Author Topic: CZ 527 223 Remington magazine spring  (Read 1525 times)

Offline david s

CZ 527 223 Remington magazine spring
« on: June 10, 2018, 07:46:46 PM »
I managed to lose one of my CZ 527 223 Remington 5 round magazine springs. During a gopher shoot in the spring one of my magazines stopped working. I replaced it with another and disassembled the stopped magazine. I laid out the magazine components along my thigh ( I was sitting on a camp stool shooting over cross sticks ). When the action picked up I went back to shooting and when another lull occurred turned my attention back to the magazine. To my dismay the magazine spring had taken off for parts unknown. No amount of looking could turn up the spring in the winter killed grass. I contacted CZ about a replacement spring but they only sell whole magazines not components. So does anyone know of a source for CZ 527 replacement magazine springs?

Offline painter

Re: CZ 527 223 Remington magazine spring
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2018, 06:55:30 AM »
I don't have a source for a replacement, but maybe you could make one from a mag spring from an AR...? It should be of similar dimensions.

https://www.brownells.com/magazines/rifle-magazines/magazine-parts/magazine-springs/ar-15-m16-20rd-magazine-spring-prod20397.aspx
I had the right to remain silent...

but not the ability.

Offline david s

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2018, 05:53:23 PM »
I like the thought but the AR15 is a double stack mag and the CZ uses a single stack set up. It is the narrow width that's a hang up. The spring its self is a bit of an odd duck. The top and bottom spring legs are about the length of the magazine follower the other three coils are about 3/4 of an inch shorter. These three coils fit between the back of the mag and the recoil shoulders that are pressed into the magazine body. I do have half a dozen other magazines for this rifle and the general suggestion is to just forget locating a new spring and buy a new mag. This goes against my grain as I consider this as a $37 dollar magazine spring. Just my way of thinking.

Offline painter

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2018, 07:19:17 PM »
Shows you what I know about AR mags. :P

Do you have any dimensions for the CZ spring?

It would seem that the intermediate coils can be longer, or shorter, as long as the coil that contacts the follower is correct.
I had the right to remain silent...

but not the ability.

anything