Author Topic: Any reservations or 2nd thoughts on buying a P-01 w/Omega trigger?  (Read 1129 times)

Offline 2tango2

I have my eye on a Urban Gray P-01 that is a 2018 build however the chatter on the issues that some people are having with the decocker working its way loose is giving me 2nd thoughts.

Anyone have a 2018 Omega build with a decent number of rounds through it and has been good to go?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline twowheels

Re: Any reservations or 2nd thoughts on buying a P-01 w/Omega trigger?
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2018, 12:24:15 PM »
I love my 2016.

Offline M1A4ME

• I've shot the rest, I now own the best - CZ
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2018, 06:13:31 PM »
I have a 2016 made UG P01.  Great pistol.  No issues.

There is a long thread here on the Omega P01 decocker issues.  When set up with the safeties they seem to be fine.

Also, so far, I believe I've read that the issue is with the Omega P01's made in 2017.  I don't think anyone with a 2018 (or 2016) pistol has reported that issue with the decocker lever (left side) moving out of the frame while firing the pistol.

I'm looking (at the gun shows/local gun stores) for a 2017 made P01 to tinker with.  Knowing my luck I'll get one that works just fine, but I'd really like to tinker with one that had the problem to see if I can figure out what the problem is and fix it.

Good luck in your search/acquisition of a fine pistol.
I just keep wasting time and money on other brands trying to find/make one shoot like my P07 and P09.  What is wrong with me?

The Guardian

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2018, 06:37:15 PM »
I'm a bit fixated on the older (traditional) trigger system, its just really good and very easy to get better than the Omega.  The only advantage to the Omega is the convertibility of it between safety/de-cocker, but for me and I would venture to say most folks its an "option" that most don't use......it gets set up and stays.  Just my opinion....  ::)

Offline Tanners Owner

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2018, 09:19:55 PM »
Just shot my 2016 version yesterday at an IDPA match, no issues with the gun?s operation what so ever. I?m sold on it- one of my favorite CZs and one of my favorite handguns.
Like a midget at a urinal, I'll have to keep on my toes

Offline Nimdabew

« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2018, 10:16:29 PM »
I'm a bit fixated on the older (traditional) trigger system, its just really good and very easy to get better than the Omega.  The only advantage to the Omega is the convertibility of it between safety/de-cocker, but for me and I would venture to say most folks its an "option" that most don't use......it gets set up and stays.  Just my opinion....  ::)

Agreed. I had been looking for an omega p01 for years but couldn't find one. I broke down and bought a regular p01 because I was just going to use the decocker anyways. I am glad I did because I think I have the smoothest standard trigger that I have ever felt on my P01 after spending about six hours working, fitting, and polishing the parts.
snakeye, no worries, I don't need someone in a leotard. :)

Offline 2tango2

Any reservations or 2nd thoughts on buying a P-01 w/Omega trigger?
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2018, 11:19:58 PM »
I have a 2016 made UG P01.  Great pistol.  No issues.

There is a long thread here on the Omega P01 decocker issues.  When set up with the safeties they seem to be fine.

Also, so far, I believe I've read that the issue is with the Omega P01's made in 2017.  I don't think anyone with a 2018 (or 2016) pistol has reported that issue with the decocker lever (left side) moving out of the frame while firing the pistol.

I'm looking (at the gun shows/local gun stores) for a 2017 made P01 to tinker with.  Knowing my luck I'll get one that works just fine, but I'd really like to tinker with one that had the problem to see if I can figure out what the problem is and fix it.

Good luck in your search/acquisition of a fine pistol.

I have the regular P-01 Omega with an early 2017 target date.  I have been following the other thread but it seems to have run its course

I?ve yet to shoot it and at least from the testing I?ve down based on what I?ve read in the other thread, it seems ?okay?

Testing pretty much consisted of pressing down on the ejector with the slide locked to the rear and seeing if the the decocker moves or popped out of place.  So far neither has happened.  Whether it starts to fall apart after a box of ammo remains to be seen

Maybe I got one that is fine.  I?m trying to figure out what would be different in 2016 and 2018 builds vs a 2017? It?s a pretty simple system so I?m not sure what they could have changed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

anything