Author Topic: 2075 RAMI BD vs. Sig P365  (Read 8180 times)

Offline WVSurveyor

2075 RAMI BD vs. Sig P365
« on: March 20, 2018, 12:06:09 PM »
Anyone have experience with these two? I currently rotate CC between
my G43 and HK VP9SK. Looking for another CC weapon. The revised version
of the P365 with the xray sights is very intriguing. I really like my CZ's. Have
a SP-01 Tactical, a Scorpion carbine and a 512 .22mag. All very sweet!
That makes the Rami also very intriguing. It is 10 oz heavier and a 1/4" wider.
Just wanted some feedback from people who have handled and shot both.

Mountaineers are always free.

Offline volbagman

Re: 2075 RAMI BD vs. Sig P365
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2018, 12:18:44 PM »
I cannot speak to the sig, but I carried a Rami for about a year. IWB, 4'oclock in an Aliengear cloak tuck. Recently my back has been hurting so I parked the Rami and went back to the old reliable S&W M&P 340 in a Mika pocket holster. only 5 rounds of 357 mag, but my back sure feels better

Offline ccssid

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2018, 01:41:09 PM »
I carry my Rami aiwb at 12:30 in a kydex or owb in Desantis speed scabbard at 4:00....both very comfortable and never any issues. FWIW:  I am not a big guy, 5'8" and 155# . But I do alternate with an m&p shield which is , of course, a bit more unintrusive do to its much smaller size.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Offline mecenas

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2018, 03:01:32 PM »
I am sorry, but I can't help noticing how every response to the original inquiry thus far misses the mark.
Don't you read the post first ?
VWSurveyor is looking for the input from those who handled and shot both firearms

Offline MeatAxe

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2018, 04:14:09 PM »
I am sorry, but I can't help noticing how every response to the original inquiry thus far misses the mark.
VWSurveyor is looking for the input from those who handled and shot both firearms

Since most people here are CZ owners, and are therefore among the upper echelon of firearms owners, few have volunteered to pay several hundred dollars to be one of SIG's thousands of beta testers.

The news on the P365 is not good:

http://sigtalk.com/p250-p320-p365-p320-x-5-pistols/271490-sig-tweaking-p365-design.html

If you really want a P365 (or any other new SIG), you'd do well to wait a year or two for SIG to sort out all the bugs -- or cease production, as the case may be (e.g. the similar p250, 290, 520, etc.).

These are not your father's West German and early Exeter SIGs...
« Last Edit: March 20, 2018, 06:36:11 PM by MeatAxe »

Offline WVSurveyor

« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2018, 05:26:11 PM »
I never said I really wanted the Sig, just that it intrigued me. I wanted to see
if anyone has shot the Rami and the P365 so they could give me an honest
evaluation. Maybe they rented one at the range.
Maybe a friend has one they've tried. Many different scenarios of how
one may get their hands on one without shelling out the coin to purchase.
Sig has made some tweaks on the original design that reportedly fixed
the battery problem. I can probably get my hands on a P365 in the near
future and see how I like it. The Rami, on the other hand, is a little harder
to come by.
Mountaineers are always free.

Offline Obiwan

« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2018, 10:57:57 PM »
Since most people here are CZ owners, and are therefore among the upper echelon of firearms owners, few have volunteered to pay several hundred dollars to be one of SIG's thousands of beta testers.

I think that very much depends on the model. While I'm a CZ fan boy, I really really like my Sig P238. Can't go wrong with a mini 1911 platform. Truth be told, I'm carrying it more often than a CZ, due to the size (single-stacked .380). I got the HD model (all stainless). But while small, I think it feels heavier than a loaded PCR. I say feels since the scale says otherwise. :)

Anyway, not all Sigs are rubbish. They do make a few good ones. :)

Offline MeatAxe

« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2018, 12:04:09 AM »

I think that very much depends on the model. While I'm a CZ fan boy, I really really like my Sig P238. Can't go wrong with a mini 1911 platform. Truth be told, I'm carrying it more often than a CZ, due to the size (single-stacked .380). I got the HD model (all stainless). But while small, I think it feels heavier than a loaded PCR. I say feels since the scale says otherwise. :)

Anyway, not all Sigs are rubbish. They do make a few good ones. :)

The P238 / P938 certainly had their share of problems when they were first launched, that took a couple of years to sort out. So, Caveat Emptor, especially on new SIG models, though I've had my share of QC issues on established models in recent years as well.

Also, SIG's automatic response to their own qc and design / mfg. issues is "shooter error," which tends to rub people the wrong way.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2018, 12:05:43 AM by MeatAxe »

Offline SP01bob

« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2018, 06:44:01 PM »
For me size matters, but round count matters more. Give me RAMI, with a decocker and 14 +1 any day over the Sig.

Btw, I love my lil P 238 as well. Best lil pocket pistol, even to the point of thinking about getting a P 938. I love CZs, so there you go.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Offline nickshawn

« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2018, 12:29:55 PM »
Headed to the range with my 365 in a few minutes and will report back. Shot 50 rounds through it Tuesday with no issues. I can tell you this, it's much smaller in hand than my Rami (obviously).

Offline nickshawn

« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2018, 02:02:51 PM »

The news on the P365 is not good:

http://sigtalk.com/p250-p320-p365-p320-x-5-pistols/271490-sig-tweaking-p365-design.html

If you really want a P365 (or any other new SIG), you'd do well to wait a year or two for SIG to sort out all the bugs -- or cease production, as the case may be (e.g. the similar p250, 290, 520, etc.).

These are not your father's West German and early Exeter SIGs...

My P10c worked great right out of the box.... Oh nevermind I thought you were talking about CZ's latest flawless launch....  ::)

OP - Back on topic. Side by side the Rami dwarfs the 365, even more than what the numbers tell. I'll just do some quick bullets on my thoughts comparing the two

365 - smaller, lighter, easier to conceal. 150 rounds so far without a single issue. The X-ray sights are better. Same number of rounds with flush fit mags. Accuracy was fine for the size gun. Pointed well, recoil was manageable although as you would expect higher than the Rami

Rami - smoother shooting, the extra weight really shows here. Trigger is better in SA, again as you would expect. Rami wins in the accuracy department, but not by much.

If you said I could keep only one it would be the P365, just because it's better suited for the purpose of "deep conceal" carry. As much as the Rami is a great gun it's a chubby, heavy little joker.

There you go, my .02.

Offline nickshawn

« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2018, 02:12:47 PM »
Last 15 or so rounds at 5 yards

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline mecenas

« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2018, 04:44:59 PM »
No argument here about the size, but looking at your target at 5 yards - was your POA at 8 o"clock ?

The reason I ask is that with a point of aim at dead center, at 5 yards you should be close to X and your average POI is around 8 o'clock and that is not a very good accuracy at such a short distance.

Offline SP01bob

« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2018, 05:33:41 PM »
No argument here about the size, but looking at your target at 5 yards - was your POA at 8 o"clock ?

The reason I ask is that with a point of aim at dead center, at 5 yards you should be close to X and your average POI is around 8 o'clock and that is not a very good accuracy at such a short distance.
I see that often at the range, not the gun but the grip, trigger control, ie, the shooter.

Offline nickshawn

« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2018, 08:09:25 PM »

I see that often at the range, not the gun but the grip, trigger control, ie, the shooter.

Yep, that is all me. Still getting used to the feel, plus was switching back and forth between the 365 and my new P320X VTAC.  The low left ones were the first few ones on that target, the ones closer to the middle were me slowing down a bit and focusing on trigger pull.

A Rami target would have looked very similar  ;D