Author Topic: Anyone still getting trigger bite after upgrading to CGW P-10 trigger?  (Read 6683 times)

Offline Craig M Arnold

Re: Anyone still getting trigger bite after upgrading to CGW P-10 trigger?
« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2018, 12:30:21 PM »
The factory P10 trigger bothered my finger slightly. I installed the HBI Gen2 trigger and it is perfect now. I highly recommend it.
Make America Great Again

Offline Indy_Tim

« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2018, 01:01:54 PM »
Among the improvements to the new US made P10s is a reshaped trigger shoe.  I wonder if it will be backwards compatible.

That said, I have no issues running either of my P10s, one with an early HBI trigger that I defanged and the other with a production CGW trigger.

Offline Walt Sherrill

« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2018, 03:10:58 PM »
I picked up a CZ P10c after my reply above, and it definitely bites my trigger finger. (That was probably WHY the gun I traded with got rid of it.)  I installed the HBI trigger and the problem went away.   Nicer trigger, now.

I still don't really understand what causes the problem -- and what can cause it with both hammer-fired and striker-fired guns.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2018, 06:31:14 PM by Walt Sherrill »

Offline dwhitehorne

« Reply #18 on: October 31, 2018, 05:02:04 PM »
Walt I think the P10C trigger complaining is different from the old 75B complaints. The only trigger sting I had with a metal CZ was the 40cal. The 85B I had was as bad as some AKs. I always thought that was from something hitting the trigger during the cycle of operation. The P10C seems to be irritation from the trigger safety being raised above the face of the trigger. In the above picture you can see Benhar sanded his down. I did the same thing and don?t have an issue. I?ve been sanding down Glock triggers for 25 years.

The HBI trigger I had was from the first batch. The pointy ends of the trigger did not agree with my finger. The blister shown above looks like someone dragging their finger along the bottom of the trigger guard. Many say they don?t ride their finger that low but under recoil it may cause irritation. The VP9 has that stupid trough along the bottom that people hit without realizing it. David
« Last Edit: October 31, 2018, 05:08:40 PM by dwhitehorne »

Offline Walt Sherrill

« Reply #19 on: October 31, 2018, 06:50:13 PM »
I really didn't think it was sharp or protruding plastic -- as I would have been quick to try sanding or filing the offending areas down.  Maybe I mis-diagnosed what was going on. and spent money I didn't need to spend.    It was a sharp stinging sensation that seemed like a vibration.

I've used Apex, API,  and now HBI triggers in various guns, and installed Ghost kits in Glocks and Rugers, and they've always been an improvement, and it has always seemed like money well spent.  (I'm now trying to decide whether I'm gong to get an Apex trigger system for one of my FNS-40s. )   

Offline briang2ad

« Reply #20 on: October 31, 2018, 08:58:37 PM »
Walt:  GREAT to hear from you again!  You are now slumming with striker guns?   8)

Offline Earl Keese

« Reply #21 on: October 31, 2018, 10:46:59 PM »
With the HBI gen2, I think I'm riding the bottom of the trigger. After a 100rds or so, I notice it though not to the point of a blister. My hands are fairly large and holding my finger even slightly higher, I'm riding the bottom of the frame and feel the opening for the trigger. I sanded the inside of the trigger guard to remove the casting line and what little bit of texture there was. I applied some wax and it's super slick now. So even though my finger slightly hangs off the edge of the trigger, it glides on the trigger guard and doesn't pinch anymore on reset. It only took maybe 5-10 minutes so I figured it was worth trying.

Offline Walt Sherrill

« Reply #22 on: November 01, 2018, 10:36:56 AM »
Quote from: briang2ad
Walt:  GREAT to hear from you again!  You are now slumming with striker guns?   8)

Seems as though you might be accusing me of being "unfaithful" to the hammer-fired CZs!!   ;D

I kind of prefer striker-fired guns, unless I'm carrying a DA/SA or SA gun that can do "cocked & locked."  I like it when the first and subsequent trigger pulls are the same, and most striker-fired guns do work that way.  (There are a few striker-fired models that let you decock (if you want to), and  start with a true first double-action trigger pull, but they're the exception, not the rule.)

The CZ P10c is a great improvement over the CZ 100. (I had two, one 9mm and one in .40, and finally gave up on them!)

