Author Topic: First time gun and CZ owner  (Read 4215 times)

Offline Gary1911A1

Re: First time gun and CZ owner
« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2018, 10:07:05 AM »
If this is your first firearm, after getting eye and ear protection and some instruction I recommend you consider this: http://cz-usa.com/product/cz-75-kadet-adapter-ii-22-lr-adj-sights-10-rd-mags-will-fit-omega-system/

Offline JoshuaMorgani

« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2018, 02:19:06 PM »
If this is your first firearm, after getting eye and ear protection and some instruction I recommend you consider this: http://cz-usa.com/product/cz-75-kadet-adapter-ii-22-lr-adj-sights-10-rd-mags-will-fit-omega-system/

This is the first firearm I've owned but I grew up around guns, had a very technical instructor in my Marine father. Regardless, a .22 conversion is definitely in my future considerations, thank you for the link, I hadn't actually tracked it down yet!

Offline Mastodon

« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2018, 03:53:29 PM »
I would shoot several hundreds rounds or so before getting trigger work.  Get the feel for the firearm. Get familiar with it completely, inside and out. Get to know each other downrange for a bit.
Who knows, you may come to like the trigger. And it will smooth out over time.

I would certainly shoot it stock for awhile, for kicks.  My .02

Enjoy your new pistol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Chartered in 1845 by The Republic of Texas

Offline JoshuaMorgani

« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2018, 06:24:55 PM »
I would shoot several hundreds rounds or so before getting trigger work.  Get the feel for the firearm. Get familiar with it completely, inside and out. Get to know each other downrange for a bit.
Who knows, you may come to like the trigger. And it will smooth out over time.

I would certainly shoot it stock for awhile, for kicks.  My .02

Enjoy your new pistol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like this input, thank you. I've had a few outings, putting 100-150 rounds through each time. Now that you say it though I do think I'd like to work with it stock at least a little longer. It does feel the trigger has about a mile to pull through as is though. Any kind of idea how long it could take to smooth out? I mean are we talking hundreds of rounds, thousands? 10,000s?

Offline Kleab

« Reply #19 on: June 19, 2018, 01:14:27 AM »
The 75BD was my first gun purchase as well. Unfortunately, I had to sell it to cover some hospital bills after my first son was born. It's a beautiful gun. I've still got a nice leather holster for it. If I can figure out which box I stashed it in, I would gladly send it to you. I'd rather it get used instead of just sitting and collecting dust.

Wow, that is extremely generous of you. I'd be happy to put it back to use. Are you sure you'd never get another BD though?

I would love to get another BD some day, but with two toddlers at home, it wouldn't be for a few years. I'd rather see it get some use. And sorry for the delayed response, it's been a wild few days at home. I'm pretty sure I know where the holster is. I'll see if I can dig it out tomorrow.

Offline JoshuaMorgani

« Reply #20 on: June 20, 2018, 11:51:48 PM »
The 75BD was my first gun purchase as well. Unfortunately, I had to sell it to cover some hospital bills after my first son was born. It's a beautiful gun. I've still got a nice leather holster for it. If I can figure out which box I stashed it in, I would gladly send it to you. I'd rather it get used instead of just sitting and collecting dust.

Wow, that is extremely generous of you. I'd be happy to put it back to use. Are you sure you'd never get another BD though?

I would love to get another BD some day, but with two toddlers at home, it wouldn't be for a few years. I'd rather see it get some use. And sorry for the delayed response, it's been a wild few days at home. I'm pretty sure I know where the holster is. I'll see if I can dig it out tomorrow.

Well I'm just sentimental enough that I'll definitely still have it if that day ever comes and if you can get in touch with me I'd gladly return it to it's rightful owner. If you find it and are sure you'd part ways just send me a message.

Offline Shootinisfun

« Reply #21 on: June 23, 2018, 01:50:47 PM »
Welcome from Virginia and another newbie to the CZ pistol world.  I recently purchased my first CZ pistol, the 75B.  I'm kinda "old fashioned" about my guns (I love bolt actions!).  Debated between the B and the BD, but finally decided to go with the "original," myself, but as others have said, one has to control one's self from making too many purchases (i.e. that BD keeps calling my name; must resist. . . .)

Being a newbie to this gun myself (but not guns in general, shooting since I was a little kid) I really agree with some of the other posts - I really like to get used to the basic gun itself for a while.  There are so many things to do to them (keep looking at CGW stuff myself), but it's nice, I think, to just get used to the gun as it comes from the factory.  "Get to know it" in its basic form.  Then I have a baseline to decide on pros and cons of any mods I might ultimately do.  One of the first things I think I'm going to do is change the sights to one of the Truglo tritium setups.  As my eyes are getting older, I'm a lot more sensitive to that kind of thing.

BTW, really like the grips you put on yours.  That's the other thing I'm looking at in the near term before I delve into its innards!  LOVE wood grips on a metal frame.

All the best to you!
The dictionary is the only place where you come to success before you get to work.

We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately.  B. Franklin

Offline lewmed

• 135th & 240th AHC Vietnam 1967-1968
« Reply #22 on: June 23, 2018, 02:47:23 PM »
 Dry firing will help speed up break in and smooth out your D/A .  Most CZ's will damage the firing pin and FP retaining pin if you don't place a O-Ring between the hammer and the firing pin when dry firing.  I must have dry fired my Rami BD and my 97 BD several thousand times before any live fire.  If you feel the need for a few CGW spring and small part upgrades it is money well spent but wait a few thousand rounds you may like it stock.
 Have fun be safe and shoot the snot out of your new CZ.

Offline Kleab

« Reply #23 on: October 16, 2018, 04:46:37 PM »

Well I'm just sentimental enough that I'll definitely still have it if that day ever comes and if you can get in touch with me I'd gladly return it to it's rightful owner. If you find it and are sure you'd part ways just send me a message.

I apologize it has been so long since this original offer. Life throws us curveballs sometimes and this time around, my wife and I found ourselves packing for a move. Anyway, I found that leather holster as well as a nice soft rubber Hogue grip. They're all yours if you are still interested! Sorry again for the delay in responding. Feel free to send me a message on this forum.

Offline Bacliff

« Reply #24 on: October 29, 2018, 06:53:27 PM »
Hello all,

Just wanted to share my CZ with the forum, 75BD. If anyone has specific tips/suggestions feel free to share, I've been reading  around a lot but there is tons of info to sift through.

https://i.imgur.com/rooHIVDh.jpg

That is a beautiful weapon.

Offline Zathras

« Reply #25 on: November 01, 2018, 03:24:33 PM »
Welcome, from a relatively new (to CZ) myself.  You will likely want to get more than one.

Offline Sango

« Reply #26 on: November 04, 2018, 10:28:36 AM »
Welcome from Vegas (originally from Oklahoma also) the 75 looks amazing!! Beware, CZ?s are addictive, one day, you?ll wake up and find that have you have 5 of them.  ;D
I’ve got a few CZ’s...

Offline Jiva

• I came for the pistols and stayed for the rifles
« Reply #27 on: November 04, 2018, 11:26:47 AM »
Such a classy pistol all the way around. I hope you get that leather holster for it - will compliment it nicely.

FWIW, dry firing and rounds down range have smoothed out my triggers; hope you've had time to shoot it and enjoy :D
75 P-01 Compact 99041
75 D PCR Compact
75 SP-01 Tactical 9mm
612 HD
452 2E ZKM Lux .22LR
452 2E ZKM Classic .22LR
452 2E ZKM Varmint .22LR