Author Topic: Night Fision Sights coming June P-07, P-09, P-10C  (Read 32868 times)

Offline m1a_scoutguy

Re: Night Fision Sights coming June P-07, P-09, P-10C
« Reply #195 on: December 07, 2018, 12:54:57 AM »
They did show up today (Thursday) so we are good ! They toss in a little swag so that's cool ! I should get them installed before the weekend so will be nice to see how POI is compared to my Dawsons that are on my 07. When I get it all done I'll get some pic's and post up a range report !

Offline calypsocoral

« Reply #196 on: December 08, 2018, 12:26:25 AM »
So, to you guys who installed them-- how well do they work in dim light?

I'm starting to lean on my P-09 in .40 as my Home Defense weapon (I live in an apartment building, and have judged my AR and my Mossberg 835 as too much risk of collateral damage), and I want a good set of night sights that perform well in dim-to-dark lighting conditions.

The review videos I've seen so far are hit-and-miss-- some reviewers say they work very well, others say they are not bright enough. I'd be interested to hear what you guys have to say.

Offline m1a_scoutguy

« Reply #197 on: December 08, 2018, 01:10:09 AM »
So, to you guys who installed them-- how well do they work in dim light?

I'm starting to lean on my P-09 in .40 as my Home Defense weapon (I live in an apartment building, and have judged my AR and my Mossberg 835 as too much risk of collateral damage), and I want a good set of night sights that perform well in dim-to-dark lighting conditions.

The review videos I've seen so far are hit-and-miss-- some reviewers say they work very well, others say they are not bright enough. I'd be interested to hear what you guys have to say.

I have not installed them yet. I got my front sight off my 07 yesterday and will push out the rear on Saturday sometime and install the NF sights. If all goes well I will get to the range Sunday AM. Its a private range and we have a great indoor setup so I can turn lights off/on as I desire so I should get a good feel for them. I'll bring multiple types of bullet weights and ammo types and figure out POA/POI with each and pick the best one for this setup ! I'll try my best for Sunday but if I can't make it I'll report back as soon as I can.  :)

Offline dallasb

« Reply #198 on: December 09, 2018, 09:08:59 AM »
Purchased a set for my P07. I emailed them after ordering to see what the lead time was. With the black Friday and cyber Monday deal they were running a little behind. I received my sights about a week after order, which to me is a very reasonable time especially with the sudden influx of orders. When comparing to my set of trijicon HDs, they look almost identical in both night and day visibility. I still need to install the rear sight but when I do I'll get a few pictures comparing the night sight capabilities (pix added). The trijicon HD are on the left, NF on the right, I had to take the front sight off center to keep from getting a glare but I think you guys get the idea. Overall, I have been very impressed with the quality and customer service.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: December 09, 2018, 10:16:12 AM by dallasb »

Offline m1a_scoutguy

« Reply #199 on: December 09, 2018, 08:25:50 PM »
Good post ! I only have the front installed at the moment just didn't get around to installing the rear. I guess I just got nervous & a tad impatient but they really showed up in a decent amount of time. I ended up getting 20% off with a coupon code so it was a decent deal, I was NOT impressed with the $10 dollar shipping but that's the way it goes I guess, LOL Overall my thoughts on "Night" Sights are so-so,,,tritium will NEVER replace a good flashlight but they do have their pluses ! I liked the construction and the design of the rear which really lends itself to racking the slide on your belt/boot/door jam etc! A good quality set of sights that seem like they will hold up well ! I will get them installed completely very soon and head to the range & will post my thoughts and results.

Offline Indy_Tim

« Reply #200 on: December 09, 2018, 08:36:53 PM »
I've ordered 3 sets so far.  One for a P10C, the second for a P07 and the third for a P10S (when it finally is available).  I've been impressed from the beginning with these.  They are at least as bright as any other night sights I have and may be a tad brighter.  Other night sights I've used are Trijicon HDs, Ameriglo Spartan Operators and the basic Trijicon on my other CZs.  I've been very happy with these and they compare well to the others.  The bright front ring is easy for 55 year old eyes to pick up quickly and they hit POA.

Offline m1a_scoutguy

« Reply #201 on: December 10, 2018, 12:57:13 AM »
I've ordered 3 sets so far.  One for a P10C, the second for a P07 and the third for a P10S (when it finally is available).  I've been impressed from the beginning with these.  They are at least as bright as any other night sights I have and maybe a tad brighter.  Other night sights I've used are Trijicon HDs, Ameriglo Spartan Operators and the basic Trijicon on my other CZs.  I've been very happy with these and they compare well to the others.  The bright front ring is easy for 55-year-old eyes to pick up quickly and they hit POA.

Yes, very good front sight ! I purchased the orange and WOW it is very nice/bright! I did get the rear installed tonight and it went well with 0 fitting or sanding. I was just in my gun room and the front stood out very nicely, I will be looking forward to getting outside with the 07 along with shooting in low light, it should be a nice improvement.

Offline calypsocoral

« Reply #202 on: December 11, 2018, 01:18:17 AM »
Purchased a set for my P07. I emailed them after ordering to see what the lead time was. With the black Friday and cyber Monday deal they were running a little behind. I received my sights about a week after order, which to me is a very reasonable time especially with the sudden influx of orders. When comparing to my set of trijicon HDs, they look almost identical in both night and day visibility. I still need to install the rear sight but when I do I'll get a few pictures comparing the night sight capabilities (pix added). The trijicon HD are on the left, NF on the right, I had to take the front sight off center to keep from getting a glare but I think you guys get the idea. Overall, I have been very impressed with the quality and customer service.

Thanks for the input!

