Author Topic: A Letter From Hickok 45  (Read 1337 times)

Offline Beak Boater

A Letter From Hickok 45
« on: February 24, 2018, 04:02:03 PM »

Hickok45
Yesterday at 7:02pm ·
Dear School Administrators: Are your Schools Safer Today?

Having spent about eighteen years in school buildings as a student and twenty-nine years in school buildings as an unarmed teacher, fifteen of them post-Columbine, I think I have a right to voice an opinion on this matter. I'm pretty proficient with firearms, yet I faced each day of teaching knowing that I could easily be shot down right along with my students!

So, school administrators, board members, parents, and anybody else responsible for the kids in your community, is your school safer this week? If it is, great work. Thanks for getting at this important task. If not, WHY not! Are you not angry enough yet? I am angry, and I don’t blame students around the country for being angry. Why would they NOT be angry; they are at risk, and nobody seems interested in actually fixing the problem. And I can’t blame an immature sixteen-year-old for placing all the blame on guns; there are plenty of adults who can’t get past that false notion themselves.

I want to know - are you one of the many school administrators just sitting around this week philosophizing and pontificating over coffee about gun control fantasies and improvements needed in the mental healthcare system? Meanwhile, hundreds of unprotected, innocent young people are streaming into your buildings every morning. Since you’ve probably devoted much of your life to obtaining multiple degrees, you are likely well prepared to be a very confident and polished speaker when the national news stations stick their microphones in your face. But if tragedy strikes YOUR school system next week, next month, next year, tomorrow, are you prepared to sacrifice the lives of your students, all the while knowing that there were some pretty effective preventative measures that could have been taken.

I have a shocking newsflash for you, the 2nd Amendment is not going anywhere, and the mental healthcare system and better background checks are not going to be fixed by next Thursday. How about you do what you can NOW! Just consider me naïve, but I think it’s absolutely stunning that every school system in the country has not scoured its budget this week and trimmed some fat, “fat” that could hire some armed security for their campuses, maybe some stronger doors and windows at access points, along with other forms of real security. And if you think youngsters are going to be traumatized by armed guards, they’ll do just fine. REAL trauma is when somebody is terrorizing them with a bomb or a gun.

I like to think if I were in your position that I would already have been meeting with board members, county commissioners, the mayor, the governor, number crunchers in the systems, teachers, building administrators, etc. on an urgent mission to get my buildings and campus as secure as possible RIGHT NOW! Kids’ lives depend on it. Local police departments, along with parents, reserve deputies, and volunteer veterans, could have a serious impact on your security right now, tomorrow morning, when those precious kids get off the bus or drive into the student parking lot.

As left wing politicians have meetings and strategize how they can use these tragic events to promote their gun control agenda, there are very disturbed individuals out there amongst us right now looking for violent ways to “get even” with the world and be the dominate topic on CNN and Fox News for the next two weeks. Why this is not being addressed in every single school building in the country this week in very practical fashion is just beyond me. We can fret and fight over “gun control” NEXT WEEK. We can work on improving the mental healthcare system NEXT WEEK. We can work on making sure serious mental health history shows up on background checks NEXT WEEK. THIS WEEK is when our kids are sitting ducks in all your “gun free zones” that are “gun free” only until somebody with evil intent shows up with one.

As someone in the news stated this week, “The next school shooter is out there, and he probably has a gun,” which would create a sense of urgency in MY mind if I were at ANY level of responsibility in any school system. And, of course, the threat might not even be a severely disturbed teenager; it might just be a hate-crazed religious fanatic from across the globe with an AK47, or a truck, or a bomb.

How about we get the school buildings and our kids protected NOW!
Sincerely,
Hickok45 

Only 2 defining forces have ever offered to die for you....Jesus Christ and the American Soldier. One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Offline Googe1227

• Chiraq CZ Fan
Re: A Letter From Hickok 45
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2018, 06:06:03 PM »
Excellent

Offline rhart

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2018, 07:03:52 PM »
Good job Hickok45!
Musashi:
- In all forms of strategy, it is necessary to maintain the combat stance in everyday life and to make your everyday stance your combat stance. (situational awareness).
- You can only fight the way you practice.
- If you do not control the enemy, the enemy will control you.

Offline DWARREN

• Grumpy Old Guy
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2018, 08:26:58 PM »
Too much good logic for a lot of folks (libs) to digest!
But good letter for sure.
SHUT UP AND RELOAD!

Offline Rickytick

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2018, 11:03:35 PM »
Common sense.

Offline timetofly

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2018, 08:50:26 AM »
I agree.  Having armed and TRAINED security guard(s) in the schools would be a huge deterrent.  I'm not talking about a "Barney Fife" that soils his shorts when a car backfires, but a dedicated individual(s) that take their responsibilities seriously.   I also see the need to allow screened and armed teachers.  This could have a benefit to the safety of our children.  My only reservation in arming teachers is that if student did disarm a teacher they could go on a small rampage or take hostages. 

