Author Topic: CZ USA Warranty  (Read 1396 times)

Offline Practical Shooter

• Legio Patria Nostra
CZ USA Warranty
« on: March 12, 2018, 05:25:40 PM »
I had a CZ 75 Omega. I couldn't swap from the Decocker lever to the Safety lever.
I contacted CZ USA and they sent me a FedEx postage paid print out. Great, but when the gun returns to me after a few weeks, I probably won't be home to sign the FedEx guys receipt. So I sold the gun and moved on.
Last week (March 4th 2018), I get myself a CZ 75 SP-01. After 300 rounds, I decide to clean the gun and to my surprise, the Firing Pin Roll Pin is damaged (common issue brought up on this forum).
Once again I contacted CZ USA, and same thing, a FedEx postage paid is emailed to me. For a pin???? Postage of sending them my gun is more expensive than sending me a new Roll Pin. Canik (Century Arms) sent me 2 firing pins when I told them mine broke, and then, same home signature receipt issue with FedEx as with my Omega.
Sometime, sending back a gun is a bit extreme. Does CZ always requires the firearms to fix it???
So I will get the right parts from CGW and again, move on.

« Last Edit: March 12, 2018, 05:28:29 PM by Practical Shooter »

Offline SI VIS PACEM PARRABELLUM

Re: CZ USA Warranty
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2018, 07:05:14 PM »
You should be glad CZ has such good customer service and are willing to bring the gun back at their expense honor their warranty and repair the gun which will also be sent back at no charge. Sometimes it's far better for them to repair the gun themselves than to get involved in sending parts out to people who may or may not possess the skills to make the repairs properly.
So what would be your dilemma if they sent you just the pin and you slip with your hammer and damage the slide? Would you own the mistake or complain that the defective part caused the progressively worse situation?
By the way you can request Fedex to hold your package at a local facility till you can get there to pick it up.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2018, 07:07:46 PM by SI VIS PACEM PARRABELLUM »

Offline Grendel

• Administrator
  • 'Live Long, and Prosper'
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2018, 08:12:51 PM »
Or, your diagnosis is wrong? or you bugger something else up while fixing the original problem? No way they (or any manufacturer, save perhaps HiPoint with their lifetime warranty) will guarantee a repair carried out under the original warranty, unless they do the repair themselves.
Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges - Tacitus

Inter arma enim silent leges - Cicero

I wasn't born in America, but I got here as fast as I could.

• Legio Patria Nostra
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2018, 09:25:28 PM »
I understand they have to cover themselves. But I am one of those who lives 20 miles away from a FedEx facility, so FedEx will be of no use around here. Living in the country is not always that simple. If there is noway to avoid sending the gun, perhaps we should have a choice in the shipping company.
While I got your attention, Grendel and Si Vis Pacem Parrabellum, What is the deal with the roll pin denting so easily on the SP-01? My cheaper Canik P120 has over 4500 rounds, plus many dry fires, and the roll pin almost looks like new.

Offline Tok36

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2018, 10:48:41 PM »
^^CZs ain't perfect, just bleep near perfect.  :D
Will work for CZ pics! (including but not limited to all CZ clones)

Offline Tyerone

• Saving the planet.
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2018, 11:17:05 PM »
Dude, I'd enjoy a 20 mile horse ride to fed ex if they were that close.  C'mon, man!

I imagine if you articulated your desire/competence to change out the firing pin retaining pin, they would have sent you another crappy roll pin for your installation.  You already know that the cgw or cz custom hardened pins are superior, so excellent choice!
« Last Edit: March 12, 2018, 11:19:31 PM by Tyerone »

« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2018, 11:21:41 PM »
I understand they have to cover themselves. But I am one of those who lives 20 miles away from a FedEx facility, so FedEx will be of no use around here. Living in the country is not always that simple. If there is noway to avoid sending the gun, perhaps we should have a choice in the shipping company.
While I got your attention, Grendel and Si Vis Pacem Parrabellum, What is the deal with the roll pin denting so easily on the SP-01? My cheaper Canik P120 has over 4500 rounds, plus many dry fires, and the roll pin almost looks like new.

Well to make the shipping company thing perfectly clear individuals who are not FFL holders may not receive handguns through USPS so it's either Fedex or UPS and that's a blanket statement as there are caveats to this but USPS is basically out for shipping or receiving since you are not an FFL holder.
CZ-USA uses Fedex possibly because they have an agreement with them and get a good rate or something along those lines.
So tell me again about your Canik which you have already stated broke a firing pin and Canik sent you 2??? Pretty sure if they sent you 2 firing pins it's an issue they know about so maybe the retaining pin looks good but the firing pin is the WEAK point in the Canik.
Yes CZ's of the 75 variant and P-series are known to damage the firing pin retaining pin when dry fired without snap caps or an O-ring under the hammer and yes the CGW part is a bit tougher but CGW still recommends an O-ring for dry fire practice.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2018, 11:34:34 PM by SI VIS PACEM PARRABELLUM »

• Legio Patria Nostra
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2018, 04:23:40 PM »
^^CZs ain't perfect, just bleep near perfect.  :D

That's exactly how I take it  ;)

• Legio Patria Nostra
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2018, 04:25:12 PM »
Dude, I'd enjoy a 20 mile horse ride to fed ex if they were that close.  C'mon, man!

I imagine if you articulated your desire/competence to change out the firing pin retaining pin, they would have sent you another crappy roll pin for your installation.

I agree, I should have tried harder to contact them, definitely my bad there.

• Legio Patria Nostra
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2018, 04:33:59 PM »

So tell me again about your Canik which you have already stated broke a firing pin and Canik sent you 2??? Pretty sure if they sent you 2 firing pins it's an issue they know about so maybe the retaining pin looks good but the firing pin is the WEAK point in the Canik.

2 different Caniks.
The firing pin broke on my TP9SFx, made by Canik, sticker fired polymer handgun, imported by Century Arms (Great customer service btw), who sent me 2 replacement firing pins.
My other Canik, the P120, imported by Tristar, an SP-01 clone, has had absolutely no failures of any kinds, and is the one with a "like new" roll pin. I was even thinking using it on my SP-01, but it is too thin to be of any help.

« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2018, 07:52:29 PM »

2 different Caniks.
The firing pin broke on my TP9SFx, made by Canik, sticker fired polymer handgun, imported by Century Arms (Great customer service btw), who sent me 2 replacement firing pins.
My other Canik, the P120, imported by Tristar, an SP-01 clone, has had absolutely no failures of any kinds, and is the one with a "like new" roll pin. I was even thinking using it on my SP-01, but it is too thin to be of any help.
Oh 2 different Caniks now. You didn't mention 2 in the OP. At any rate CZ has great customer service too. Send the gun  back and let them fix it. They'll look it over while it's there and make sure there are no other issues.

anything