Author Topic: Any experience with the "HiViz" sights on a shadow?  (Read 221 times)

Offline kmanick

Any experience with the "HiViz" sights on a shadow?
« on: March 11, 2018, 09:51:31 AM »
I ran into a friend of mine yesterday who recently picked up an M&P 5" pro ( not core ) with the HIViz sights on it and  "Wow"
they really picked up the light nicely.
They were noticeably brighter than the sights on my shadow 2 (nd they have fresh tubes in them)
anyone know anything about them? Not much info on them online.
they have a front sight for the CZ75 I assume this will drop right onto a shadow 2?
http://www.hivizsights.com/product/czlw01/

I know Dawson sights get a lot of love around here but these were quite "eye opening" no pun intented
thanks

Nick
make it criminal to own a gun and only criminals will own them

Offline Tanners Owner

Re: Any experience with the "HiViz" sights on a shadow?
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2018, 09:51:28 PM »
I have Dawson’s on my P09 & S&W E series 1911. Very good sights. Also have hiviz on several of my other guns, revolvers & XD.

Fully agree w/ you on the eye catching attribute of the hiviz , big difference is in the size of the sight/ dot between the two. Arguably one may be able to achieve better accuracy with the narrower, smaller dot, especially at longer distances.

For me, I find the Dawson’s help me with hitting targets at longer distances as the front sight doesn’t cover the target as I’ve had with the hiviz. I use combat sight picture. You may have different experiences.
Like a midget at a urinal, I'll have to keep on my toes

Offline kmanick

Re: Any experience with the "HiViz" sights on a shadow?
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2018, 11:10:01 PM »
that was somewhat a concern I had as well, the dot is quite a bit larger than what comes stock on the Shadow 2.
25 feet and closer ...probably not an issue, actually probably really good,  outside of 25 feet that dot may cover up
a  good deal of what I'm aiming at.
Hmmm I'll have to mull this over, as i just changed the tube on my stock sight but have not had a chance to shoot outside
with it in there yet. I'm hoping the fresh tube is nice and bright so i can move on.
make it criminal to own a gun and only criminals will own them

anything