Author Topic: Looking to pickup a CZ PCR-concerned about weight and thickness for EDC  (Read 2320 times)

Offline utu82

Re: Looking to pickup a CZ PCR-concerned about weight and thickness for EDC
« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2018, 07:57:56 PM »
I use a PCR as my main carry.  For me, it is the perfect balance.  Not the lightest, highest round count, or the thinnest.  However, it carries great for me and shoots very well for me.   Bottom line, I feel comfortable (confident) when it is on my waist.   I have a nice belt and use a Crossbreed Supertuck.

Offline GBUS

« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2018, 08:23:14 PM »
Stopped by my LGS a couple times last week and found they had a RAMI come in. The gun felt really nice in the hand and would certainly make a good size EDC for me.
Had I not just bought a P07 the day before I'd likely have taken it home. As it was I had to control the impulse to buy it on the spot.
Good chance it will still be there on my next visit as CZ's don't sell as fast around here as some others do. I'll head over again this week and see if I still have any self control at that point.

Offline PappaWheelie

• "This is war, and in war, time is of the essence."
    • The Children's Bread
« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2018, 02:35:45 PM »
The Rami is a fine pistol but much too short in the grip for me.

Agree, SI VIS PACEM PARRABELLUM, that proper belt and holster are the keys.
Have you experienced the extended magazine (14+1) version of the RAMI? http://www.czfirearms.us/index.php?topic=93502.msg716495#msg716495 I've not gripped any pistol, including (best-in-class) CZ models, that felt as natural. I think the PCR is sexier-looking, but nothing feels as natural, or conceals 15 rounds, as well as the RAMI BD imho. I'm willing to live with its "deliberately-like-1911" (CZ40) provenance / appearance to enjoy its lighter weight, reduced thickness, and night sights. It is CZ's most concealable offering, and in a class by itself in the marketplace.  Check out the PappaWheelie Invisible 15 Round RAMI Holster if you haven't. http://www.czforum.com/forum/index.php?topic=5480.msg23100#msg23100
http://www.defensereview.com/cz-2075-rami-big-gun-performance-in-a-sub-compact-dasa-9mm-40-sw-pistol/ Not sayin, Just sayin...
« Last Edit: April 03, 2018, 02:38:42 PM by PappaWheelie »
Member, Gun Owners of America
CC: CZ 2075 RAMI BD in PappaWheelie Invisible 15 Round RAMI Holster
Homeboy: CZ 97 BD, Underwood 45 Super 120 Grain Xtreme Defender ammo
UBG: CZ 75 SP-01 Tactical Urban Grey Suppressor-ready
-all w/ CGW Short Reset Kit/1485-T2 Disco, 5 "Thick" Trigger, polished SA tooth

Offline SI VIS PACEM PARRABELLUM

« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2018, 03:27:36 PM »
The Rami is a fine pistol but much too short in the grip for me.

Agree, SI VIS PACEM PARRABELLUM, that proper belt and holster are the keys.
Have you experienced the extended magazine (14+1) version of the RAMI? http://www.czfirearms.us/index.php?topic=93502.msg716495#msg716495 I've not gripped any pistol, including (best-in-class) CZ models, that felt as natural. I think the PCR is sexier-looking, but nothing feels as natural, or conceals 15 rounds, as well as the RAMI BD imho. I'm willing to live with its "deliberately-like-1911" (CZ40) provenance / appearance to enjoy its lighter weight, reduced thickness, and night sights. It is CZ's most concealable offering, and in a class by itself in the marketplace.  Check out the PappaWheelie Invisible 15 Round RAMI Holster if you haven't. http://www.czforum.com/forum/index.php?topic=5480.msg23100#msg23100
http://www.defensereview.com/cz-2075-rami-big-gun-performance-in-a-sub-compact-dasa-9mm-40-sw-pistol/ Not sayin, Just sayin...

