Author Topic: Great day at the range with Robert1804  (Read 706 times)

Offline Joe L

Great day at the range with Robert1804
« on: July 28, 2018, 05:30:37 PM »
Got to meet Robert1804 at the mountain retreat shooting range today.  I got to shoot his Sig P210 and he got to shoot my CGW 97B"E" and my friend John visiting this weekend got to shoot the P-10C and my Kadet.  Robert1804 had brought out several firearms, including a 75B and a revolver.  I was pleasantly distracted while hearing Robert hit the steel repeatedly at 50 yards standing two handed with nearly every pistol he picked up, including my 97B"E".   He liked the 97B"E" and I liked the P210.  Robert shot the 97B"E" well, and I ... didn't....today only of course.  Too much safe time for the big gun over the last few weeks, I'm afraid.   

I shot my Kadet well at 25 yards, but struggled with every pistol at 50 yards.  My friend John kept putting 10 round strings in the black at 23 yards standing two handed with the Kadet.  He had a great day.

We had a fun time together.  I got to meet another CZ shooter, John got to shoot two new-to-him pistols and shot them very well, Robert got to shoot a 97B"E" and I got to shoot a pistol I had always been interested in but never had seen or shot, a Sig P210. 

So maybe tomorrow I return to serious bullseye training.  But not today.  Today was reserved for fun with friends, new and old.  Today was fun.  Pure fun, with a little needed trigger time thrown in.

Joe
CZ-75B 9mm and Kadet, 97B"E", two P-09's, P-07, P-10C, P-10F, P-10S, MTR

Offline longgonedaddy

Re: Great day at the range with Robert1804
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2018, 11:52:00 PM »
Nice!

Offline robert1804

Re: Great day at the range with Robert1804
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2018, 12:19:21 AM »
Meeting Joe L helped make this one of my most enjoyable range trips ever! We had nice weather and no crowd. Shooting his 97B "E" has convinced me to send mine to CGW for the conversion. What a pistol! Thanks for letting me shoot yours, Joe L.