Author Topic: Sig P365  (Read 30337 times)

Offline Earl Keese

Re: Sig P365
« Reply #180 on: August 24, 2018, 09:23:32 PM »
Inletman, what distance are you shooting your 365 and how far left are your groups?

Now, I am gripping gun tighter with support hand....had one really good day a couple wks ago, but now seems I no longer hitting left, but misses are high!!. Shooting at 8 yds. Maybe you and Vinny have some thoughts. Many thanks
When you say misses, how big are your groups, and how big are your targets(aim point)?
 Are you shooting slow fire for groups, or training for self defense?

Offline inletman

6" bulls eye target
« Reply #181 on: August 24, 2018, 10:59:51 PM »
groups ....not counting slightly high misses - about 4"

guess I am doing a little of both- if not going well, slow down...otherwise shoot faster for self defense training.

Offline Earl Keese

« Reply #182 on: August 24, 2018, 11:05:43 PM »
4" groups from this gun aren't bad. I would be focused on SD training. From a draw, strong hand, weak hand etc.

Offline inletman

Re: Sig P365 Failure
« Reply #183 on: August 25, 2018, 06:27:39 PM »
I'm sure Sig will sort out the issues with these new models. I find it a shame though that with today's technology NO ONE seems to be able to bring a new design/product  to market without issue. The end user should not be the final test of the products reliability. That should be established before the product gets out the door.
Got my Fedex pre-paid Return Label within hours of my clear explanation email to CS. Not my first Rodeo there.
I wouldn't be surprised if the issue is with a part they outsource like a spring, pin, or connector being out-of-spec. Q.C. of outsourced parts is as important if not more important than in-house manufacturing.

Anyhow; it shoots great and there's nothing else that small with 10+1 or 12+1; so I'm willing to work with Sig to get it right.  I'll update my post after it comes back and I've got at least 500 down-pipe.

well, after 1200 rounds my P365 manufactured May 17, 2018 failed at range today....wouldn't eject fired cartridge....must have happened 7 or 8 times. Sounds like ejector is failing??
Vinny, sounds like you have special contact at Sig, as you mention getting pre paid FedEx label after your "clear explanation e mail to CS". Would you be willing to share with me best way to contact Sig to get the gun back to them - it would be much appreciated.

Offline SI VIS PACEM PARRABELLUM

« Reply #184 on: August 25, 2018, 07:09:19 PM »
I'm sure Sig will sort out the issues with these new models. I find it a shame though that with today's technology NO ONE seems to be able to bring a new design/product  to market without issue. The end user should not be the final test of the products reliability. That should be established before the product gets out the door.
Got my Fedex pre-paid Return Label within hours of my clear explanation email to CS. Not my first Rodeo there.
I wouldn't be surprised if the issue is with a part they outsource like a spring, pin, or connector being out-of-spec. Q.C. of outsourced parts is as important if not more important than in-house manufacturing.

Anyhow; it shoots great and there's nothing else that small with 10+1 or 12+1; so I'm willing to work with Sig to get it right.  I'll update my post after it comes back and I've got at least 500 down-pipe.

well, after 1200 rounds my P365 manufactured May 17, 2018 failed at range today....wouldn't eject fired cartridge....must have happened 7 or 8 times. Sounds like ejector is failing??
Vinny, sounds like you have special contact at Sig, as you mention getting pre paid FedEx label after your "clear explanation e mail to CS". Would you be willing to share with me best way to contact Sig to get the gun back to them - it would be much appreciated.

Just call SIG customer service on Monday and explain the issue. They will take your info and email you a prepaid shipping label. Sadly this has become the norm with many newly issued models.

Offline Vinny

« Reply #185 on: August 25, 2018, 10:51:27 PM »

Just call SIG customer service on Monday and explain the issue. They will take your info and email you a prepaid shipping label. Sadly this has become the norm with many newly issued models.
Yes. Si Vis Pacem Parrabellum has suggested the correct approach.
SIG CS may ask a few questions first to determine what you've tried before just returning. Like, is the breach face and under the ejector clean and free of debris? Does ejector feel loose like a spring or pin is missing or out of place?? They will help you get it resolved.  -Vinny
« Last Edit: August 26, 2018, 03:55:59 AM by Vinny, Reason: typo »
"Fear is a reaction, Courage is a decision"
"Carpe Diem"

Offline dannyvi

« Reply #186 on: August 27, 2018, 02:31:08 AM »
Just love it! Carrying it more than my Rami!

Offline Pauly3dotcom

« Reply #187 on: August 28, 2018, 12:51:04 PM »
Love mine and even more now with the Gray Guns laser-sculpted grip module!

[/URL]

[/URL]

Offline Vinny

« Reply #188 on: August 28, 2018, 08:08:59 PM »

SIG CS may ask a few questions first to determine what you've tried before just returning. Like, is the breach face and under the ejector clean and free of debris? Does ejector feel loose like a spring or pin is missing or out of place?? They will help you get it resolved.  -Vinny
Inletman,
Wondering how you made out getting this issue resolved??
"Fear is a reaction, Courage is a decision"
"Carpe Diem"

Offline Craig M Arnold

« Reply #189 on: August 28, 2018, 09:24:59 PM »

[/URL]

[/URL]

Wow, that is really sharp looking. The price seems pretty reasonable too. I guess a lot of P365 owners agree because the grips are out of stock.  :(

I guess that I need to just keep working on qualifying my P365. It currently has 650 rounds with no failures since being returned from SIG with the new style striker. I want to get to 1,500 rounds before I start carrying it. 

Best regards.
Make America Great Again

Offline Pauly3dotcom

« Reply #190 on: August 28, 2018, 09:29:25 PM »

Wow, that is really sharp looking. The price seems pretty reasonable too. I guess a lot of P365 owners agree because the grips are out of stock.  :(

I guess that I need to just keep working on qualifying my P365. It currently has 650 rounds with no failures since being returned from SIG with the new style striker. I want to get to 1,500 rounds before I start carrying it. 

Best regards.

Thanks!  I was able to catch one on launch date via the Gray Guns site.  They went quickly I heard.  I rarely score the launch date stuff but I got lucky on this one!  I love it and the change out was super duper easy!

Offline inletman

« Reply #191 on: August 29, 2018, 10:05:47 PM »

Inletman,
Wondering how you made out getting this issue resolved??
Got label rt away, and gun should be at Sig now...thanks

Offline Shawrco

« Reply #192 on: August 30, 2018, 03:23:23 PM »

[/URL]

[/URL]
Got a new P365 today, mfg date 18 Aug 2018. Hopefully I won't have any of the early problems these have had. Cool grip module... do you send it in to be modified, or I guess they sell t outright. I now see below they are not in stock.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Offline Pauly3dotcom

« Reply #193 on: August 30, 2018, 03:36:47 PM »
Correct they sell outright for 90 something to your door! 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Delong31

« Reply #194 on: September 14, 2018, 12:41:07 AM »
Now if Grayguns would release their straight trigger for it, it?d be cherry.