Author Topic: cz 82 magazines.  (Read 25704 times)

Offline BeoBill

Re: cz 82 magazines.
« Reply #30 on: January 28, 2019, 03:35:26 PM »
I just got the 10 rd mag from J&G, and it looks legit. The packaging says CZ-USA (MAG CZ 83 .380 10 RD; Product 11301), and the mag drops free as it should. No visible seams on the sides like the knockoffs.

If the snow ever melts here I'll take it to the range and report back.

Just got back from the range. I put 50 rounds of steel case through and it ran flawlessly. The mag will hold 9 rounds 9x18 Mak. BTW. I just ordered another.   

Offline thekirb

« Reply #31 on: January 31, 2019, 05:22:14 PM »
Hello all, this is my first time posting, I just purchased a CZ82 "chipped grip" from J&G last week, and was pleasantly surprised at the quality of the gun. I wanted to get a few more magazines.

I found and ordered 3 from jesticearms.com. They were only 15.95 each. All 3 that I received had the crossed swords, and were in great shape.

Hers's a link - http://jesticearms.com/CZ-82-83-Mag-9x18-Makarov-380-CZ82-13rd-Magazine?search=cz82

Offline eastman

« Reply #32 on: February 03, 2019, 05:38:00 PM »
I bought one of the mags from Classic Firearms. It is definitely not a real CZ-UB mag (new or surplus).

Whoever is making / importing the bogus "cz mfg" magazines needs a serious kick in the nads.  O0

tried the "cz mfg" mag at the range today. Three times it had a fail to feed on the last round and only locked the slide back on empty once in 5 mag loads. Good thing I had one of the real vz 82 (crossed swords) surplus magazines with me. This is one of my carry pistols, and the "cz mfg" is junk, I doubt it will even get used as a range mag.
I don't look like my avatar!

Offline thekirb

« Reply #33 on: February 03, 2019, 08:03:12 PM »
As a follow-up from my post the other day, I took the authentic crossed sword mags that I purchased through jesticearms.com to the range yesterday. All worked perfectly! Get um while you can ... $15.95 each.

Offline Czechbikr

« Reply #34 on: February 08, 2019, 01:46:56 PM »
As a follow-up from my post the other day, I took the authentic crossed sword mags that I purchased through jesticearms.com to the range yesterday. All worked perfectly! Get um while you can ... $15.95 each.

I am glad that they run well for you.  Those do have the indentation on the bottom that the two extra that I bought from Centerfire Systems have, while the one that was in the pistol was solid, flush to the bottom plate.  I did have to tune the feed lips on those to tighten them up.  I was out yesterday with my CZ 83 and they ran much better after tweaking them.  I also changed up the reloads using an Xtreme RNFP bullet which is loaded a bit shorter than the prior RN FMJ that I was having FTF with, so I am not entirely sure if it was the feed lip tightening ..the ammo...or both.

I just placed an order for two, supposedly new OEM magazines from CDNN at 46.97 net delivered.  I'll let you know how they run when I get them and get out to the range. 

https://www.cdnnsports.com/cz-82-83-380-acp-9x18-mak-12rd-new-factory-mag.html#.XF3OjzBKiiR

Offline BeoBill

« Reply #35 on: February 09, 2019, 09:30:09 PM »
Those look like the junky ones. If you enlarge the image you can see the seam. Please do let us know.

Offline eastman

« Reply #36 on: February 09, 2019, 09:37:46 PM »

I am glad that they run well for you.  Those do have the indentation on the bottom that the two extra that I bought from Centerfire Systems have, while the one that was in the pistol was solid, flush to the bottom plate.  I did have to tune the feed lips on those to tighten them up.  I was out yesterday with my CZ 83 and they ran much better after tweaking them.  I also changed up the reloads using an Xtreme RNFP bullet which is loaded a bit shorter than the prior RN FMJ that I was having FTF with, so I am not entirely sure if it was the feed lip tightening ..the ammo...or both.

I just placed an order for two, supposedly new OEM magazines from CDNN at 46.97 net delivered.  I'll let you know how they run when I get them and get out to the range. 

https://www.cdnnsports.com/cz-82-83-380-acp-9x18-mak-12rd-new-factory-mag.html#.XF3OjzBKiiR

with the visible front seam in the CDNN pictures, I'm fairly certain those are not real CZ-UB magazines, but instead are the "cz mfg" crap. They (CDNN) claimed the "cz mfg" mags for the vz 52 were "factory CZ" when in reality they are 4th rate garbage.

