Author Topic: Well I snagged one SP-01  (Read 832 times)

Offline mdThanatos

Well I snagged one SP-01
« on: March 05, 2018, 06:41:04 PM »
I am a stubborn cheap man that doesn't want to overspend on anything I buy, but I like quality items.  So after close to a year of bidding and losing I managed to pick up a NIB SP-01 9mm for under $500.  Already got some o-rings to practice some dry fire before I get a chance to take it out, and went ahead and ordered a few extra mags.  Now I have to temporarily block the CGW website from myself.

Offline Rmach

Re: Well I snagged one SP-01
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2018, 08:30:31 PM »
A new steel SP-01 for under $500 doesn't happen very often.
CZ Shadow Orange (Aussie model), S2 urban gray, S2 black and blue, CZ Custom 75b polished stainless, Grand Power Xcalibur, Tristar C-100

Offline mastaking

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2018, 10:52:34 AM »
Sweet pick up

Offline scottyboy

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2018, 11:47:12 AM »
I got mine for $550 and I thought that was a deal!!  Well done!

Offline BillyCuth

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2018, 03:14:48 PM »
I am looking at one for $585 shipped (still have to pay the transfer)...

That's the best I can find atm.  Under $500 is a steal, imho. 

I am considering a very slightly used one for $499, but that one doesn't have all the mags, which is a bummer.

Offline MikeLW

« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2018, 05:02:07 PM »
I am looking at one for $585 shipped (still have to pay the transfer)...

That's the best I can find atm.  Under $500 is a steal, imho. 

I am considering a very slightly used one for $499, but that one doesn't have all the mags, which is a bummer.

I paid $550 a couple years ago plus shipping and plus FFL fee and I was tickled.

Offline mdThanatos

« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2018, 05:18:08 PM »
Still haven't had a chance to take it out, work is kicking me in the rear.  Been dry firing a lot getting used to the trigger and keep having to remind myself not to look at the CGW website.  I did add five mags this week though.

Offline RegionRat

« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2018, 01:15:40 PM »
My wife was a little surprised at me when I took a $600 SP-01 and then spent $700 on it at CGW.

Then she shot it...  now I needed another one and that one is already at CGW to have all the magic done since I can’t get the other one away from her...

You are a very patient man.

Offline jkucukov

« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2018, 12:03:33 AM »
Was this on Gun Broker, they are becoming hard to find IAmmo had them for under 520 and i thaught that was a deal. I hope this tarrif hike doesnt make them go up in price with the importers.

Offline LeMarque

« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2018, 03:30:57 PM »
Pics or it didn't happen  ;)

Congrats on the great find. Keep it up and you can offer your services as "The CZ Shopper" for a fee.

I just got back from the range with my SP-01 and for a guy who's only been to the range a few times, I kept looking at my P-01 but couldn't put the SP-01 down!

Heavy with a full mag but "where's recoil?"

Offline mdThanatos

« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2018, 03:17:25 PM »
Here is a quick photo, not a photographer by any means.  I won an auction on GunBroker for it, almost lost it but got really lucky.  Going to try and take her out next week when the weather clears up a bit.  Just dry firing it has me thinking about changing out the grips already.

Offline LeMarque

« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2018, 05:38:34 PM »
Very nice!

I shoot low and to the left (when I hit the target); so I'm holding off on accessorizing ...

Offline Practical Shooter

• Life's just too short
« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2018, 05:53:45 PM »

Congrats on the great find. Keep it up and you can offer your services as "The CZ Shopper" for a fee.

I just got back from the range with my SP-01 and for a guy who's only been to the range a few times, I kept looking at my P-01 but couldn't put the SP-01 down!

Soon you won't even know that gun is heavy, until someone lend you their Glock  :o

Mine also shot low and left. New sights took care of it.

Offline LeMarque

« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2018, 09:22:10 PM »

Soon you won't even know that gun is heavy, until someone lend you their Glock  :o

Mine also shot low and left. New sights took care of it.

Sites are one reason why I'm shooting TulAmmo. I figure to be able to purchase them and maybe grips with my next bulk purchase; .17 cents a round delivered. (I'm a stubborn cheap old man also mdThanatos) I've not had one issue so far after approx. 600 rounds thru both the P-01 or the SP-01. With the exception that is of one of the eight mags. for the SP-01 wasn't feeding right.  Need to take it apart and see if I can figure out why.

Offline Tyerone

• Saving the planet.
« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2018, 10:57:08 PM »
Glad to see you that you didn't skimp on magazines!

anything