Author Topic: Considering a Red Dot, How Do I Start?  (Read 4798 times)

Offline MFI

Re: Considering a Red Dot, How Do I Start?
« Reply #30 on: May 17, 2019, 03:41:28 PM »
Anything better? I don't want to mill the slide.

Offline MFI

Offline adrian

« Reply #32 on: May 20, 2019, 07:04:47 PM »
     Hiya MFI and see you are still in the seeking phase. I'd imagine that following some completion shooting events could net an opportunity to shoot your or another platform to see if its right for you. Perhaps a local range has a rental to test out?. Only reason I suggest is because having owned a Cmate and added a c-more to a shadow,it didn't work out for me,and its not a big deal to return back to what worked fine in the first place, but would have been nicer without the price tags involved and the loss of resale value. As long as you can see a front sight you are in business,I might consider it again when I cannot. Be well.

Offline MFI

« Reply #33 on: May 22, 2019, 07:25:09 AM »
My problem is I can see the front sight with 2.0 glasses but the target is now blurry. I'll see if the range has a rental but in CT there arent any competitions to go to.

Offline s0nspark

• Administrator
  • System Admin
« Reply #34 on: May 22, 2019, 07:47:40 AM »
Anything better? I don't want to mill the slide.

What gun?

My first several red dot guns were milled but I have become more of a fan of the optic-ready options.
"A man's character is his fate."

Offline C-Zed Head

« Reply #35 on: September 09, 2019, 04:25:22 PM »
 I am getting my P10c back from Jagerwerks after work today 8)(might have to leave a little early) i am putting a green Holosun 507c on it. lots of C's. i'll post pics
ok you look at front sight, target, rear sight, target, front sight or go front sight, blur, blur.
 it is faster to do dot on target. as far as finding the dot in the window at the gun store and not liking it it is one of those things like getting a your first dot on a rifle and moving away from irons, it takes time. And not having a repeatable cheek weld... takes time with a pistol. dry fire for a month and its programmed in pretty well. if you practice, it will be easy, and you only have to focus on target. the dot is right there and its not a back and forth with eyes focusing. even if you sport 20/15 vision the dot is king over irons once you can present it consistently. Again practice practice practice