Author Topic: Review and pics of Boriqua Leather SP01 holster  (Read 1309 times)

Offline scottyboy

Review and pics of Boriqua Leather SP01 holster
« on: March 11, 2018, 05:23:52 PM »
I recently got my new holster for my SP01 from Boriqua Leather.  I love it!!  This thing is a piece of art. :)

Over the course of a week or so, Alex (a member here ) and I discussed different options until I came to what I wanted.  From that time, it took 3 weeks for it to be made and arrived at my door, super fast!!  I actually went with a double lined holster which cost a little more.  Alex explained the advantages. 

For some reason or another I have been a light holster user, only having some basic fobus Kydex holsters so I can?t speak with much authority on holsters.

I followed Alexs suggestion for breaking in, using wax paper and maybe taking a couple of nights.  I just did this for one night and its pretty much where I want it.  You have to be firm to get it out, retention is excellent, won?t shake out upside down.  I am going to leave it at that, and see if it loosens up a little more over time, which wouldn?t be a problem.  I?ve never had a leather holster and it suprises me at how awesome the retention is.  It almost has a positive tactical and audible ?click? into retained, just like a kydex.

Note those photos are in directly sun light and really bring out the brown, its a little darker in person (not as flashy ;). but I got what I wanted, something with a little class for a classy pistol.  I am looking forward to using this a lot this summer, shooting outdoors, camping etc.

I feel I got way more than I payed for, I don?t know how Alex does it for this price but I would pay more for it!!  I plan to get more in the future!

Offline Earl Keese

Re: Review and pics of Boriqua Leather SP01 holster
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2018, 05:57:11 PM »
Beautiful work!

Offline SP01bob

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2018, 12:38:38 PM »
Yeah, that is very nice. I wonder if a P01 would fit it, or if he makes one like it for the P01.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Offline Boriqua

• Boriqua Leather
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2018, 06:15:11 PM »
I am so happy you like the holster Scott!! I think its important to spend some time up front communicating so I can offer suggestions and options and try and make sure in the end you get something you will love. You are going to have it a while!

I am not a big company .. just an old dude who does leather work so I am kind of slow and I rarely have things made on hand.

SP01 Bob ... I currently have CZ molds and patterns for the
P01
PCR
75 full size
75 compact
Rami
SP01 ... (the gun I am lusting after)
and 97

I have molds for a few other guns but that is my CZ stash.  ;D