I've handled a couple Rami's over the years and they just don't feel right in my hand,PCR is far and away better. I wouldn't bother with an extended mag in a Rami for the same reason I wouldn't have one in an officers model 1911,defeats the purpose of the shorter grip and makes it the same as a full size so I'd just a well carry the bigger gun. The holster is fine for kydex and iwb guys but I'm neither.
PCR is my choice hands down in my pancake style owb leather.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2018, 03:31:23 PM by SI VIS PACEM PARRABELLUM »

Offline Maverick986

« Reply #19 on: April 03, 2018, 03:35:11 PM »
Thanks to all for the great advice................................ 8)

Offline GMSPCR

« Reply #20 on: April 03, 2018, 06:14:24 PM »
Thanks to all for the great advice................................ 8)

My EDC was a Glock 19 until I bought my PCR. I don’t own the Glock anymore as I found it never left the safe after my PCR purchase.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Roger H

« Reply #21 on: April 11, 2018, 11:53:20 PM »
What is a good price for a new in box PCR these days?  My local shop has one for $540 out the door. 

Offline delphidoc

• Larry
« Reply #22 on: April 12, 2018, 01:25:41 AM »
What is a good price for a new in box PCR these days?  My local shop has one for $540 out the door.

I'd jump on that in a heartbeat.
When the knock on the door said “Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms,” naturally I thought it was a delivery…

Offline BCC

« Reply #23 on: April 12, 2018, 02:50:01 AM »

Buy it !!!!! Seems to be a low end of going rate to me.
PCR
Glock 43

Offline GBUS

« Reply #24 on: April 12, 2018, 05:23:50 PM »

I'd pay that in a heartbeat, will be a cold day in hell before I even see one at my LGS.

Offline Roger H

« Reply #25 on: April 12, 2018, 07:10:04 PM »
I was super surprised to see not just a PCR, but a 75 compact with the rail(steel version of the P-01).  I'm heading to get it after work Friday. 

Offline GBUS

« Reply #26 on: April 12, 2018, 09:01:24 PM »
I was super surprised to see not just a PCR, but a 75 compact with the rail(steel version of the P-01).  I'm heading to get it after work Friday.

I'd buy em both.  Layaway is your friend ;)

Offline PappaWheelie

• "This is war, and in war, time is of the essence."
    • The Children's Bread
« Reply #27 on: April 13, 2018, 03:05:19 PM »
OK good CZ-buddy SI VIS PACEM PARRABELLUM, regarding "I wouldn't bother with an extended mag in a Rami for the same reason I wouldn't have one in an officers model 1911, defeats the purpose of the shorter grip and makes it the same as a full size so I'd just as well carry the bigger gun."

Firstly, w/r/t grip comfort ("I've handled a couple Rami's over the years and they just don't feel right in my hand, PCR is far and away better."):
I've learned there's no accounting for other people's personal taste, and nobody's hands are the same.  The CZ 75D PCR Compact is actually similar, in terms of grip comfort, to the (extended magazine) CZ 2075 RAMI : I have handled both and personally like the RAMI's more "ovalled" grip section (which is actually more like a 1911 than the CZ 75 series, by design*) better as compared with the PCR's longer, somewhat more rectangular cross-section, but again, personal taste...

*http://www.czfirearms.us/index.php?topic=5466.0

BUT: the concealabilty of a 2.93" barrel length does not objectively compare, in context of the new PappaWheelie Invisible 15 Round RAMI Holster, with an OWB anything, including the excellent CZ 75D PCR Compact.

Again, I'll be first to admit the PCR is a sexier-looking piece, having the traditional CZ chamfer sculpting all the way around the trigger guard area: the RAMI suffers from its CZ40B provenance, which per the above link included a mandate of "external similarity" to the 1911, so the trademark CZ sculpted chamfer around the trigger guard lost out in the compliance effort.

On this (concealability) note, though; your observation "defeats the purpose of the shorter grip and makes it the same as a full size so I'd just as well carry the bigger gun" (and again in context of the groundbreaking PappaWheelie Invisible 15 Round RAMI Holster), seems to conflate grip length with barrel length. The RAMI's Subcompact barrel length allows it to be "buried" beneath one's belt in the uniquely available abdominal triangle, while the "forward-hooking" rear end of the RAMI's grip extends horizontally (for the most part), nearly parallel to the belt and thus only adds perhaps 2.5mm of vertical rise, so is in no way comparable to barrel length differences.

