Author Topic: Sig P365  (Read 8446 times)

Online bababoris

Re: Sig P365
« Reply #150 on: July 17, 2018, 12:59:07 PM »
Updated pic of cartridges shot by Joe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Vinny

« Reply #151 on: July 17, 2018, 03:57:07 PM »
Thanks for the post. Much clearer and properly sized so we can read ok.

Yes, as other posts have indicated, primer drag is typical on ALL small striker guns. However, JMO these do appear a bit deep but I'm no expert. Remember, if the striker isn't hitting hard, the risk is the primer doesn't ignite. I've not heard of anyone with issues of failure to feed, fire or eject when using good ammo.

As each month goes by and higher round counts start to develop a pattern; I believe SIG will get a better handle on what's normal and more importantly how to determine if/when striker or other parts should be replaced.

Or, we could just follow Erratikmind's lead and upgrade to a Lightening Strike steel striker if we're worried about it.

Anyhow, it is encouraging to start hearing from some folks that have many rounds with no issues.
I'm getting more and more confident that this will be a really great pistol; and mine is certainly a keeper.  -Vinny

"Without Fear, there can be no Courage"
"Carpe Diem"

Offline inletman

« Reply #152 on: July 17, 2018, 08:51:09 PM »
Thanks for the post. Much clearer and properly sized so we can read ok.

Yes, as other posts have indicated, primer drag is typical on ALL small striker guns. However, JMO these do appear a bit deep but I'm no expert. Remember, if the striker isn't hitting hard, the risk is the primer doesn't ignite. I've not heard of anyone with issues of failure to feed, fire or eject when using good ammo.

As each month goes by and higher round counts start to develop a pattern; I believe SIG will get a better handle on what's normal and more importantly how to determine if/when striker or other parts should be replaced.

Have shot 600 rounds thru my P365 without one hitch

Or, we could just follow Erratikmind's lead and upgrade to a Lightening Strike steel striker if we're worried about it.

Anyhow, it is encouraging to start hearing from some folks that have many rounds with no issues.
I'm getting more and more confident that this will be a really great pistol; and mine is certainly a keeper.  -Vinny

Offline inletman

« Reply #153 on: July 21, 2018, 07:11:04 PM »
shot another flawless 50 rounds thru my 365 today.

when wiping down magazines, I noticed a small sort of shiny spot (that is likely normal) on one of the narrow sides of the mag about a third of way down from top on the side...It felt slightly rough - almost indented, but maybe that is too strong a word. It is on a 10 round mag, and I shoot the 12 round mag much more, and it has nothing like this. For instance today, I shot first 10 rounds with the 10 rd mag, and the other 40 with the 12 round mag.

Any thoughts or worries? Have another 10 rd. mag I could use, but that would not tell me what the spot I described is.

Online bababoris

« Reply #154 on: July 25, 2018, 08:31:51 PM »
Updated photos from Joe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline inletman

« Reply #155 on: July 25, 2018, 09:32:14 PM »
Vinny and all others..what do you think of these pics...not so pretty I think. Fired 50 flawless rounds again today, and these are from that session.....700 rounds thru the gun...thanks for more experienced opinions

Offline Vinny

« Reply #156 on: July 25, 2018, 11:38:34 PM »
Vinny and all others..what do you think of these pics...not so pretty I think. Fired 50 flawless rounds again today, and these are from that session.....700 rounds thru the gun...thanks for more experienced opinions
Inletman,
You've shot 700 flawless rounds already.
As I stated above:
"As each month goes by and higher round counts start to develop a pattern; I believe SIG will get a better handle on what's normal and more importantly how to determine if/when striker or other parts should be replaced."

It won't hurt to contact SIG CS again for any possible update. Of course they're not going to fix a gun that's working perfectly; but to see if there's any way now that they can tell if 'maybe' it's not right. You know they'll probably say to call them 'if and when' you ever have a problem.  ::)

"Or, we could just follow Erratikmind's lead and upgrade to a Lightening Strike steel striker if we're worried about it."

