Author Topic: Battleworn Cerakote?  (Read 7964 times)

Offline arizonapaul

Re: Battleworn Cerakote?
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2018, 09:23:07 AM »
I like the look myself. Here's  my black/white combat finish

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Offline Crossfaced

« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2018, 03:10:02 PM »
Doesn?t bother me in the least...to each their own.

Offline SI VIS PACEM PARRABELLUM

« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2018, 06:52:44 PM »
Yea to each his own but they don't have even the remotest battle worn look. They look more like guns that some one started refinishing and took a break from.

Offline Goju

« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2018, 06:49:27 PM »
Worn from use is awesome. But as a fashion statement...screams urban hipster BBQ.

Offline fflmike

• Retired but FFL
    • Greenlawn Sports
« Reply #19 on: April 19, 2018, 05:47:50 AM »
Worn from use is awesome. But as a fashion statement...screams urban hipster BBQ.
Now that's funny.
I remember when "Common Sense" was common.  I must really be old!

Offline Boriqua

• Boriqua Leather
« Reply #20 on: April 19, 2018, 06:32:21 AM »
I wouldn't pay to have it done to any of my guns and I probably wouldnt buy one with that treatment but .. some of the renditions are kind of neat in a cosplay way. I have seen some that are horrible but others I like. Not enough to do it but more like ... "oh that's really nice .. on him."

Offline fflmike

• Retired but FFL
    • Greenlawn Sports
« Reply #21 on: April 19, 2018, 06:39:17 AM »
I wouldn't pay to have it done to any of my guns and I probably wouldnt buy one with that treatment but .. some of the renditions are kind of neat in a cosplay way. I have seen some that are horrible but others I like. Not enough to do it but more like ... "oh that's really nice .. on him."
If someone likes it, that's cool. Just not for me. Like I said earlier, I'm not gonna buy jeans with holes or guns that look worn out.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2018, 08:16:43 PM by fflmike »

Offline OldGringo

« Reply #22 on: April 19, 2018, 09:41:27 PM »
Given how less durable Cerakote finishes are compared to hard anodized (and I say this as a happy owner of FDE AR), Just take the money you'd spend on a "professionally distressed" finish and spend it on a carbine class or two and you'll get a "battleworn" look and gain some proficiency with your AR in the process.

I don't mind the look of honest wear on a firearm. Of course to me, that's totally different than having idiot marks...

Offline fflmike

• Retired but FFL
    • Greenlawn Sports
« Reply #23 on: April 24, 2018, 08:13:22 PM »
I just saw an ad on Texas Guntrader and had to laugh:
"Glock 19 with Battleworn Cerakoting.  Like new in box."  Kind of an oxymoron, LOL

Offline Goju

« Reply #24 on: April 29, 2018, 06:27:10 PM »
Isn?t that the whole point of it? Paying a bit for the bad ass operator look without having to spend more money and time for real training. Saves on the cost of cleaning / maintence supplies too.

Offline recoilguy

« Reply #25 on: May 01, 2018, 11:28:32 AM »
So if I had a "battle worn " finish on one of my guns...... because I personally liked the look.
you guys would assume I don't use my gun and am a hipster? or that I'm just trying to look badass without actually earning your respect?

That's messed up in my book.

So I buy a lets say a Suzuki 800 and paint it black with white flames say I even outline the flames on red, and ride it everywhere, it's not really a custom bike so I shouldn't have a custom paint job on it? I beg to differ. Making what is mine the way I like it is an awesome thing not having to ask or care what others think first is what makes being an individual so fun. But then I normally try to find the thing Ilike about other guys stuff as opposed to what I think their motives are.

RCG

Its easy being a communist in a free country
What's hard is to be free in a communist country

Offline six

« Reply #26 on: May 01, 2018, 12:14:09 PM »
'Battleworn' is earned, not bought.

Of course, not everyone went through Ranger School or BUDS and jumped out of planes or roped down from helicopters. So for some, 'battleworn' would rather be the 'daily service' the pistol went through being prepared for the owner or the 'hard training' at the range.

But not bought.

This right here.

At first, it drove me crazy when I started getting holster wear and scratches in the cerakote of my USPSA guns.  After a while, people kept telling me how cool the "character marks" looked, and I eventually got over it.

Offline SlvrDragon50

« Reply #27 on: May 01, 2018, 12:35:54 PM »
You do see the battleworn cerakote pictures being posted right? You can create patterns that do not come naturally.  Who says you have to layer the colors to look "worn". You can layer two completely different colors like hot pink and neon yellow if you really wanted to. Battleworn is the PATTERN. I don't get why it upsets people so much to have a pattern applied to their firearm much like geocam or kryptek. You really think applying geocam to your handgun makes a difference? People get so offended by battleworn pattern as if it's stealing valor.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2018, 12:38:03 PM by SlvrDragon50 »

Offline fflmike

• Retired but FFL
    • Greenlawn Sports
« Reply #28 on: May 01, 2018, 12:45:50 PM »
You do see the battleworn cerakote pictures being posted right? You can create patterns that do not come naturally.  Who says you have to layer the colors to look "worn". You can layer two completely different colors like hot pink and neon yellow if you really wanted to. Battleworn is the PATTERN. I don't get why it upsets people so much to have a pattern applied to their firearm much like geocam or kryptek. You really think applying geocam to your handgun makes a difference? People get so offended by battleworn pattern as if it's stealing valor.
I'm not saying it's good or bad. To each his own. People buy jeans with holes every day. I'm just saying I will not buy jeans with holes or guns with battle work cerakote. Just my humble opinion and nothing more. 

Offline recoilguy

« Reply #29 on: May 01, 2018, 03:15:45 PM »
I like the look myself. Here's  my black/white combat finish

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

This is an awesome looking handgun weather or not the owner jumped out of a plane or walked through a desert.

it's not like battleworn Cerokote is someone buying a uniform and medals and putting it on and going to a memrial day parade......it the finish of a machine they own.

RCG
Its easy being a communist in a free country
What's hard is to be free in a communist country

anything