Author Topic: Spring package DIY for a PCR  (Read 1999 times)

Offline Maverick986

Spring package DIY for a PCR
« on: March 29, 2018, 12:48:01 PM »
is there an inexpensive spring package for a stock PCR   DIY?

Offline Tyerone

• Saving the planet.
Re: Spring package DIY for a PCR
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2018, 02:53:48 PM »
CGW 3 Spring Kit!  (Hammer Spring, Firing Pin Spring and Firing Pin Block Spring).  Get the hardened firing pin retaining pin while you are at it.  Keep the recoil spring stock unless brass is trickling out or flying out to the next county.

I've used their 3 spring kit on my PCR and one for a Full Size with the stock firing pin and shot a variety of ammo all of which goes bang and dents the primer nicely.  Some will recommend going with extended firing pin for 'guaranteed' primer ignition.  Shoot it until you are confident everything is working fine.

Offline Maverick986

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2018, 04:33:33 PM »
thanks.............

Offline whynot

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2018, 11:04:47 PM »
Just installed the 3 spring kit on my PCR but haven?t managed to go shoot it yet.... however I can say the DA trigger pull has definitely been reduced
No time like the present...

Offline RaksCity

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2018, 11:26:31 PM »
CGW 3 Spring Kit!  (Hammer Spring, Firing Pin Spring and Firing Pin Block Spring).  Get the hardened firing pin retaining pin while you are at it.  Keep the recoil spring stock unless brass is trickling out or flying out to the next county.

I've used their 3 spring kit on my PCR and one for a Full Size with the stock firing pin and shot a variety of ammo all of which goes bang and dents the primer nicely.  Some will recommend going with extended firing pin for 'guaranteed' primer ignition.  Shoot it until you are confident everything is working fine.
What's the part # for the firing pin retaining pin? I'm about to order what you suggested. Thanks!

Offline Peacetilence

• CZ 75B, PCR, 97BD and Scorpion EVO3. Fun :)
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2018, 05:03:00 PM »

What's the part # for the firing pin retaining pin? I'm about to order what you suggested. Thanks!

https://cajungunworks.com/product/61100-tempered-spring-steel-firing-pin-retaining-pin/

Just to trow this out, the SRS-1 pack comes w/ everything mentioned plus the short reset lifter. I installed it plus the floating trigger pin and reduced power trigger spring in my cold war 75B w/ great results (wanted to keep the spur hammer and trigger shoe.)

Edit: Note that installing the floating pin/trigger spring/lifter requires separating the sear cage from the frame -- moderate task in a 75B, PITA in a 75BD (like the PCR.)
« Last Edit: April 03, 2018, 05:10:07 PM by Peacetilence »

Offline RaksCity

« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2018, 07:34:01 PM »

https://cajungunworks.com/product/61100-tempered-spring-steel-firing-pin-retaining-pin/

Just to trow this out, the SRS-1 pack comes w/ everything mentioned plus the short reset lifter. I installed it plus the floating trigger pin and reduced power trigger spring in my cold war 75B w/ great results (wanted to keep the spur hammer and trigger shoe.)

Edit: Note that installing the floating pin/trigger spring/lifter requires separating the sear cage from the frame -- moderate task in a 75B, PITA in a 75BD (like the PCR.)
Thanks for the good info!

Offline Maverick986

« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2018, 02:24:17 PM »
Thanks for info

anything