Author Topic: CZ Shadow 2 Trigger  (Read 5010 times)

Offline JLla84

CZ Shadow 2 Trigger
« on: March 05, 2018, 08:12:21 AM »
Hey guys, shot my shadow 2 competitively for the first time. It went great. Its an absolute beast.

My question regards the trigger...

What do I need to have done in order to remove the take-up on the single action, and lighten the weight on both DA & SA... reset is already really nice so not too worried about messing with that at this time...

Thanks!

Steel - CZ S2
by Jon L, on Flickr
Visit my IG for USPSA and other shooting videos!
https://www.instagram.com/jlla84/

CZ Shadow 2 Cajunized
CZ P10c Cajunized
CZ Cajun PCR
CZ Scorpion K SBR
Sig P365XL RX
M&P Shield

Offline George16

Re: CZ Shadow 2 Trigger
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2018, 04:21:44 PM »
Install the ultralite kit from Cajun gun works using the 11.5# hammer spring, extended firing pin, reduced firing power firing pin spring and reduced power trigger return spring. Polish the internals (trigger bar, sear faces, disconnector, hammer and hammer strut) to further reduce and smoothen the trigger pull.

I did these to my Shadow 2 and my DA is now at 5# 10 ozs. SA is at 2# 4.10 ozs. I replaced my trigger with a modified recurved trigger and installed a pretravel and over travel screw.

Offline Diver

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2018, 12:21:20 AM »
If you want zero take up you will want to install a t-3 disconector from cajun. It requires hand fitting with a dremel. It is hardened and you need to remove a fair amount of material. Once done the SA has zero pre travel once the trigger resets. Non of this affects DA trigger. To lighten DA install 11.5 pound hammer spring, extended firing pin, reduced power firing pin spring, and reduce ed power trigger spring. That combo will still ignite cci primers. 5lb DA and 2lb SA.

Offline 1steelshooter

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2018, 08:39:26 AM »
CZ Custom sells disconnectors too that will shorten the take up in single action. I have those in my two shadows and they work well.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2018, 08:42:52 AM by 1steelshooter »

Offline ncshadow

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2018, 09:08:27 AM »
Do the disconnectors from CZC have to be fitted as well or drop in?
Tactical Sport Orange 40 Newer Version
Shadow 2 Blue Cajunized
Shadow 2 Orange SAO Cajunized
Shadow Cajunized
Sp-01 Cajunized
SP-01 Cajunized different specs
P-01 99041 Cajunized Everyday Carry
P-01 99041 Cajunized
P10C Cajunized

Offline Cochise

« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2018, 03:13:59 PM »
Called CZC today. They actually answered the phone!

Their "drop in" disconnector 10126 should reduce SA pre-travel according to CZC. Might have to do a little fitting. If you ask they will mark on the part where material needs to be removed if needed. Should drop in on most pistols according to them.
Currently out of stock.

1steelshooter, Sir, did you have to fit? Also how much pre-travel was left? Appreciate the help.

https://czcustom.com/cz-75-pre-b-disconnector-shorter-reset-drop-in.html

Offline SlvrDragon50

« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2018, 07:18:49 PM »
Use an oversize disco. Will always remove more pretravel than a "drop-in" unless by chance yours  needs material removed.

I always use CGW parts over CZC. Usually cheaper.

Offline 1steelshooter

« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2018, 08:33:45 AM »
Called CZC today. They actually answered the phone!

Their "drop in" disconnector 10126 should reduce SA pre-travel according to CZC. Might have to do a little fitting. If you ask they will mark on the part where material needs to be removed if needed. Should drop in on most pistols according to them.
Currently out of stock.

1steelshooter, Sir, did you have to fit? Also how much pre-travel was left? Appreciate the help.

https://czcustom.com/cz-75-pre-b-disconnector-shorter-reset-drop-in.html

I had to fit the two in my shadows. They now have about 1/16" of pre travel. It's been awhile, I don't remember if they were drop in.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2018, 08:35:19 AM by 1steelshooter »

Offline ncshadow

« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2018, 07:32:52 PM »
Can someone post how to fit the T3 disco in Shadow 2 and SP-01?  There was a great link but pics are gone.  Not sure how much or where to take material off. 
Tactical Sport Orange 40 Newer Version
Shadow 2 Blue Cajunized
Shadow 2 Orange SAO Cajunized
Shadow Cajunized
Sp-01 Cajunized
SP-01 Cajunized different specs
P-01 99041 Cajunized Everyday Carry
P-01 99041 Cajunized
P10C Cajunized

anything