Author Topic: CZ 512 American and first kill  (Read 2595 times)

Offline WVSurveyor

CZ 512 American and first kill
« on: June 02, 2018, 09:10:03 PM »
Since I bought my 512 in the early spring I've been waiting to put it in action.
Mounted a Vortex 2-7 rimfire scope and sighted her in to be dead on at 100 yards.
This translates to 1.5" high at 50 yards. It shoots good tight groups.
A friend I go to church with has a farm with many groundhogs. I've been going there
the past few years to thin them out for him.
He just finished his first hay cutting in the field around his main barn. Good time to start hunting.
A couple days ago the 512 chalked up its first kill. A fairly large one that had taken up residence
under the old farm house. It was a close range shot, only 15 yards. He never knew what hit him.
I'm looking forward to many more hunts this summer with my new weapon. She is sweet.
The only thing I would change is the safety position. I shoot left handed and the button safety
rubs against my trigger finger when set on the fire position. I would have preferred to have
a safety on top of the stock that could be engaged with my left thumb. Besides that I'm very happy
to date.
Montani Semper Liberi

Offline DWARREN

• Old & Tired
Re: CZ 512 American and first kill
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2018, 10:34:55 PM »
Good deal!
What ammo did you use?
"1776" - Part II

Offline WVSurveyor

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2018, 06:40:09 AM »
The CCI Landry Signature 40 grain hollow point.
Montani Semper Liberi

Offline 10-96

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2018, 11:16:36 PM »
Congrats, that's good stuff right there.  I finally ordered a 512 in .22WMR, it ought to be in on Wednesday or Thursday.  I've been threatening to get one for quite a while now. I just couldn't stand the wait any longer.

Does anyone know why CZ doesn't feel inclined to chamber the 512 in .17HMR?
If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger hammer.

Offline Lyle Savant

« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2018, 10:33:22 PM »
Congrats, that's good stuff right there.  I finally ordered a 512 in .22WMR, it ought to be in on Wednesday or Thursday.  I've been threatening to get one for quite a while now. I just couldn't stand the wait any longer.

Does anyone know why CZ doesn't feel inclined to chamber the 512 in .17HMR?
Because 17HMR doesn?t put hogs down as good!  Lol