Author Topic: CGW milled for DPP  (Read 2968 times)

Offline Tyerone

• Saving the planet.
CGW milled for DPP
« on: March 22, 2018, 10:56:51 PM »

I know.  I posted this in a low traffic forum, but this gun is becoming my favorite.  Very easy to call shots and self critique form with a 2.5MOA red dot.
 8)

Offline M1A4ME

• I've shot the rest, I now own the best - CZ
Re: CGW milled for DPP
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2018, 07:29:17 AM »
It makes your handgun much easier to shoot accurately in all conditions.

Next time you go to the range, try this.

Load five shells in the magazine and chamber the first one.

1.  Hold the handgun so the dot is towards the left side of the lens, but on the target spot you want to aim at and fire one round
2.  Hold the handgun so the dot is towards the right side of the lens, but on the target spot you want to aim at and fire one round
3.  Hold the handgun so the dot is towards the top of the lens, but on the target spot you want to aim at and fire one round
4.  Hold the handgun so the dot is towards the bottom of the lens, but on the target spot you want to aim at and fire one round
5.  Hold the handgun so the dot is centered in the lens, but on the target spot you want to aim at and fire one round

Check out your group.  Big difference between having to line up two sights and the target vs. just putting the dot on the target.

I just keep wasting time and money on other brands trying to find/make one shoot like my P07 and P09.  What is wrong with me?

Offline Vinny

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2018, 10:55:40 AM »
Really handsome looking with the DPP and those grips.  Bet it shoots sweet too!

Yeah, there's nothing like a 2.5moa dot to help you see what you're doing with grip and trigger control. Really, even dry firing against a spot on a white wall will tell you a lot.

Do you miss having Back Up irons?
"Fear is a reaction, Courage is a decision"
"Carpe Diem"

Offline Tyerone

• Saving the planet.
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2018, 11:49:03 AM »
Really handsome looking with the DPP and those grips.  Bet it shoots sweet too!

Yeah, there's nothing like a 2.5moa dot to help you see what you're doing with grip and trigger control. Really, even dry firing against a spot on a white wall will tell you a lot.

Do you miss having Back Up irons?
No, I still have my Matte Stainless, and...

The 85B is not for SD, otherwise backup irons would be advantageous.  That said, I dont think I'd put a red dot on an SD pistol at all.  All my other handgun sights are stock, may dip my toes into a fiber optic front sight for an upcoming project.  Probably for a range gun, too.  I must admit the stock FO sight on my relatively cheap SS inline muzzleloader from Knight has held up pretty nicely for about a decade.  I can't say that carry it every day, however, lol.

I immediately abandoned my first red dot sight.  It came as standard on a crossbow.  When I realized after trying it out on a hunt that the battery was dead, I bought a Nikon Crossbow Scope with cross hairs out to 60 yards.  WOW!  I normally bow hunt with an older Darton compound, shooting fingers, no peep and only 2 pins which works for me out to 33 yards.  It may be easier to shoot tight groups at ridiculous distances with a crossbow, but it is easier for me to HUNT with the Darton.  Once it breaks totally, I'm screwed since I haven't even found a compound bow that accommodates a finger shooter.  Guess I'll have to take up a recurve at that point...

Offline gotcoffee

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2018, 10:54:39 PM »
I keep debating if I want to do this. 

Offline jimrock4u

« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2018, 10:17:40 PM »
It looks good I been wanting to do this

Offline Vinny

« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2018, 10:47:27 PM »
I see more and more red dots at the weekly competitive matches.
Some jokingly call 'em race guns.  But guess who shoots the fastest and most accurate; the guys with race guns. I mean, by a wide margin.

Someday, optics on carry guns will become as common as scopes on rifles.
Yes, there's certainly a learning curve. But it's not too late for this 'ol dog to start learning.
Just Say'in.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2018, 11:13:01 PM by Vinny, Reason: typo »
"Carpe Diem"

Offline kmanick

« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2018, 01:23:34 PM »
going from my Shadow 2 to my M&P 9L performance center for my next steel challenge.
I love my shadow but the red dot is much easier for me to find on that first shot.
I need a carry optics Shadow 2................god I hope they sell those slides separately when they finally come out.
make it criminal to own a gun and only criminals will own them

Offline Vinny

« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2018, 01:39:16 PM »
going from my Shadow 2 to my M&P 9L performance center for my next steel challenge.
I love my shadow but the red dot is much easier for me to find on that first shot.
I need a carry optics Shadow 2................god I hope they sell those slides separately when they finally come out.
+1
Yeah! I saw the CZ Carry Optic Ready teaser video. Looks awesome and it sure would be great to be able to just switch slides for different purposes. I see them available for Glocks, etc. Ohh Please CZ!
"Carpe Diem"

Offline boss281

« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2018, 06:31:21 AM »
I see more and more red dots at the weekly competitive matches.
Some jokingly call 'em race guns.  But guess who shoots the fastest and most accurate; the guys with race guns. I mean, by a wide margin.

Someday, optics on carry guns will become as common as scopes on rifles.
Yes, there's certainly a learning curve. But it's not too late for this 'ol dog to start learning.
Just Say'in.
Purdy build!

You are right, there is a learning curve. While very competent on my SD and competition ARs, my first RD on the P-01 was a bit tricky to master, plus the bleep thing died on me after a couple boxes of ammo. I went back to fiber optic irons and yellow tinted prescription eyewear. That said I am ordering a milled slide package with a hardier Vortex Venom on the spare slide for my  SP-01T. Still chasing solutions for old nearsighted eyes but I am close.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Scorpion Evo S1 Carbine and Pistol, 75BD, SP-01 Tactical CGW Pro Kit, P-01 CGW Defensive Carry Kit, P-07, P-09

Offline Black Wolf

« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2018, 04:34:31 PM »
Wow, that came out really nice.  I had considered my P01, as a dot host, but didn't think it would look right.  Man, was I wrong. Nice piece.

Offline Tyerone

• Saving the planet.
« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2018, 07:11:11 PM »
I love it.  It is a full size 85B however, just for perspective.  I debated doing this with the PCR, because of lost love in favor of carrying the Rami for SD.  Figured that the red dot would totally make sight radius a moot point for it as a range gun.  I figured that since the PCR was my only CZ decocker, maybe one of the kids would prefer it for SD some day, so I gave it some love with some basic parts, bushing and grips.  I decided on the 85B rather than my favorite Matte Stainless for fear of mucking it up.  Now I have 2 favorites!

Logical?