I invite you to look more closely at the uniquely invisible (because almost entirely below the belt while on the flat, between hip bones abdominal face) packaging of the PappaWheelie Invisible 15 Round RAMI Holster: for tucked shirt tidyness, security, capacity, and quick draw availability there's nothing close out there to the best of my knowledge. I'm open to being taught otherwise!

CZ's RULE!
« Last Edit: April 13, 2018, 03:39:32 PM by PappaWheelie »
Member, Gun Owners of America
CC: CZ 2075 RAMI BD in PappaWheelie Invisible 15 Round RAMI Holster
Homeboy: CZ 97 BD, Underwood 45 Super 120 Grain Xtreme Defender ammo
UBG: CZ 75 SP-01 Tactical Urban Grey Suppressor-ready
-all w/ CGW Short Reset Kit/1485-T2 Disco, 5 "Thick" Trigger, polished SA tooth

Offline SI VIS PACEM PARRABELLUM

« Reply #28 on: April 13, 2018, 06:42:46 PM »
OK good CZ-buddy SI VIS PACEM PARRABELLUM, regarding "I wouldn't bother with an extended mag in a Rami for the same reason I wouldn't have one in an officers model 1911, defeats the purpose of the shorter grip and makes it the same as a full size so I'd just as well carry the bigger gun."

Firstly, w/r/t grip comfort ("I've handled a couple Rami's over the years and they just don't feel right in my hand, PCR is far and away better."):
I've learned there's no accounting for other people's personal taste, and nobody's hands are the same.  The CZ 75D PCR Compact is actually similar, in terms of grip comfort, to the (extended magazine) CZ 2075 RAMI : I have handled both and personally like the RAMI's more "ovalled" grip section (which is actually more like a 1911 than the CZ 75 series, by design*) better as compared with the PCR's longer, somewhat more rectangular cross-section, but again, personal taste...

*http://www.czfirearms.us/index.php?topic=5466.0

BUT: the concealabilty of a 2.93" barrel length does not objectively compare, in context of the new PappaWheelie Invisible 15 Round RAMI Holster, with an OWB anything, including the excellent CZ 75D PCR Compact.

Again, I'll be first to admit the PCR is a sexier-looking piece, having the traditional CZ chamfer sculpting all the way around the trigger guard area: the RAMI suffers from its CZ40B provenance, which per the above link included a mandate of "external similarity" to the 1911, so the trademark CZ sculpted chamfer around the trigger guard lost out in the compliance effort.

On this (concealability) note, though; your observation "defeats the purpose of the shorter grip and makes it the same as a full size so I'd just as well carry the bigger gun" (and again in context of the groundbreaking PappaWheelie Invisible 15 Round RAMI Holster), seems to conflate grip length with barrel length. The RAMI's Subcompact barrel length allows it to be "buried" beneath one's belt in the uniquely available abdominal triangle, while the "forward-hooking" rear end of the RAMI's grip extends horizontally (for the most part), nearly parallel to the belt and thus only adds perhaps 2.5mm of vertical rise, so is in no way comparable to barrel length differences.

I invite you to look more closely at the uniquely invisible (because almost entirely below the belt while on the flat, between hip bones abdominal face) packaging of the PappaWheelie Invisible 15 Round RAMI Holster: for tucked shirt tidyness, security, capacity, and quick draw availability there's nothing close out there to the best of my knowledge. I'm open to being taught otherwise!

CZ's RULE!

You waste a whole lot of keyboard time trying to convince me of something that I will never change my mind about. Not interested in a RAMI and NEVER will be interested in ANY IWB style carry. OWB on my right hip is the most comfortable for me and I'm more concerned with how quickly I can have my PCR in hand than how well it hides.

Offline Struckat

« Reply #29 on: April 14, 2018, 10:13:13 PM »
I usually carry full size, my PCR is my small lightweight option.

anything