Author Topic: Anyone tried iTarget Pro laser trainer?  (Read 10778 times)

Offline Sidecar2

Re: Anyone tried iTarget Pro laser trainer?
« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2018, 06:02:39 PM »
Yes, I bought an iTarget Pro because they sponsor the Dan Bongino podcast -- a good man, fighting the good fight. He's got an NRATV show too.

The iTarget system is pretty cool. It's a pain with single action autos (.45 ACP, etc) because you have to pull the hammer back after each "shot" and striker autos because you have to jack the slide after every "shot" to cock the striker, but the laser round stays in the chamber and is not ejected, so it's easy enough.

Now with my CZ 75 D PCR Compact (sku 91194) and its double action hammer cocking either from all the way down or from half cock (after decocking), it's a whole nother experience.

I must admit that I didn't like the DA/SA action much (too much difference between the initial pull and subsequent pulls) but have come around to understanding this may be the safest way to carry one in the chamber and not have a stinking slide safety like my 1911's. That hard pull is an advantage.

I'm sure you heard of the FBI agent who recently did a backflip dancing/showing off in a bar, had his pistol fall out of its holster, and as he picked it up by the trigger guard it went off, wounding a bystander. That would be very difficult if the trigger took 9.5 lbs of double action oomph to make it go bang.

Anyway, the iTarget is a great way for me to get used to this DA/SA trigger pull. I purchased laser rounds for .45 ACP, 9mm, .380 ACP and 5.56mm.

I purchased the iTarget system with its plastic "sled" that holds your phone and points it at the included target.

Fairly expensive training tool, but good.

I also can use the iTarget system to familiarize visitors with safely holding and "shooting" a gun if they've not fired one before.

If we open a quarrel between past and present, we shall find that we have lost the future. -- Winston Churchill

Offline mountainrider

• The Catasstrophy; so many contenders!
« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2018, 05:47:45 PM »
My set up is a full size silhouette target, a 5 ft tall walmart tripod that came with a clamp for your phone, a Taryag laser cartridge and the Itarget Pro app. I have the Quick Draw add on as well. I run it mostly with my P365 but also my P-01. I average 100 rounds a day over 4 25 round sessions utilizing seated, varied cover clothing, jogging on the treadmill, behind cover, spin draw fire, one hand...yadayada
It's fun!

Although I once owned a couple, I don't really have a SIGnature.

Offline jmck

« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2018, 10:19:26 PM »
I might look at getting a Itarget in the new year. For the price of a few boxes of ammo, they seem good value

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Offline Mercs

Anyone tried iTarget Pro laser trainer?
« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2018, 10:49:27 AM »
My set up is a full size silhouette target, a 5 ft tall walmart tripod that came with a clamp for your phone, a Taryag laser cartridge and the Itarget Pro app. I have the Quick Draw add on as well. I run it mostly with my P365 but also my P-01. I average 100 rounds a day over 4 25 round sessions utilizing seated, varied cover clothing, jogging on the treadmill, behind cover, spin draw fire, one hand...yadayada
It's fun!

That is awesome, I copied your idea and ordered a tripod for mine just now. I also noticed Amazon has a laser cartridge from MantisX for only 29.99 so I ordered one to replace my now failing iTarget one. I would like to get the MantisX rail module also to combine with my iTarget training regimen. Maybe Ill put that on my Christmas list lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline jmck

« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2018, 05:30:45 AM »
It's fun!

That is awesome, I copied your idea and ordered a tripod for mine just now. I also noticed Amazon has a laser cartridge from MantisX for only 29.99 so I ordered one to replace my now failing iTarget one. I would like to get the MantisX rail module also to combine with my iTarget training regimen. Maybe Ill put that on my Christmas list lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Great idea to combine the 2.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Offline Mousitch

« Reply #20 on: December 08, 2018, 11:37:35 AM »
It's fun!

Do you have a link for the tripod and can you show how you set this up? Im trying to picture it in my head but cannot.

Offline Sacred-Avenger

« Reply #21 on: December 17, 2018, 10:57:41 PM »
Following... I?m hoping Santa will bring me one of these! If so I will be needing to review the stands shown in here.

Offline mountainrider

• The Catasstrophy; so many contenders!
« Reply #22 on: December 19, 2018, 11:59:00 AM »
Do you have a link for the tripod and can you show how you set this up? Im trying to picture it in my head but cannot.
[/quote]

Here is the tripod. A bargain at $30.00 including the phone mount.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Onn-66-Inch-Tripod-For-Cameras-Camcorders-More/564756214

I set up the phone about 3 feet from the wall from which the silhouette target is hung. However, the app allows you to size the target to accommodate any reasonable distance.

I paid $5.00 for Itarget quick draw on the Play Store and the basic app was free.

I'm using a "Taryag" brand laser cartridge I bought on Ebay. I am happy with the product and highly recommend the seller.
Although I once owned a couple, I don't really have a SIGnature.

Offline jberke

« Reply #23 on: January 30, 2019, 01:21:06 AM »
Looks like a nice practice tool.
Really interesting.