Author Topic: Can someone school me on the CZ models?  (Read 1151 times)

Offline yupitsnuge

Can someone school me on the CZ models?
« on: February 28, 2018, 05:14:58 PM »
I just started competing and put aside my glock in favor of a PCR which quickly changed to a Shadow 2. I love the shadow 2. I ordered the S2 kit from CGW and will be sending it in once my spot comes up. I started looking for a SAO to take the S2's place while it's at CGW and quickly became overwhelmed with the different models that CZ is offering. Is there some sort of roster of sorts that shows the different models that CZ offers and in tiers if possible? I obviously checked their website and don't see half the offerings that are out there.
For example, is the Parrot the mack daddy or is the Czechmate?

The Guardian

Re: Can someone school me on the CZ models?
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2018, 05:38:13 PM »
There is no convenient "list".......CZ does have a multitude of models out there, add in CZ Custom offerings not specifically done for CZ-USA and things get a bit more cloudy.  Really in my experience you just need to be diligent at what the features are on every model you research and then compare to what you are looking for.  As much as I really like CZ's their marketing process leaves a bit to be desired.....you are not alone, this "question" comes up periodically on the forum. Add to the normal offerings here in the States other models that get imported from Overseas that carry the same "Name" as one already offered in the States,  though the model number is different it gets fairly confusing for folks.

The Parrot is just a slightly upgraded version of the Czechmate, there really isn't much to upgrade  ::).......I've held one, they look really neat, everything is a different color   8)
« Last Edit: February 28, 2018, 05:43:18 PM by The Guardian »

Offline yupitsnuge

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2018, 05:53:50 PM »
There is no convenient "list".......CZ does have a multitude of models out there, add in CZ Custom offerings not specifically done for CZ-USA and things get a bit more cloudy.  Really in my experience you just need to be diligent at what the features are on every model you research and then compare to what you are looking for.  As much as I really like CZ's their marketing process leaves a bit to be desired.....you are not alone, this "question" comes up periodically on the forum. Add to the normal offerings here in the States other models that get imported from Overseas that carry the same "Name" as one already offered in the States,  though the model number is different it gets fairly confusing for folks.

The Parrot is just a slightly upgraded version of the Czechmate, there really isn't much to upgrade  ::).......I've held one, they look really neat, everything is a different color   8)

Thanks. I tried searching and couldn't come up with much either. So CZUSA releases just the models that are on their site and CZ Custom then pimps out those and also does a mixture of those same models? Such as the CZ75 Bull SPORT which "combines the Bull Shadow upper with the Tactical Sport lower."

The Guardian

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2018, 06:01:01 PM »
Thanks. I tried searching and couldn't come up with much either. So CZUSA releases just the models that are on their site and CZ Custom then pimps out those and also does a mixture of those same models? Such as the CZ75 Bull SPORT which "combines the Bull Shadow upper with the Tactical Sport lower."

Yes........CZ Custom does CZ-USA's custom model's but they also put out their own CZ Custom model's on the side........plus like I said, CZ-USA also brings in models to the US meant for other countries at times which adds to the confusion when they market different model #'s with the same names as models already sold in the US.  ::)

Offline Tyerone

• Saving the planet.
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2018, 01:31:00 AM »
All of the CZ models are Czech except one that immigrated from Italy just recently.  She is also the youngest model and featured in the month of...

Wait.  You weren't talking about the caledar pin up girls???  NEVER MIND.

Rosanne.

Offline yupitsnuge

« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2018, 05:33:20 PM »
All of the CZ models are Czech except one that immigrated from Italy just recently.  She is also the youngest model and featured in the month of...

Wait.  You weren't talking about the caledar pin up girls???  NEVER MIND.

Rosanne.

hahaha

Offline bang bang

« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2018, 10:48:58 PM »
you can download their PDF catalog and look at the end of each section for a table.

Offline Wobbly

• Administrator
  • Loves the smell of VihtaVuori in the morning !
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2018, 04:34:17 PM »
You mean these models ??

In God we trust; On 'Starting Load' we rely.

Offline cremaley

• Retired but not forgotten
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2018, 07:27:21 PM »
Yes definitely those models.
CZ 10-PC 9mm (HBI Trigger, CGW Striker 3lb spring, GGI Stainless Guide Rod 15lb spring)
Sig Sauer P365 9mm
Sig Sauer P320 X Carry 9mm
Springfield 911 .380
"Remember the first rule of gunfighting...have a gun"-Jeff Cooper

anything