Author Topic: Every Day Carry - Streamlight ProTac2AAA  (Read 1661 times)

Offline Tyerone

• Saving the planet.
Every Day Carry - Streamlight ProTac2AAA
« on: March 22, 2018, 06:00:02 PM »
This the standard that I'll now judge any other "pocket flashlight".  2 standard AAA batteries, LED with good balance of brightness and battery longevity.  I normally squeeze this into my shirt pocket next to my phone and pen.  Comes in handy traveling to business locations (test labs, etc.) and to light up the back yard when raccoons, etc. are lurking about.

Sure there are brighter and smaller options out there, but AAA batteries are a dime a dozen so to speak and IMO this is just the right size -- could be used as a striking instrument for SD as well.

If you can think of a better 2 AAA affair let me know and I'll try it out and be pleasantly shocked if it is "better".

Offline MikeLW

Re: Every Day Carry - Streamlight ProTac2AAA
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2018, 09:15:24 PM »
I like that one. I've had great service out of my Streamlight Stylus (2 AAA). It's kinda like yours. I carry it everyday for work and handle it rough. I carry the single AAA version everyday while not at work. I wore out one and maybe lost one, so I'm on my third one and still have a new one on standby. I also have the polytac (2 CR123) and the protac (2 CR123) but they are not as easy to EDC.

Offline m1a_scoutguy

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2018, 12:34:25 PM »
Great light,I have 2 of them ! I keep one in my work coat and another I carry most places when I remember,LOL Great lights for the price and bright enough for about 99% of all situations. Good choice for sure guys !

Offline rch024

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2018, 05:22:37 PM »
This the standard that I'll now judge any other "pocket flashlight".  2 standard AAA batteries, LED with good balance of brightness and battery longevity.  I normally squeeze this into my shirt pocket next to my phone and pen.  Comes in handy traveling to business locations (test labs, etc.) and to light up the back yard when raccoons, etc. are lurking about.

Sure there are brighter and smaller options out there, but AAA batteries are a dime a dozen so to speak and IMO this is just the right size -- could be used as a striking instrument for SD as well.

If you can think of a better 2 AAA affair let me know and I'll try it out and be pleasantly shocked if it is "better".

Something I used to do with all my Stylus lights was to take the stock AAA out and replace them with an Energizer E^2 Lithium. Saw some pretty interesting tests on Candelpower Forum that showed the lights were brighter (noticeably so when you swapped out the standard batteries) but they also had a better runtime.  You'll probably get at least a few lumens extra in High. Get the lithiums in a bulk pack to save up and use the Duracells or whatever they ship with in the stuff around the house.

anything