The long and short of the situation is that there is no perfect or quick solution.
CZ 75B 40 S&W, CZ2075 40 S&W, CZ P10C 9mm, CZ97B 45 ACP, CZ 75D PCR 9mm, CZ 455 Varmint 22LR

The Guardian

« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2018, 09:27:09 PM »
Common sense.

Unfortunately not common enough  :-\

Offline Trblshtr

« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2018, 07:12:41 PM »
I knew there was a reason I like that guy.

This guy at work use to be a teacher and he has bought the anti-gun tripe hook, line and sinker.  He asked me this week if I was ready to admit that "weapons of war" had no place in civilians' hands.  I asked him if he was ready to admit that something needs to be done about securing access to our schools and hardening the facilities against attacks.  His reply, "DON'T TURN OUR SCHOOLS INTO PRISONS!!!!".  It was awkward explaining to him that prisons are built to put the bad guys IN and keep them there, but secured schools will be built to keep the bad guys OUT so our children can go home at the end of the day.  He ignored me and continued on with his unicorn dance of civilian disarmament...
Steve

Offline Tok36

« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2018, 07:40:05 PM »
I knew there was a reason I like that guy.

This guy at work use to be a teacher and he has bought the anti-gun tripe hook, line and sinker.  He asked me this week if I was ready to admit that "weapons of war" had no place in civilians' hands.  I asked him if he was ready to admit that something needs to be done about securing access to our schools and hardening the facilities against attacks.  His reply, "DON'T TURN OUR SCHOOLS INTO PRISONS!!!!".  It was awkward explaining to him that prisons are built to put the bad guys IN and keep them there, but secured schools will be built to keep the bad guys OUT so our children can go home at the end of the day.  He ignored me and continued on with his unicorn dance of civilian disarmament...

"Unicorn dance" is quite fitting. Thank you for that.

Thank you for the post OP.
Will work for CZ pics! (including but not limited to all CZ clones)

Offline painter

« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2018, 07:44:22 PM »
I have a question. Why is it we give these mooks any credence?

Don't publish their names. They all want to be the next Dylan Kliebold and attain notoriety...and the media gives that to them. Stop it.

Call them a$$wipe -001.

Pass a law.
I had the right to remain silent...

but not the ability.

Offline briang2ad

« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2018, 08:45:51 PM »
Amen, and any administrator who does not consider arming and training willing qualified staff should be fired right now. Get someone who will act.

Offline zormpas

• Zorba, "The Veiled Male"
    • Zorba, "The Veiled Male"
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2018, 01:56:36 AM »
Our sheriff in Brevard County, Fl has just announced such a program.

Don't count on it spreading far and wide though. Allow me to quote Mark Twain:

"In the first place, God created idiots. That was for practice. Then He created school boards."

... and by extension school administrators of all sorts. I've seen very little to belie Twain's observation in the almost 6 decades I've spent on this planet - this time around at least. If you want to find utter idiocy, look no farther than the closest school.

Offline SI VIS PACEM PARRABELLUM

« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2018, 06:56:58 AM »
I have no problem with added security in schools as it should have been done decades ago simply to combat the drug problems many schools face let alone what they face today. The real question here is how much of a police state would we like to live in? We can certainly harden all the schools to the point that no one would consider an attack there and I'm all for protecting our kids but then look no further than the local shopping mall,grocery store,or anyplace large crowds of people can be found. Do we want to be searched and scrutinized every where we go?
Til we address the sickness that the post WWII liberalism that has infected this society has brought about we will continue too see these wayward kids act out in the fashion we saw in Fla. The break down of the family unit, anything goes mentality, forcing CHILDREN to try and understand adult relationships when they can't even spell their names yet and the simple fact that MORAL DECENCY has been abandoned by society are the some reasons these tragedies happen and we could fill the page with many more issues that we have allowed to plague this nation.  We will never stop these tragedies by addressing the EFFECT unless we address the CAUSE.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2018, 07:02:44 AM by SI VIS PACEM PARRABELLUM »

Offline czphan35

« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2018, 08:43:21 AM »
Personally given the lack of funding most public schools get, I don't have high hopes for monies allocated for the kind of situational awareness training needed for this kinda thing to not go horribly wrong.
CZ 805 Bren S1 Carbine | CZ 75 Compact

Offline Joe L

« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2018, 09:17:34 AM »
The liberals' goal is not to protect the kids.  The liberals' goal is abolishing the second amendment.  Nothing else matters to them.  The kids sure don't.  Apparently, kids' lives are political capital and there will be some cost in this struggle.  It is despicable how they have politicized this tragedy, using kids as human shields for their attempt at shredding the Constitution.  Hopefully, it will backfire on those wretched souls who put traumatized kids on camera day after day, knowing no one can criticize the kids. 

Armed security at the schools now, before the next "political opportunity" occurs and before more kids are sacrificed for political points.

Joe
CZ-75B 9mm and Kadet, 97B"E", two P-09's, P-07, P-10C

anything