Rock-it3

« Reply #37 on: February 09, 2019, 10:19:22 PM »
I bought one of the mags from Classic Firearms. It is definitely not a real CZ-UB mag (new or surplus).

Whoever is making / importing the bogus "cz mfg" magazines needs a serious kick in the nads.  O0

tried the "cz mfg" mag at the range today. Three times it had a fail to feed on the last round and only locked the slide back on empty once in 5 mag loads. Good thing I had one of the real vz 82 (crossed swords) surplus magazines with me. This is one of my carry pistols, and the "cz mfg" is junk, I doubt it will even get used as a range mag.

I finally got to shoot my 82 today. I have 2 crossed swords mags, and one mfg CZ. The crossed swords were flawless through three times each. The mfg CZ had on failure each full mag. Once in the middle of the mag, which was cleared with just a whack on the bottom of the grip. The other time was the last round, which ended up pointing straight up, jammed between the slide and the feed ramp. I had to lock the slide back and drop the mag to clear. I may decide to toss that mag in the scrap bin.

Offline eastman

« Reply #38 on: February 10, 2019, 11:42:23 AM »

I finally got to shoot my 82 today. I have 2 crossed swords mags, and one mfg CZ. The crossed swords were flawless through three times each. The mfg CZ had on failure each full mag. Once in the middle of the mag, which was cleared with just a whack on the bottom of the grip. The other time was the last round, which ended up pointing straight up, jammed between the slide and the feed ramp. I had to lock the slide back and drop the mag to clear. I may decide to toss that mag in the scrap bin.

I will probably conduct "mad science" experiments on mine.  O0

Offline Czechbikr

« Reply #39 on: February 11, 2019, 01:52:22 PM »

with the visible front seam in the CDNN pictures, I'm fairly certain those are not real CZ-UB magazines, but instead are the "cz mfg" crap. They (CDNN) claimed the "cz mfg" mags for the vz 52 were "factory CZ" when in reality they are 4th rate garbage.

I just received them in the mail today and yes, you are absolutely correct.  They are CZ Mfg. like the two crummy mags that I got from Centerfire Systems when I bought the pistol.  I have contact CDNN for return, I won't even try them.  I measured the lip gap and it is .350...should be not more than .340 IIRC.  It will be interesting how they handle the return...I see they want to charge 15% and I pay the postage.  I may photograph the packaging and forward t it to CZ-USA.  they may be interested in knowing how a distributor is selling knock off accessories. 

UPDATE:  They sent a pre-paid FedEX label for me to return...need to wait to see what is credited, but no talk of a re-stocking fee.  I ordered two of the "surplus" mags from the supplier above and hope that they are in good shape. 
« Last Edit: February 11, 2019, 04:43:36 PM by Czechbikr »

Offline BeoBill

« Reply #40 on: February 18, 2019, 04:04:04 PM »
I'm glad to hear you had a good outcome so far, and that there are reputable retailers out there. Please keep us posted.

Offline Czechbikr

« Reply #41 on: February 26, 2019, 05:27:57 PM »
I'm glad to hear you had a good outcome so far, and that there are reputable retailers out there. Please keep us posted.

They credited out the price I paid for the magazines in full, along with the paid return postage.  They didn't credit my original shipping paid, but the credited amount paid for the two mags from Jestice Arms which work great!

Offline Metal Wonder Nine Guy

« Reply #42 on: March 02, 2019, 04:21:46 PM »
If you folks are still looking for 82/83 mags, Aim has them back in stock with a mag pouch too for 17.95.

https://aimsurplus.com/original-surplus-czech-cz82-83-12rd-magazine-with-pouch

Offline dtomp

« Reply #43 on: March 06, 2019, 05:56:47 PM »
Best deal right now is $17. from AIM surplus. Factory mags and they come in leather pouch. Just got 4, great deal.

Offline Czechbikr

« Reply #44 on: March 07, 2019, 04:48:07 PM »
Best deal right now is $17. from AIM surplus. Factory mags and they come in leather pouch. Just got 4, great deal.

Yep...I just broke down and bought two.  It's a bit overkill as I had five mags already, but the combination of price and the mag pouch made me bite.  I'll probably never carry the CZ 83, but the mag holders will come in handy for other guns. 

anything