Author Topic: 2075 RAMI BD vs. Sig P365  (Read 6532 times)

Offline SP01bob

Re: 2075 RAMI BD vs. Sig P365
« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2018, 09:29:05 PM »
No argument here about the size, but looking at your target at 5 yards - was your POA at 8 o"clock ?

The reason I ask is that with a point of aim at dead center, at 5 yards you should be close to X and your average POI is around 8 o'clock and that is not a very good accuracy at such a short distance.
I see that often at the range, not the gun but the grip, trigger control, ie, the shooter.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Yep, that is all me. Still getting used to the feel, plus was switching back and forth between the 365 and my new P320X VTAC.  The low left ones were the first few ones on that target, the ones closer to the middle were me slowing down a bit and focusing on trigger pull.

A Rami target would have looked very similar  ;D
I hear ya. I've been learning and working on both my grip and trigger pull. I seem to pull left if I'm shooting fast from the draw, so I was speaking from my own experience, not to sound critical.

What was interesting about your target was the the apparent wall you set up on the right side of your target.

Offline dannyvi

« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2018, 09:39:37 PM »
Got to get me the Sig! God, cant find any where i am! Great as the Rami is, it is bulky! I appendix carry!

Offline nickshawn

« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2018, 09:56:12 PM »
Got to get me the Sig! God, cant find any where i am! Great as the Rami is, it is bulky! I appendix carry!

They are starting to pop up in lots of places. Tooleshootingsupply has one as of 15 minutes ago....

SP01bob -  ;D ;D  I was saving the right side for later  8)

Offline MeatAxe

« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2018, 01:23:42 AM »
I am sorry, but I can't help noticing how every response to the original inquiry thus far misses the mark.
Don't you read the post first ?
VWSurveyor is looking for the input from those who handled and shot both firearms

Since most people here are CZ owners, and are therefore among the upper echelon of firearms owners, few have volunteered to pay several hundred dollars to be one of SIG's thousands of beta testers.

The news on the P365 is not good:

http://sigtalk.com/p250-p320-p365-p320-x-5-pistols/271490-sig-tweaking-p365-design.html

If you really want a P365 (or any other new SIG), you'd do well to wait a year or two for SIG to sort out all the bugs -- or cease production, as the case may be (e.g. the similar p250, 290, 520, etc.).

These are not your father's West German and early Exeter SIGs...

My P10c worked great right out of the box.... Oh nevermind I thought you were talking about CZ's latest flawless launch....  ::)

OP - Back on topic. Side by side the Rami dwarfs the 365, even more than what the numbers tell. I'll just do some quick bullets on my thoughts comparing the two

365 - smaller, lighter, easier to conceal. 150 rounds so far without a single issue. The X-ray sights are better. Same number of rounds with flush fit mags. Accuracy was fine for the size gun. Pointed well, recoil was manageable although as you would expect higher than the Rami

Rami - smoother shooting, the extra weight really shows here. Trigger is better in SA, again as you would expect. Rami wins in the accuracy department, but not by much.

If you said I could keep only one it would be the P365, just because it's better suited for the purpose of "deep conceal" carry. As much as the Rami is a great gun it's a chubby, heavy little joker.

There you go, my .02.

I was never in favor of CZ's foray into the Glocktard fad, then again, I haven't heard anything about the P10 beating itself to death. Only possible discharges when dropped, same as the Sig P320. Has the P365 passed the drop test?

To each his own, I guess. Personally, I wouldn't want to rush in and pay to be the first Sig P365 beta tester on my block. If I wanted one, I'd give Sig a year or two to sort out the bugs. Then again, they've had a few models recently discontinued that they did not sort the bugs out of...there may be more bugs to rear their ugly heads on the P365 as people pile up the rounds. Then, there's the often spotty Sig USA quality control and customer service.

Of course, then there's the monumental CZ75 in all its iterations: often copied, maybe outnumbered, but never outclassed!

« Last Edit: April 07, 2018, 01:46:24 AM by MeatAxe »

Offline nickshawn

« Reply #19 on: April 11, 2018, 05:07:15 PM »

They are starting to pop up in lots of places. Tooleshootingsupply has one as of 15 minutes ago....

Not great but getting better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline dannyvi

« Reply #20 on: April 11, 2018, 11:57:32 PM »
Saw one st a gunshop but already on hold ! Cant believe how dmall the grips were and hold 10 rounds.This should be a beginning of a norm ! Still looking!

Offline SP01bob

« Reply #21 on: April 12, 2018, 12:22:10 AM »

Not great but getting better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Its funny how we do what we do. I have a habit of hitting low left on the first shot in DA, almost every time. Fixing that has become my main objective as of last weekend.

