Author Topic: Question on DA Trigger Pull w/Decocker  (Read 1794 times)

Offline Titus66

Question on DA Trigger Pull w/Decocker
« on: March 22, 2018, 01:27:34 PM »
On a 75BD, or SP-01 Tactical, there is a slight ?bump? or ?notch? that you feel while the hammer is going back. I think I read that this has something to do with the firing pin safety block. On the CZC site, I saw where this gets ?polished out? on certain CS packages.
How much of this bump is still felt after being polished?

I?ve been shooting Sig 226 & 229?s for the last two years, and these DA pulls are totally smooth, so I?m just trying to understand if this issue causes any accuracy problems, with the DA shot, due to slight movement of the muzzle?

Offline IronicTwitch

Re: Question on DA Trigger Pull w/Decocker
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2018, 03:42:27 PM »
I believe you're asking whether you can feel the firing pin block lift during the DA (or SA for that matter) trigger pull?

If yes, short answer, yes.  No matter how much those parts are polished there will always be a block there that must be lifted to clear the firing pin.  That said, I wouldn't call it a notch or bump if it's smoothed out properly.  Just a final increase in trigger weight as those minuscule parts are moved into position during the last bit of the trigger pull.

Offline Titus66

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2018, 05:36:09 PM »
Yes, the firing pin lifting. In my mind I saw this as a possibility for unwanted movement of the muzzle, but maybe I?m just over-thinking it?

I think it?ll be fine, something that I can adjust to, especially since it only happens on the DA pull.

I have spent a lot of time shooting from DA only on our Sigs, so I don?t think it?ll be a big deal.

I?ll get a stock gun, shoot about 500 rounds thru it, and evaluate at that point, and decide if I?ll send it off to CZC, or CGW for some tuning work.

Thanks for the reply!

Offline IronicTwitch

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2018, 11:04:32 PM »
Just for clarity, the firing pin block will be lifted on every trigger pull whether DA or SA.  The only way to not have a firing pin block is to buy a shadow.

Offline benq

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2018, 12:43:46 AM »

Yes, the firing pin lifting. In my mind I saw this as a possibility for unwanted movement of the muzzle, but maybe I?m just over-thinking it?

I'd say you are over thinking it.

If just pulling the trigger to lift the firing pin block  affects accuracy, there are more fundamental gun handling issues to address first with the exception of precision bullseye matches application.

With practice, you won't know it is there. The other option to consider is CZs Shadow line.

Good luck.

Sent from my P01M using Tapatalk

Offline Titus66

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2018, 02:02:32 PM »
Thanks for the comments, I?m a chronic over-thinker, so there ya go. I ordered the SP-01 Tactical this morning from Oak Hill Guns, so we?ll see. Worst case is, it annoys me, and I send it off to be polished, to minimize it as much as possible.

Offline recoilguy

« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2018, 02:26:53 PM »
You haven't even felt it yet and you are worried about it already. I am sure you will feel it if you are already thinking about it. It is nothing that you will notice especially if you are shooting competition or some thing where you switch your focus from looking for it to shooting the gun. I am pretty darn accurate with my guns I can't imaging getting more accurate because of different gun I can see the guns performing better with a better shooter however.

I own both the SP-01 Tac and the 75 BD and I do not notice it on either gun, both have been polished and smoothed out for competing. You are getting a great handgun enjoy it.

RCG 
Its easy being a communist in a free country
What's hard is to be free in a communist country

Offline Titus66

« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2018, 05:08:30 PM »
This will be a range gun initially, and once it?s broke in, it?ll probably become our HD gun. My experience with CZ so far has been amazing, even though I?ve only shot an SP-01 Shadow, and a Scorpion. The Scorpion had a red dot, and it was quite fun to shoot, my first time with a SBR.

Offline benq

« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2018, 07:08:24 PM »

I?ve only shot an SP-01 Shadow, and a Scorpion.

Ah ha! You shot a Shadow!!! Make room in your safe for the Tactical AND Shadow.

Cajunize or CZCustomize it; Throw some Dawson or CZCustom sights on there; Dress it up with G10 grips. You'll be set!

Sent from my P01M using Tapatalk

Offline Titus66

« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2018, 09:57:09 AM »
Yeah, my very first shot with a CZ was from a Shadow...not a bad place to start! I got to know the guys at my LGS, and the one who had the Shadow offered it to me for my range session, so I took him up on the offer. Needless to say, I was very impressed! Last week I went again, and he said ?I have my Shadow with me if you want to shoot it more?, sure why not!
Great guy for offering his CZC so freely, but deep down, he knew he was slowly reeling me in!  ;D

When I told my wife I wanted one, she said ?why, what does it do that our Sigs won?t?...man, the pressure...?well, Ryan let me shoot his Shadow, and it?s AMAZING, and...

Her reply, ?#@&*! Ryan is NOT allowed to let you shoot his guns anymore?!  O0

It was quite hilarious, and she was only half serious. I know once she shoots a few mags through it, she will be sold 8)

Offline Hypo

« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2018, 07:13:54 AM »
Let her shoot a Shadow and you will be ordering a Tuned up 99041 for her carry or a PCR.

You can easily sell the Sigs for good money.