Author Topic: Ruger LC9s  (Read 2061 times)

Offline Swamp ash

Ruger LC9s
« on: June 05, 2018, 09:41:33 AM »
The prices can only get so low before I have to react.

I picked up an LC9s with fiber optics for $249. I bought the last one from a nearby store and it was less than anything I saw on the web.

The fit and finish are really very good; it seems solid and take down is a a cinch.

I am heading to the range in a few to try it out, but I am really impressed. 

The only downside: I think my wife wants it.

Ruger rimfire fan

Offline recoilguy

Re: Ruger LC9s
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2018, 09:50:26 AM »
Let her shoot it and if she likes it get her one.
$249 how can you not?

I hope you like it after you have been to the range.
getting a new gun is always a great day in my book.

RCG
Its easy being a communist in a free country
What's hard is to be free in a communist country

Offline puddintame

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2018, 12:29:40 PM »
I was in the same boat. my inlaws have the lc9s and love it. I saw the ec9s at my lgs for $219 and snapped it up. the sights were not the greatest, but they work just fine out to 10yds. with a couple upgrades, its now a fine cc pistol

images upload

Offline Swamp ash

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2018, 01:11:35 PM »
Well, the little LC9 is a pretty darn good shooter, too!
Flawless performance from 110 rounds, including a few +P.

It is accurate at 20-25 feet and I was in the center numerous times. The Hi Viz fiber optic sights were very easy to get on target and they really did not need adjustment.

I have no complaints.  The trigger felt great - smooth creep with a crisp, clean break. There was a tiny bit of tigger bite towards the end of the session.  I managed to smooth things in my finger by switching to the CZ75!

I am more than happy with this little pistol and the price was certainly right.

Puddintame: That Crimson Trace is a nice touch! 
Ruger rimfire fan

Offline puddintame

« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2018, 03:22:59 PM »
thanks. once my shoulder heals up ill be able to shoot it. the laser also came with the holster. got it on ebay for $130 8)

Offline RaksCity

« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2018, 05:12:56 PM »
Is your front sight pinned? Might want to check if it drifted after a trip to the range. Mine drifted at the range and I was wondering why it wasn't hitting anything near point of aim.
 Noticed it when I got home that I could easily move it by hand.
 One thing ruger has is good customer service. Sent the slide in to get it pinned and it was back to me in about a week.
 They pinned it off center though. Switched it out with some truglo tfo and everything was good again. Until I traded it for a Rami and never looked back. Easy to conceal that was what I liked about it. Sometimes I forget that it was ever even on me.

Offline copemech

« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2018, 11:49:05 PM »
I really like mine. O0

Offline Ghislaine

« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2018, 06:00:21 AM »
Read articles were published, broadcast to perfect it felt good to others as well.

Offline wagon

« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2018, 06:06:07 PM »
contemplating a LC9S for my wife,  is the slide easy to rack?  she is recoil-shy too...   how is the felt recoil ?

Thanks in advance.

Offline RaksCity

« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2018, 07:23:38 PM »
contemplating a LC9S for my wife,  is the slide easy to rack?  she is recoil-shy too...   how is the felt recoil ?

Thanks in advance.
The slide isn't too hard to rack. My wife shot it and says it's too much recoil for her. It does has a little more kick to it compared to her m&p 9c.

Offline wagon

« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2018, 08:04:39 PM »
thanks for the feedback!

Offline Swamp ash

« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2018, 11:19:50 PM »

Thanks in advance.
[/quote

Go check one out if you can.  The slide is easy enough; I did not think recoil was a problem.
Ruger rimfire fan

Offline Swamp ash

« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2018, 04:38:37 PM »
Let her shoot it and if she likes it get her one.
$249 how can you not?

There were no other LC9s Hi Vis FO models left at that store and the general prices have really shot up since last week.
But she really likes the way it fits her hands. 

So, I went ahead and ordered an EC9s (model 3286).  It is very sharp - Turquoise frame, stainless slide with black barrel, trigger and baseplate!
GoG had the winning number this time: $243.79! Crazy!

« Last Edit: June 14, 2018, 04:41:15 PM by Swamp ash »
Ruger rimfire fan

Offline Swamp ash

« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2018, 12:49:19 PM »
The EC9s I just picked up yesterday is also a great shooter, too.

The integral sights were fine and it groups well at 20 - 25 feet. On the first mag, I put 3 of 7 in a one inch center at 20 feet.
It had flawless performance for 100 rounds of fmj.

Of the two, I like the LC9s better. The slide is actually bevelled a bit more so it weighs .5 oz less than the EC9s.  I also thought the spray-on Stainless finish on the EC9s was a bit cheap-looking, and prefer the blueing on the LC9s. However, they are pretty much identical in how they shoot, even thought the LC9s has the better sights. It just doesn't matter at close range.

The downside to these smaller pistols is that they are tiring to use after 30-40 rounds.  These aren't range guns, but seem well purposed for EDC.

That said, I wish the range officer would let me fire both at the same time in each hand ;D
Ruger rimfire fan

Offline armoredman

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2018, 05:21:01 AM »
I have wanted an EC9s since I first handled one at the LGS, normal price $241. I think it would make an excellent pocket BUG...but the funds just aren't there right now.