depth or not.  We used the front side supplied by Primary Machine and installed the DP Pro back up sight.

Looks awkward (slide width vs. DP Pro width), works great.

I just keep wasting time and money on other brands trying to find/make one shoot like my P07 and P09.  What is wrong with me?

Offline Damiggs2121

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2018, 09:28:39 PM »
Does anyone have this combo? I see a lot of Glocks and striker guns with an RMR, but no CZ's with a milled slide. I want to know how low I can go with the RMR and etc. Thanks!
Here is on a p07

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Offline Nimdabew

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2018, 09:52:29 PM »
I am trying to figure out how deep I can go on the P-01 I have. I am tempted to just put a second red dot on my M&P compact, or if I should put it on my P-01.
snakeye, no worries, I don't need someone in a leotard. :)

Offline Father Sergius

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2018, 11:17:37 AM »
Looks awkward (slide width vs. DP Pro width), works great.

M14,
I'm thinking about putting a DP Pro on a PCR or a P07. What made you chose the Delta over the RMR? Have you tried both? If you carry yours, what holster do you use?

Thank you.

Offline M1A4ME

« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2018, 11:49:10 AM »
I have a couple RMRs (dual illuminated models) on a P07 and P09.  No issues with either. 

My wife suddenly decided she wanted a red dot sight on her Compact after shooting my P07 and the DP Pro was what I had available the quickest (had two actually, a dot and a triangle - she didn't like the triangle model).  No issues with the DP Pro after I got it sighted in.  Stays "on" all the time in the cabinet.  It only goes to the range or on road trips.  She doesn't carry it daily (I suspect something bad would have to happen to someone close to us before she'd think about "messing up" her wardrobe/style to conceal carry it.

No battery life issue so far.  The first one lasted 13 months.  It only gets moved a couple times a month and then it's riding in the car for 9 to 10 hours on a road trip or it goes to the range and gets moved around for 4 or 5 hours.  I don't know how long the battery might last if it was worn/carried for several hours every day.  Cool thing about the DP Pro is you can replace the battery very easily (with no need to head to the range to re-zero it) as the battery loads in from the top of the sight.

I don't know if anyone makes holsters for a Compact with a red dot and the back up iron sights (tall front sight).  I'd probably (if I was going to carry it) order a kydex IWB holster for an urban gray P01 and then modify it right in the front to accommodate the red dot.  That's what I did for my P07.  Ordered a holster from LAG Tactical for an urban gray P07 and then modified it a little.  I use it every time I drive somewhere (concealed carry off my property).
I just keep wasting time and money on other brands trying to find/make one shoot like my P07 and P09.  What is wrong with me?

Offline Father Sergius

« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2018, 01:27:40 PM »
I have a couple RMRs (dual illuminated models) on a P07 and P09.  No issues with either. 

My wife suddenly decided she wanted a red dot sight on her Compact after shooting my P07 and the DP Pro was what I had available the quickest (had two actually, a dot and a triangle - she didn't like the triangle model).  No issues with the DP Pro after I got it sighted in.  Stays "on" all the time in the cabinet.  It only goes to the range or on road trips.  She doesn't carry it daily (I suspect something bad would have to happen to someone close to us before she'd think about "messing up" her wardrobe/style to conceal carry it.

No battery life issue so far.  The first one lasted 13 months.  It only gets moved a couple times a month and then it's riding in the car for 9 to 10 hours on a road trip or it goes to the range and gets moved around for 4 or 5 hours.  I don't know how long the battery might last if it was worn/carried for several hours every day.  Cool thing about the DP Pro is you can replace the battery very easily (with no need to head to the range to re-zero it) as the battery loads in from the top of the sight.

I don't know if anyone makes holsters for a Compact with a red dot and the back up iron sights (tall front sight).  I'd probably (if I was going to carry it) order a kydex IWB holster for an urban gray P01 and then modify it right in the front to accommodate the red dot.  That's what I did for my P07.  Ordered a holster from LAG Tactical for an urban gray P07 and then modified it a little.  I use it every time I drive somewhere (concealed carry off my property).

Can you post a picture from the hammer looking towards the front sight? I would like to get an idea of how much extra bulk is there. What do you think of the triangle DP Pro on a handgun?

Much appreciated.

Offline M1A4ME

« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2018, 05:29:13 PM »
Do you mean oriented like this?

I didn't mind the triangle.  My wife didn't like it, so I took it off and put the dot on.

I took the triangle and put it on an AR15 pistol.  I like it just fine.  I use the top point/corner of the triangle as my aiming point.  I mounted it on the handguard since it would be used like that on any other pistol.  Works fine.

Offline Stuart

« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2018, 07:18:14 PM »
We done this mounting with an RMR plate

Offline LookingIntently

• Looking Intently
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2018, 10:50:35 AM »
I was told by Cajun that my PCR cannot be milled for an RMR. The screw holes are too wide. So, I'm going with a Leupold Delta Pro. I'm on the waiting list to send my PCR in, so I don't have a picture yet.
Looking Intently
Read the Good Book like a good book
https://www.youtube.com/c/lookingintently

Offline bpnkrtn

« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2018, 10:59:29 AM »
I was told by Cajun that my PCR cannot be milled for an RMR. The screw holes are too wide. So, I'm going with a Leupold Delta Pro. I'm on the waiting list to send my PCR in, so I don't have a picture yet.

Interesting that the RMR is too wide but the larger DP-P isn't ... but then the "size" of the unit may not have a direct bearing on where the mounting holes are placed ... ?  Learning more every day ...

Offline Stuart

« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2018, 11:21:47 AM »

it can be done. would need a plate. Our RDS plate cut allows for it, as does using the Trijicon RMR plate pictured above.

Offline Stuart

« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2018, 11:22:24 AM »

Interesting that the RMR is too wide but the larger DP-P isn't ... but then the "size" of the unit may not have a direct bearing on where the mounting holes are placed ... ?  Learning more every day ...

screw positions will determine ability to direct mount.

Offline bpnkrtn

« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2018, 11:25:17 AM »
screw positions will determine ability to direct mount.

Yep ... very educational thread for me ... thanks again!

Offline Vinny

« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2018, 12:12:39 PM »
Has anyone done an RMR mount on a RAMI without the plate?
I have an 'extra' RMR01 that I'm considering mounting on my RAMI.  The Rami slide appears to be slightly wider than a CZ 75 and it's certainly flatter.  When I hold the RMR on top of slide there appears to be just enough room for the holes. Then, I'm wondering if there's enough room for a rear iron too??

I know I CAN mill/direct mount a small mini-rds like Shield, JPoint, or possibly a Viper where the mount holes are closer together.  But, I already have the RMR01 and I think it would be perfect on the RAMI.

Anyone have experience with this?? 

Thanks for any info.  -Vinny
"Fear is a reaction, Courage is a decision"
"Carpe Diem"

anything