I like the CZ P10c, but just haven't done much shooting since I got it.   I will give it more of a workout in the near future.   (I shoot most often at an indoor range, so Winter is not an issue.)
« Last Edit: November 02, 2018, 10:37:18 PM by Walt Sherrill »

Offline briang2ad

« Reply #23 on: November 01, 2018, 07:44:21 PM »
Quote from: briang2ad

Seems as though you might be accusing me of being "unfaithful" to the hammer-fired CZs!!   ;D

No problem brother - I can just remember learning MUCH from you about PreBs and such.  Good to see you here.  I have finally found the truth in hammer guns.... :)

Offline Walt Sherrill

« Reply #24 on: January 17, 2019, 08:05:15 PM »
Earlier (a few responses above) I wrote:

I've used Apex, API, and now HBI triggers in various guns, and installed Ghost kits in Glocks and Rugers, and they've always been an improvement, and it has always seemed like money well spent.  (I'm now trying to decide whether I'm gong to get an Apex trigger system for one of my FNS-40s. )

I've been playing with other toys recently -- including an newly acquired and upgraded  Keltec Sub2000 Gen 2 with a bunch of M*Carbo parts -- and haven't shot my upgraded P10c (with an HBI trigger kit) that much.  A day or two ago I took the P10c to the range again.

Before I installed the kit it was almost painful to shoot; afterwards it seemed fine.  Now that I've had time to shoot it some more, I've noticed that it still has some trigger bite, and while it's very minor, it is still noticeable. After a couple of magazines, I want to take a break.

Has anyone really explained what causes this strange behavior in both hammer-fired and striker-fired guns?   I haven't even seen a good guess...

Offline Rickytick

« Reply #25 on: January 17, 2019, 11:18:30 PM »
The HBI trigger solved the problem.

Offline Walt Sherrill

« Reply #26 on: January 18, 2019, 01:16:34 PM »
The HBI trigger reduced the problem with my P10c, but didn't make it totally go away.  (The first time out, I thought it had gone away, but after shooting several boxes of ammo the last time out, I noticed that it was still there -- just not nearly as bad as before.)

Offline kma!

« Reply #27 on: January 18, 2019, 04:54:55 PM »
I think the higher grip on these guns cause your finger to engage the trigger at a steeper angle, resulting in rubbing against the bottom of the guard.

My HBI trigger helps due to the shape.

Offline Walt Sherrill

« Reply #28 on: January 18, 2019, 05:52:08 PM »
Quote from: kma!
I think the higher grip on these guns cause your finger to engage the trigger at a steeper angle, resulting in rubbing against the bottom of the guard.

My HBI trigger helps due to the shape.

That doesn't explain why only SOME guns (both in the hammer-fired group and in the striker-fired group)  have the problem. 

I've had MANY CZs over the years, but never experienced trigger bite until I got a P10c.  That P10C, which I got in trade was my first experience wit the behavior, and shooting it was actually painful.  (In hindsight, I suspect that was why the guy I traded with wanted the to trade it away.)

While installing the HBI Trigger did reduce the trigger sting substantially, I now realize that it's still there, just greatly reduced.  During my last range session earlier this week, the "sting" or "bite" didn't start to make itself felt until about the fourth mag of the range session.  The more I shot the gun, the more aggravating it became.  (I don't think the sting was getting worse the longer I shot the gun; instead, I think I was becoming more aware of it's presence.  It felt as though some  vibration was stinging my trigger finger wit each shot fired.   

It seems to me that if trigger shape (and how the trigger finger presses it) was a factor more people would be having the problem. I first heard about it trigger bite 10-15 years ago,  when I was one of the moderators here on the CZ Forum.  If I'm remembering things correctly,  most of the complaints came compact decocker-equipped CZ shooters.   

I'd like to understand WHY only some guns have the problem, when the internal parts are mostly the same in most of the hammer-fired CZs. With the striker-fired CZ P10c, the internals are ALL the same. 
« Last Edit: January 18, 2019, 09:21:33 PM by Walt Sherrill »

Offline RaginCajun

« Reply #29 on: February 20, 2019, 09:23:51 AM »
Quite interesting reading all the comments here....I'm in the finger pinch club as well.

I've found with Glocks, I've experienced my finger tip getting sore but it's definitely not a pinch. Shooting Glocks it's kinda more like after the fact I can feel my finger is a bit sore/tender, I'm guessing from the interaction with the safety part of the trigger. But it definitely doesn't stop me from shooting.

But with the 10c, it was my first introduction to a finger pinch. And it is definitely a pinch! It definitely gets sore enough that it makes me stop shooting or not want to continue shooting for sure. I've tried the CGW and HBI triggers but neither of them solved the problem for me. I'm  guessing that part of my finger is getting trapped under the trigger and the trigger guard thus causing the "pinch". Would be really interesting to see what's going on with some slow motion video!

This is the first time I've experienced trigger pinch with a firearm. I really like the 10c, it's a great gun, shoots well, great ergonomics, etc but I don't enjoy shooting it due to this pinching. I'm not sure what I want to do at this point....I've thought of trying to remove some of the trigger guard to create more space but with no guarantee it would even help I don't want to ruin the resale value of the gun. Would be interesting if someone made a trigger for it that was more curved like on the p07, I'd certainly try it.

So for now I guess I'll keep watching others comments and see if I can come up with anything that helps. But it's quite frustrating to have a gun I like but don't enjoy shooting!!!   >:(