Author Topic: New Kadet Kits  (Read 5724 times)

Offline Stuart

New Kadet Kits
« on: March 08, 2018, 12:15:00 PM »
CZ has added a Kadet kit for the Shadow 2 and SP01.

Offline Joe L

Re: New Kadet Kits
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2018, 04:53:58 PM »
That looks more like a P-07/09 version than the original Kadet design.  Also, polymer magazines.  I bet it is less expensive than the original Kadet, also.

Joe 
CZ-75B 9mm and Kadet, 97B"E", two P-09's, P-07, P-10C, P-10F, P-10S, MTR

Offline Stuart

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2018, 04:56:29 PM »
That looks more like a P-07/09 version than the original Kadet design.  Also, polymer magazines.  I bet it is less expensive than the original Kadet, also.

Joe 

actually its not, MSRP is about $35 more.

Offline Psyop96

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2018, 05:17:53 PM »
Any concerns/experience with using lighter hammer springs or do the same laws of physics apply with .22 LR on these?

Offline Joe L

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2018, 07:18:44 PM »

Joe 

actually its not, MSRP is about $35 more.

Uh oh.  I guess we'll see how it sells, then.  I don't think this is a bullseye match gun.  Hopefully a good plinker and run and gun practice gun. 

Joe

Offline DenStinett

• HALT, Who goes there?
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2018, 09:43:55 PM »
Can't see how a one piece Slide could be as accurate as the original KADET and its two piece design
They would have to prove to me, that the "Lock-up" is 100% the same, 100% of the time
So tell me again how Trump was worse then the 8 years before .... AND what's coming after HIM !

Offline Joe L

« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2018, 05:44:09 AM »
The folks that have the P-07/09 version seem pretty happy with them, however, and this version may well be even better.  We'll see.  Hopefully, they will be just fine. 

I gotta be careful here.  I got burned on a Sig conversion for the P-226 pistols way before I got a CZ.  That design was, well, difficult to deal with.  I think that is why I appreciated the original Kadet design so much from day one.  It was so different from the pot metal and polymer Sig (actually GSG, I think) design that I have ALWAYS been happy with it.  It is worth the price.  I am afraid it has become the standard for me.  I'm spoiled.  I automatically assume that anything else can't come close. 

But modern (CZ) manufacturing allows us to buy match grade barrel fit ups in a 9mm P-07 from Academy Sports, why not in a .22 conversion?  It is a CZ.  Let's see how they shoot and how they run.

Joe

Offline Stuart

« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2018, 08:33:43 AM »
I don?t think the new kits will have the potential to be as accurate. But may be meant to be more of a plinker

Offline Steve B

« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2018, 11:53:06 AM »
Can't see how a one piece Slide could be as accurate as the original KADET and its two piece design
They would have to prove to me, that the "Lock-up" is 100% the same, 100% of the time

Looking at the pics, it is NOT a one piece slide.
Looks like a revision of the original Kadet design.

When installed it appears the front portion would be immobile hence the barrel should remain locked in the same position.
The rear sight mounted on the moving slide portion may create minor issues, however.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2018, 11:58:25 AM by Steve B »
Regards,
Steve

Offline Joe L

« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2018, 12:22:36 PM »
I think you guys mean the same thing, but have different definitions of one piece versus two piece slides. I'll add a third.  The original Kadet is a three piece assembly, consisting of a barrel, slide body, and a reciprocating "bolt".  The barrel and slide body with the sights is pinned together and do not move when the gun is fired.  The Shadow has a slide body with reciprocates on each shot, and a fixed barrel, that is, it is pinned to the host frame.  The slide body and sights reciprocate on each shot, so the location of the sights relative to the barrel can vary from shot to shot.  How much is dependent on the clearances, which can't be very tight on a .22 or the slide body won't cycle far enough to catch the next round. 

We'll see.  I am definitely glad they came up with the .22 option. 

Joe

Offline Steve B

« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2018, 01:17:05 PM »
I think you guys mean the same thing, but have different definitions of one piece versus two piece slides. I'll add a third.  The original Kadet is a three piece assembly, consisting of a barrel, slide body, and a reciprocating "bolt".  The barrel and slide body with the sights is pinned together and do not move when the gun is fired.  The Shadow has a slide body with reciprocates on each shot, and a fixed barrel, that is, it is pinned to the host frame.  The slide body and sights reciprocate on each shot, so the location of the sights relative to the barrel can vary from shot to shot.  How much is dependent on the clearances, which can't be very tight on a .22 or the slide body won't cycle far enough to catch the next round. 

We'll see.  I am definitely glad they came up with the .22 option. 

Joe

Based upon the photo in the OP, only the rear sight reciprocates with the slide.
The front sight is fixed in position as is the front (and rear) of the barrel .

As far as lock up, the probability of the Shadow 2 kit locking in the same position every time is likely very close to that of the original Kadet kit, all individual firearm tolerances considered.
It is the rear sight that may not remain in consistent alignment with the front sight, since the Shadow 2 kit does not retain the long, fixed upper rail of the original kit.

It looks like CZ took the original design, split the upper rail just behind the front sight portion and incorporated that into the bolt making it into a reciprocating slide.
They also modified the recoil spring  design.
Closer to the original design than the kit for the P-07 (for example) with similarities to both.
This would also explain the pricing being similar to that of the original kit.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2018, 01:19:40 PM by Steve B »
Regards,
Steve

Offline Joe L

« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2018, 02:43:38 PM »
Steve, I see what you are saying, now.  Stuart will have to tell us whether that is a two part seam or a change in finish between the front sight piece and the rear sight piece.  If it is the way you see it, the rear piece has to have a lug below the barrel to catch the recoil spring.  I assumed the front sight piece and the rear sight piece are one piece.  Thanks for the clarification.

Joe

Offline DenStinett

• HALT, Who goes there?
« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2018, 11:42:18 PM »
Steve, I see what you are saying, now.  Stuart will have to tell us whether that is a two part seam or a change in finish between the front sight piece and the rear sight piece.  If it is the way you see it, the rear piece has to have a lug below the barrel to catch the recoil spring.  I assumed the front sight piece and the rear sight piece are one piece.  Thanks for the clarification.

Joe

Yeah, I can see what appears to (possibly) be a seam approx 1" to the rear of the muzzle end of the Slide
So yes; the Front Sight could be fixed to the Barrel, but not the Rear .... a much different design   :o
Just guessing here .... A PolyCoated Steel Bow End, pinned to the Barrel, with a full sized Alloy Main Slide as apposed to the "Slide and Bolt" set-up of the '75' KADET or K2s
Then yes; this set-up could be more accurate than the 'P' Series KADETs, but still not that of the '75' KADETs

Stuart .... wherefore art thou Stuart ?
So tell me again how Trump was worse then the 8 years before .... AND what's coming after HIM !

Offline redlightrich

« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2018, 08:23:19 AM »
No matter.... I will probably buy an SP-01 version, even though I have a 75 version for my SP-01 already. I like working with these kits.

More money to spend now.....

Offline DenStinett

• HALT, Who goes there?
« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2018, 07:53:18 PM »
Still no one to confirm if the Slide is a "One" or "Two" Piece, Alloy or Steel Unit ?