Offline calypsocoral

« Reply #203 on: December 11, 2018, 01:21:35 AM »
I've ordered 3 sets so far.  One for a P10C, the second for a P07 and the third for a P10S (when it finally is available).  I've been impressed from the beginning with these.  They are at least as bright as any other night sights I have and maybe a tad brighter.  Other night sights I've used are Trijicon HDs, Ameriglo Spartan Operators and the basic Trijicon on my other CZs.  I've been very happy with these and they compare well to the others.  The bright front ring is easy for 55-year-old eyes to pick up quickly and they hit POA.

Yes, very good front sight ! I purchased the orange and WOW it is very nice/bright! I did get the rear installed tonight and it went well with 0 fitting or sanding. I was just in my gun room and the front stood out very nicely, I will be looking forward to getting outside with the 07 along with shooting in low light, it should be a nice improvement.

I know I asked a question about the brightness of the Tritium, but, in retrospect, I should have solicited more information on the visibility of the front sight in low light conditions, as I live in an apartment complex across from a business plaza with bright street lights, so LOW light visibility is actually more relevant to my needs than DARK visibility, now that I think about it.

I've been considering getting a set with the Yellow ring front. I'm not that old, but my eyes are horrendous.

Offline dallasb

« Reply #204 on: December 11, 2018, 06:12:18 AM »
I know I asked a question about the brightness of the Tritium, but, in retrospect, I should have solicited more information on the visibility of the front sight in low light conditions, as I live in an apartment complex across from a business plaza with bright street lights, so LOW light visibility is actually more relevant to my needs than DARK visibility, now that I think about it.

I've been considering getting a set with the Yellow ring front. I'm not that old, but my eyes are horrendous.
I'll try and get u a pick in low light soon.

Edit: Pic 1 is with very low light. Basically a light was on and I walked around a wall to the other side. Pic 2 is a little bit more where the light was behind me when I took the pic.

« Last Edit: October 23, 2022, 08:20:35 AM by Wobbly »

Offline s0nspark

• Administrator
  • System Admin
« Reply #205 on: December 11, 2018, 08:25:26 AM »

Same here ... I actually ended up switching back to a white front ring.

I found that while the bright colors are somewhat helpful in daylight, white is the most visible in low light. With the colored fronts I found a "gap" between where I could still pick up the sight ring in low light and where I could pick up the tritium... 
"A man's character is his fate."

Offline jhc37013

« Reply #206 on: October 23, 2022, 03:02:10 AM »
So 4yrs later to those that still have your Night Fision how is the tritium holding up compared to when you first got them, still as bright, less bright or about the same? Also for those that carry how well is the finish holding up on the sights?

I'm curious because I found the Perfect Dots on sale for $75 so I just ordered a set for my P10C and I wouldn't be surprised if the sights I receive might have sat around a few years, possibly. Thanks
« Last Edit: October 23, 2022, 08:21:46 AM by Wobbly, Reason: Mods edited for size »

Offline Claymore504

« Reply #207 on: October 25, 2022, 09:29:47 AM »
I put Night Fision sights on my Gen 1 M&P Shield 9mm years ago and on my wife's M&P M2.0 5 inch FDE 9mm. I got her that gun right when the M2.0 came out and I put those sights on it the next year. They are still very bright. I have a P226 that got new Six XRay sights installed last year and the Night Fisions are very slightly brighter.

I will work on getting some pictures on here if you would like.

Offline jhc37013

« Reply #208 on: October 30, 2022, 09:26:25 AM »
I put Night Fision sights on my Gen 1 M&P Shield 9mm years ago and on my wife's M&P M2.0 5 inch FDE 9mm. I got her that gun right when the M2.0 came out and I put those sights on it the next year. They are still very bright. I have a P226 that got new Six XRay sights installed last year and the Night Fisions are very slightly brighter.

I will work on getting some pictures on here if you would like.
Thanks for the info I received my Night Fision sights and yep they are bright, brighter than my one year old Trijicon HDs and Ameriglo Bolds, the dots are bigger to. Not just bright but the tritium tubes are bigger. It seems those domes really do work.

I think my set was made during the Perfect Dot/ Glow Dome transition, all my dots have a dome that sticks out just a little so it has to be the Glow Domes right? I thought I read the Glow Dome front sight will charge with a flashlight like Trijicon HD's however my yellow ring does not charge. Fine with me it's like I got a slightly upgraded Perfect Dot set, after seeing how well they glow not a bad surprise at all for $75

The front sight slid right in with zero force which worried me for a minute and then I thought oh ok Night Fision doesn't want people breaking the dome if you need to take the front sight back off.

If that front sight was tight inside the dovetail and with the dome sticking out like it does it would be possible but would be very very tricky to remove that sight without destroying the dome especially with such a short sight blade no where to put a punch except over the dome so why not just let the screw do all the work it works for Glock and others.

The rear sight was a bear to install and I'm not bragging but I'm good with installing sights either with a brass puch with hammer or usually my sight pushers depending on the gun. I've never had to remove material off a sight to install but let me tell you I should have with this rear sight but I didn't. I was able to finally get it on without any nicks or dings but it took a long time and patience, a few years ago and I would have completely damaged the rear sight.

Just some advice if you get these sights and the rear will not easily slide in about half way then take it out and use a metal file to remove just a little finish off the bottom of sight. I've always been told that but never had to do it I got these installed about half way then realized this is going to be tough but I did not back it out and remove material but I didn't. I definitely should have knocked the rear back out when it was nearly stuck at halfway and removed material then re-installed.

After finally finally getting the rear where I wanted it I looked at the set screw laying on my table and had to laugh out loud but I tightened it down anyway, they have to be the most secure rear sight in the history of handguns on this planet.