Hey in your case, you can flip the target and get twice the practice.

Offline nickshawn

« Reply #22 on: April 12, 2018, 10:24:59 AM »
 ;D ;D

I'm ahead of my time, "target conservation" is my new theme. Same number of shots but only using half the targets!

Offline TimJupiterFla

« Reply #23 on: April 23, 2018, 07:09:15 PM »
TRY BEFORE YOU BUY!!

I tried the P365 at a local range. I ran 115, 124 147 grain. It was a good shooter but rather snappy. THEN I picked up my RAMI OH!!! what a difference! The grip being a little thicker and the added weight made the next few rounds such a pleasure. I found myself getting back on target much faster.
The best comparison to the Sig 365 was my Ruger LC9s Pro. They are almost Identical in size. The Sig has just a little better reset. I have a 9 round mags for my LC9s.
I SOOooo wanted the Sig to be my next gun, but between the two I already own I didn't see the need.
So the 600 dollars I put aside for the Sig is now going for a Scorpion EVO 3 with flashcan.
Don't argue with a fool. The spectators can't tell the difference. - Charles j. Nalin

Veteran's before Refugees - Grunt Style

Offline MattyD380

« Reply #24 on: April 24, 2018, 11:05:53 AM »
There's no magic in 10 rounds.

But... give me a concealable gun that puts rounds on target effortlessly, with minimal recoil, durability and reliability... that's magic. And I doubt the P365 delivers on all those intangibles, when it comes to shooting and running the gun (though, in fairness, I've never shot a P365). The RAMI is as solid, stable and accurate as any gun I own... just a lot smaller. Even if it isn't quite as small as a P365.

Offline dannyvi

« Reply #25 on: April 24, 2018, 05:59:52 PM »
Sizewise not really much difference ,just the thickness ! Maybe CZ can make the Rami a bit thinner? I doubt if I'll get the Sig.

Offline GBUS

« Reply #26 on: April 24, 2018, 06:58:13 PM »
The G43 is as small a gun as I want in 9mm and I have no interest in the Sig even with the 4 extra rounds and I'll take the 2075 over either as I prefer metal to plastic any day.

Offline regalka

« Reply #27 on: April 26, 2018, 09:24:32 AM »
Good morning,
I've got both a SIG P365 and a Rami B. 

The 365 is the "newer" version, which supposedly, corrected the early problems the weapon became noted for.  It's well made, easy to conceal and carries the minimum (for me) number of rounds (10 in the flush fit magazine).  For the first 500-rounds, the 365 performed flawlessly.  Between rounds 500-800, the 365 had 2 failures to extract (FTE). Between 800-1600, another 2 FTE.  Between 1600-1900, another 3 FTE, for a total of 7 of the exact same problem. At that time, after speaking with the SIG customer service staff, I returned the 365 to SIG.  They replaced the recoil spring assembly, extractor, extractor spring and extractor pin.  Precisely 8-days later (a very quick turnaround), I received the 365. So far, after 200-rounds, I've had 2 FTE - same problem.  I'll give it a few hundred more rounds before again consulting with SIG...

The Rami B is only a week old with 200-rounds fired and one failure to fully return to battery.  I think that may be part of the break-in period.  I love the feel (weight, heft and grip position) of the Rami and I'm slightly more accurate with it compared to the 365.  The "felt recoil" of the Rami is noticeably less than the 365 primarily due to it being a bit heavier for the same magazine capacity (10-rounds), which I don't find objectionable at this point (may change after I carry it for a while).   

If I had to choose only one?  Can't really say.  A recurring problem with the 365 and insufficient experience with the Rami.

I hope this is helpful.  Obviously, YMMV.

Ron

Offline Erratikmind

« Reply #28 on: June 05, 2018, 06:47:19 PM »
While I am still in the vetting process with my new RAMI BD, I have been carrying my SIG P365 for the past 3 months in a Vedder LightTuck holster.

My P365 has been flawless for some 2,800 rounds. I did change the MIM striker at about 2,400 rounds to a steel striker. It has been the perfect concealed EDC for me. However, the RAMI feels better in my hands. There is also a certain comfort factor carrying in appendix position with a DA/SA firearm.

Offline dannyvi

« Reply #29 on: June 11, 2018, 03:14:57 PM »
As have been mentioned earlier,  this question was meant to be for whoever had both guns. CZ fans frequent this forum. Just wondering what the replies would be had this been asked in the Sig forum. Myself, i have 4 Ramis ! Shopping for a P356 Sig for now myself. I have handled one and looks perfect for edc! Wish it had a safety!