I'm up to 1,500 flawless rounds since getting it back from SIG. I just ordered a kydex holster from Vedder.
As far as I'm concerned it's ready for Prime Time! I may even start shooting it in local IDPA CCP or BUG.  It's such an easy gun to shoot well.  A few of my shooting buddies tried mine yesterday. I had to wipe the drool off the gun afterwords. LOL   JMO  -  YMMV

« Last Edit: July 26, 2018, 03:07:59 AM by Vinny »
"Carpe Diem"

Offline inletman

« Reply #157 on: July 26, 2018, 08:48:02 PM »
Inletman,
You've shot 700 flawless rounds already.
As I stated above:
"As each month goes by and higher round counts start to develop a pattern; I believe SIG will get a better handle on what's normal and more importantly how to determine if/when striker or other parts should be replaced."

It won't hurt to contact SIG CS again for any possible update. Of course they're not going to fix a gun that's working perfectly; but to see if there's any way now that they can tell if 'maybe' it's not right. You know they'll probably say to call them 'if and when' you ever have a problem.  ::)

"Or, we could just follow Erratikmind's lead and upgrade to a Lightening Strike steel striker if we're worried about it."

I'm up to 1,500 flawless rounds since getting it back from SIG. I just ordered a kydex holster from Vedder.
As far as I'm concerned it's ready for Prime Time! I may even start shooting it in local IDPA CCP or BUG.  It's such an easy gun to shoot well.  A few of my shooting buddies tried mine yesterday. I had to wipe the drool off the gun afterwords. LOL   JMO  -  YMMV

Called Sig today....told them gun shooting fine, but 3 of 5 spent cartridges I stuck in my pocket had a swipe all the way to edge of cartridge. Rep said - no worries...that was normal in small guns and not a problem.
 BTW- I got Ultimate Light Kydex holster from High Noon Holsters, and I love it. Fits just right, conceals great, and I can wear it all day with no problem.
Thanks again for sharing your experience with a pretty new shooter (11mos.)

Offline Craig M Arnold

« Reply #158 on: July 27, 2018, 09:11:28 PM »
Update on my SIG P365 broken striker tip.

I got my pistol back yesterday 7/26/18. Which means SIG had it right at one month. The paperwork states that only the striker was replaced. I believe that to be true. No other parts were replaced as far as I can tell. I got back my original barrel, recoil spring and slide. The slide does however appear to have been milled out a bit at the front of the striker channel. The new striker looks like the updated version.

I took the P365 to the range today. I only had time to put 150 rounds through it. 100 rounds of my 115gr. FMJ reloads and 50 rounds of S&B 124gr FMJ new ammo. They all fired flawlessly. I looked at every struck primer and they all had some striker drag on them. However, I don't think they are too severer because none go near to touching the case.

I've attached a picture of the new striker, some spent brass and the striker channel. Although I doubt that anyone will be able to see the milling that I can see. Sorry for my poor photography.

Here's the new striker.

Here's the shells that I shot out of my 12 round mag.

Here's my attempt at showing the milling to the front of the striker channel.

I intend to keep shooting this pistol until I get 1400 or so FMJ rounds through it without a failure. Then I'll put 100 rounds of Speer Gold Dots through it. If all is good, the SIG will replace my Kahr CM9 as my deep carry pistol. I do really like shooting the P365. It really does provide the capacity that I am looking for in a deep carry pistol. I just hope it proves to be reliable. We shall see.

Best regards.

« Last Edit: July 27, 2018, 09:16:02 PM by Craig M Arnold »
Make America Great Again

Offline Vinny

« Reply #159 on: July 27, 2018, 09:35:45 PM »
Thanks Craig for the update.

The images are very helpful, especially the image of 'updated' striker. I wonder what the actual difference is? Maybe they made the tip shorter, which would explain why they seemed to have bored your slide??   I dunno but would love to know!

