Author Topic: CZ75 SP-01 Mags  (Read 3149 times)

Offline Will Kane

CZ75 SP-01 Mags
« on: February 27, 2018, 11:37:41 PM »
Newbie to the forum.... Greetings from the Peoples Republic of CA.
Why you ask? 4 children - 11 Grandchildren and trophy wife of many years all in CA... God help me.
Believe me, CA wasn't like this in 1955 when I arrived with my dad who was just back from Korea.

Been after a CZ75 SP-01 for two years now. My local Turners has a 30% deposit paid list of 45 people waiting for this gun to become available. My understanding is that the Tactical version is not legal for CA and the std 18+1 mags can't be received by an FFL agent in CA since the loons have decreed a 10 round max. [Currently be contested in court in CA by CRPA & NRA.]

If any of you have a lead on a NIB CZ75 SP-01 with 10 round mags I would appreciate being pointed in the right direction.

Will the 10 round mag work in the same gun that sells normally with the 18 round mag? I would expect the difference is in the design of the magazine and not the magazine well. If I find a 18 round mag gun I would assume I can have it shipped to my FFL agent with no mag in CA?

Glad to have found the forum. I'll certainly be grateful for all replies/opinions.
The coach I use wants me to try 3 gun and my Star mdl B is not really gona cut it apparently.

Thanks in advance.

Offline Tok36

Re: CZ75 SP-01 Mags
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2018, 12:11:36 AM »
Welcome to the forums.

I can confirm that the CA 10 round factory mags will work in any full size and Compact 75 variant, including the CZ SP-01. I can also confirm that the SP-01 Tac (decocker model) is not on the California Approved Handgun List. They can be legally acquired though Private Party Transfer.

For clarity the 10 round factory magazine is generally the same dimensions as the standard capacity magazine. The capacity is limited by shorter magazine body with an extra long floor plate.

As for locating a new SP-01 a general location inside CA may yield better suggestions.

Will work for CZ pics! (including but not limited to all CZ clones)

Offline MoRivera

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2018, 12:42:30 AM »
I live in CT which also has 10-rd limits for mags.  Standard CZ-75 10-rd mags works fine in all SP-01's as well as in my Shadow 2.  Be they labeled as CZ or Mec-Gar.  The ones that come with CZ's have the extra-long plastic bottom, and the Mec-Gars have a regular body, but 'dimples' to limit capacity.

CZ Mag:

Mec-Gar:

Offline myczaccount

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2018, 12:42:39 AM »
The 10 round version is exactly the same as the standard, except the mags are 10 round. The SKU is 01152.

Here?s a link on GB from an extremely reputable dealer:  https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?Keywords=CZ+01152&Sort=13&IncludeSellers=513189

Another but without CC fees: https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?Keywords=01152&Sort=13&IncludeSellers=3382650

Here?s another: https://shop.whittakerguns.com/product/ss-15951

I can sympathize with you. NJ is a total 2A hellhole as well. In some ways worse than CA. And it?s about to get worse.. in fact tomorrow will be a hearing in Trenton for even further restrictions.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2018, 12:46:02 AM by myczaccount »
CZ 75 SP-01 Tactical
CZ 75 Pre B (1995)
CZ P-07
CZ P-10C
Sig Sauer P365 X Macro
Sig Sauer P226 ASE
Smith & Wesson Shield Plus

Offline Will Kane

« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2018, 03:28:03 PM »
H?ge THANKS

Offline Will Kane

« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2018, 04:03:32 PM »

H?ge THANKS to all responders... especially to myczaccount. I did snag the Whittaker Guns CZ so I'm in the club now, so to speak.

Quick question: Was signing up for an account at GunBroker.com and noticed the reviews of the site are TERRIBLE especially regarding customer service. Any thoughts. Seems like a pretty big / well known operation. Do they really take weeks to reply to contested / mis-listed deals in your experience? May be a case of knowing whom your dealing with. For example, mycsaccount IDs the first listing he sent to me as: "... on GB from an extremely reputable dealer."

Thanks again to all who went to the trouble to post a reply. It is sincerely appreciated. :)

Technical question: Is there a way to subscribe to a post / thread so you get email updates when more replies are posted. Didn't find a button for that one, but it's pretty typical for this type forum.

Regards,
Will Kane
William "Will" Kane is a fictional character and the main protagonist of the 1952 Western film, High Noon played by Gary Cooper.
Voted Best Picture Show Ever Made for 59 years running. 2017 ballots come out May 1st.

Offline Richrit

« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2018, 07:44:23 PM »
Cajun has them, I purchased one and they sub the 18rd for 10rd. Still waiting for the stork to arrive.

Offline Tok36

« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2018, 08:51:10 PM »
Technical question: Is there a way to subscribe to a post / thread so you get email updates when more replies are posted. Didn't find a button for that one, but it's pretty typical for this type forum.

Click the Profile button, then hover over the Modify Profile button (located below the profile button), in the drop down select Notifications , In the options there is a check box - "Turn notification on when you post or reply to a topic."

There are a few other options on that screen as well.
Will work for CZ pics! (including but not limited to all CZ clones)

Offline kstov69

« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2018, 09:24:34 PM »
Why you ask? 4 children - 11 Grandchildren and trophy wife of many years all in CA... God help me.
Believe me, CA wasn't like this in 1955 when I arrived with my dad who was just back from Korea.

Been after a CZ75 SP-01 for two years now. My local Turners has a 30% deposit paid list of 45 people waiting for this gun to become available. My understanding is that the Tactical version is not legal for CA and the std 18+1 mags can't be received by an FFL agent in CA since the loons have decreed a 10 round max. [Currently be contested in court in CA by CRPA & NRA.]

If any of you have a lead on a NIB CZ75 SP-01 with 10 round mags I would appreciate being pointed in the right direction.

Will the 10 round mag work in the same gun that sells normally with the 18 round mag? I would expect the difference is in the design of the magazine and not the magazine well. If I find a 18 round mag gun I would assume I can have it shipped to my FFL agent with no mag in CA?

Glad to have found the forum. I'll certainly be grateful for all replies/opinions.
The coach I use wants me to try 3 gun and my Star mdl B is not really gona cut it apparently.

Thanks in advance.
I purchased a cz sp01 tactical a few months ago here in California it came with 18 round mags, look up justice firearms on the web they sell 10/18 round mags for the cz75.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Offline n8vmdpath

« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2018, 05:48:56 PM »

Thanks in advance.
Marting B. Rettings gun shop in Los Angeles may have them (they had a recent Facebook post about  SP-01 in stock).   Also try Guns Direct  in Burbank,  CA. And Ammo Bros in Cerritos, CA

As much as I like Turner's large  inventory, I have given up on their poor management and inefficiency.  I am willing to pay extra$10 or$20 to get 2 hrs of my weekend time back.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Offline RegionRat

« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2018, 01:23:41 PM »
I bought one SP-01 and then another.

The first came with MEC-GAR 10 round and the second with the CZ 10 round.

No issues with either type, but I like the MEC-GAR better because of the weight of the all metal mag body. The CZ ones worry me if they are dropped on the indoor range floor.

anything