Author Topic: New 75 SP-01 Phantom Owner.... A question about the sights  (Read 1028 times)

Offline BillyCuth

New 75 SP-01 Phantom Owner.... A question about the sights
« on: March 12, 2018, 12:53:17 PM »
Hi all,

I joined the forum last week after purchasing my first CZ ever.  As I mentioned in my intro thread, I am a casual shooter/home defender/2nd Amendment enthusiast.  I have not owned a handgun in several years and never really honed much skill with the one I did own (an XD-40 tactical).

Anyway, my plan is to really get involved and I want to improve my skill level.  One of the weak points of this handgun is its sights.  My plan right out of the box is to change them out for something markedly better.  Does anyone know if these will fit the Phantom?  Is there a better place to go?

https://shop.opticsplanet.com/meprolight-tru-dot-night-sights-for-cz-pistols.html?_iv_code=MR-AP-CZ-92722&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=plusbox-beta&gclid=CjwKCAjwypjVBRANEiwAJAxlIiECjEi0CDSRgECTBEhaTSoK851ctbFe9vcY0kW37IhUiFdgQ-77FBoCickQAvD_BwE

Also, although I am somewhat mechanically inclined, I have never worked on a handgun before (obviously).  Is this something I would be better served having a pro do, or can I reasonably expect to be able to tackle it?

I did do some google searching and checked around the forum but didn't see much, plus I'd much rather have a live conversation with people. 

Offline joedirt199

Re: New 75 SP-01 Phantom Owner.... A question about the sights
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2018, 09:22:56 AM »
Cajun gunworks, cz custom, dawson precision all have good sights. The meprolights will work and are not that hard to switch out. If you can swing a hammer and hit a punch you can get the front sight out. The rear is going to need a vise to hold the slide and a good whack with a hammer to get moving. A good whack with a hammer and a brass or aluminum punch will get it moving. The new sights may need a litte sanding on the bottom to go in. Once the sights goes about halfway in without much force you can tap it the rest of the way in.
God created Police so Fireman would have heroes

In God we Trust, everyone else gets searched.

Offline XTrooper

• XTrooper's Web Site
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2018, 04:58:06 PM »
Hello. I'm very happy with the Cajun Gun Works Trijicon/Dawson night sights I have on my Phantom. These sights serve well as combat sights yet still do a good job at allowing precision shooting at normal pistol ranges. The front sight has a nice, big white ring encircling its tritium vial while the rear sight's vials have thin metal rings around them so your eyes are easily and naturally drawn to the front sight. Aso, there is sufficient gap on either side of the front sight blade to make precision shooting possible. In low light/darkness, the front and rear sights glow identically in size and intensity since the same tritium vials are used in each.

Steve
NJ State Trooper #3936 (retired 4/1/1991)
NRA Law Enforcement Firearms Instructor
Life Member: VFW, VVA, NRA Benefactor

Offline XTrooper

• XTrooper's Web Site
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2018, 05:03:46 PM »
You're welcome.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2018, 06:16:19 AM by XTrooper, Reason: duplicate post »
Steve
NJ State Trooper #3936 (retired 4/1/1991)
NRA Law Enforcement Firearms Instructor
Life Member: VFW, VVA, NRA Benefactor