And those striker swipes actually look very normal, about the same as my Glock 17 (the only other striker I own to compare).

SIG replaced my entire slide assembly; hopefully with the updates they did on yours.

Anyhow, I'm up to 1500 flawless rounds since getting mine back from SIG.

It's all good.
"Carpe Diem"

Offline inletman

« Reply #160 on: August 10, 2018, 09:10:35 PM »
2 things..

1. Have now shot 1100 rounds without a problem

2. But, not shooting the P365 so well....especially today. misses mainly high or high and left. Have been shooting P0 1 and Walther PPQ quite well, so not sure what's up. I know smaller guns are harder to be accurate with, but the 365 is being shot accurately by many. Does any one have any tips on this....more or less finger on trigger for instance??. Plan this to be my edc, but need to shoot it better.

Offline Vinny

« Reply #161 on: August 10, 2018, 09:34:48 PM »
If you're comparing the single-action P-01 trigger or the PPQ trigger to the P365; it's apples and oranges.

How well do you shoot the DA 1st round of the P-01?
I'll bet when you can shoot that really well, your P365 will shoot even better.

My P365 trigger measures around 6lbs.
Frankly; I wouldn't want anything lighter in my pocket! But I'm coming from double-action revolvers and DAO pocket guns so the Sig 365 shoots like a dream and the sights are nice.  JMO   YMMV

"Carpe Diem"

Offline Vinny

« Reply #162 on: August 12, 2018, 05:19:45 PM »
Up to 1,750 flawless rounds now since getting it fixed by SIG.
I've been using the 12 round mags stuffed to capacity (it gets easier as the mag wears in) and one in the chamber. I do slam my mags in very firmly. But with a wide variety of FMJ's and JHP's absolutely NO feed, fire, or eject issues. Period.

I also discovered it fits the same Desantis Superfly pocket holster that I use for my Sig 290rs.(that also fits a Kahr PM9). Amazing they're almost the same size guns but 4 more rounds in the P365.  I guess it's time to put the 290rs's on backup duty.  ;D

I may even retire one of my P290's and get another P365. Just Say'in, I like it that much.  YMMV  -Vinny
"Carpe Diem"

Offline Earl Keese

« Reply #163 on: August 12, 2018, 10:05:15 PM »
My brother in law asked me to put some rounds through his 365 as he doesn't make it to the range very often. Being the selfless family man that I am, I agreed to help him out. He bought it back in April and has had some feed issues.
 I noticed when operating the slide, it requires a pretty high effort and the front of the barrel hood hangs up on the slide. Is this normal?

Offline Vinny

« Reply #164 on: August 12, 2018, 10:32:54 PM »
My brother in law asked me to put some rounds through his 365 as he doesn't make it to the range very often. Being the selfless family man that I am, I agreed to help him out. He bought it back in April and has had some feed issues.
 I noticed when operating the slide, it requires a pretty high effort and the front of the barrel hood hangs up on the slide. Is this normal?
Earl, Something doesn't sound right. Maybe something out of tolerance or just rubbing preventing proper cycling and feed? SIG shipped them with some type of anti-corrosion oil; but the instructions say to initially thoroughly clean it and properly lube as it's not really a proper lubricant. Do you know if your BIL did this??

Could the recoil spring be out of proper position?? Early trigger bar springs were known to be faulty and if there's a visible bare metal scar on the upper portion of magazine; that's a tell-tale sign.

Mine was produced April 21st. I sent it back to SIG for a disconnected trigger bar spring after only 65 rounds; and they went ahead and replaced that; AND the entire upper slide with striker too. It's been flawless 1,750 rounds since.

If it's been cleaned and lubed properly and something is interfering with smooth slide cycling, I'd field strip to see if anything's obviously wrong or out of place (maybe you don't want to mess with someone else's gun?) otherwise he can contact SIG and they'll issue a Fedex label for return; go over it and make it right.

JMO 
« Last Edit: August 12, 2018, 11:06:26 PM by Vinny »
"Carpe Diem"