Author Topic: Best optic for Cz scorpion  (Read 43099 times)

Offline chris_8806

Best optic for Cz scorpion
« on: June 12, 2018, 11:58:42 AM »
Was wondering what everyone ran optic wise on their scorpion evos.

Offline krehmkej

Re: Best optic for Cz scorpion
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2018, 12:31:06 PM »
For a scope, I have found the UTG "Bug Buster" 3x9 to be perfectly good. Cheap, too. Has QD rings, too.

For a Red dot, I use an Ultradot 6 (4 dot sizes plus 2 reticles) also in QD rings.
-jwk-

Offline Bobert

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2018, 02:34:00 PM »
Eotec 552
USMC   Veteran

Offline HitFactor

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2018, 05:12:12 PM »
Trijicon ACOG 1.5X, it's like a dot sight with built in cheaters for old eyes.

https://www.trijicon.com/na_en/products/product2.php?id=ACOG&mid=1.5%20x%2016S

Unfortunately, it is the opposite of cheap.

Offline Destructo6

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2018, 05:16:32 PM »
Vortex has some good red dots for not a ton of money. I'm using the Sparc2, which can co-witness the Scorpion's irons with the low mount or sit slightly above.

I hear holosun's aren't too bad, but I have no experience with them.

Offline Arokcrwlr

« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2018, 08:37:01 PM »
I bought a Trijicon RMR dot sight from Cabelas (through Active Junky) when they had them on sale.  With the Active Junky kick back I think it came out to $275 which is a great price for an RMR.  I have a couple othe RMRs that I paid twice that for.  Anyway, the RMR is a great dot sight on the Scorpion. 

The other optics mentioned are good too - I have used a Vortex, Holosun, and Ultradot on other guns and feel they are gtg.

Offline gary.russell.96930

« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2018, 12:06:27 AM »
Went with a aim sports Micro red dot. 20mm on a riser that allows for the irons to be utilized. $75. + a riser. Its tiny and keeps a zero. I use one on a 12ga. Reliable and inexpensive.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Offline supernachos

Best optic for Cz scorpion
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2018, 02:18:10 AM »
I initially went with a Trijicon RMR but I realized when I went for a MOUT course and practiced clearing rooms, that I couldn't acquire the red dot fast enough as I shouldered the Scorpion. I purchased and replaced it a Eotech XPS2-0 and it seems faster!

Before with a Trijicon RMR

And AFTER with a Eotech XPS2-0

« Last Edit: June 13, 2018, 02:26:39 AM by supernachos »

Offline Buckshot Barry

« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2018, 02:41:36 PM »
Cheap and the best target picture I've seen for a red dot.

I placed 3rd out of 27 using this sight last weekend on pins and plates at 39 feet for our PCC only stage (and I'm slow).

https://practiscore.com/results/new/58891?q_result=1

TRU?BRITE? DUAL COLOR MULTI RETICLE

https://www.truglo.com/optics-red-dots/tru-brite-dual-color-multi-reticle-open-red-dot-sight.asp?catid=52E3D7409570433EBF69FA2CBEB51CA6

Offline Arokcrwlr

« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2018, 10:10:31 PM »
I initially went with a Trijicon RMR but I realized when I went for a MOUT course and practiced clearing rooms, that I couldn't acquire the red dot fast enough as I shouldered the Scorpion. I purchased and replaced it a Eotech XPS2-0 and it seems faster!

I don't know, but maybe if you used a low mount for your RMR it would have helped with picking up the dot.  I removed my irons and use a low mount with my RMR and the dot is right there when shouldering.  However, I understand that you may need the irons for backup during a competition or course.

Offline supernachos

« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2018, 11:11:18 PM »

I don't know, but maybe if you used a low mount for your RMR it would have helped with picking up the dot.  I removed my irons and use a low mount with my RMR and the dot is right there when shouldering.  However, I understand that you may need the irons for backup during a competition or course.

The high mount allowed me to use my iron sights if my RMR01 failed ( it was V1 which flickered if the battery contact failed). You rectify by placing a battery plate or some tape on the bottom.

In MOUT (Military Operations in Urban Terrain) training, it?s not competition and you are not standing upright most of the time. Rather you are mostly in a  low, crouched position and angle your body when peeking in room as you ?slice the pie? as required.

Each time you need to lower your weapon to not obstruct your view of the room and then quick raise your weapon to aim at the potential target quickly. That?s when I found out there are instances when  I couldn?t find the red dot fast enough to aim and the instructor said just use the silhouette of the optic as a guide!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Mr.E.G.

« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2018, 10:24:49 AM »
I recently put a Trijicon MRO on a high mount on my SBR Scorpion. It's okay. I had a Bushnell TRS25 and actually preferred it. The problem was that the Bushnell couldn't survive living in my trunk and would suffer from randomly turning itself off, not to mention its propensity to eat batteries.

Offline GearFondler

« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2018, 11:25:16 PM »
I recently put a Trijicon MRO on a high mount on my SBR Scorpion. It's okay. I had a Bushnell TRS25 and actually preferred it. The problem was that the Bushnell couldn't survive living in my trunk and would suffer from randomly turning itself off, not to mention its propensity to eat batteries.
If I may ask, what do you not like about the MRO? Is it the mount or the optic itself?
I ask because I am strongly considering an MRO myself... It seems like the most economic "Go to War Reliable" optic on the market.

Offline cjive134

« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2018, 03:06:29 PM »
A guy I work with gave me a Vortex Spitfire. Hard to argue with free, bit before getting that I was thinking of getting one of Primary Arms 1-4 power scopes for $119.99.

Offline M1A4ME

• I've shot the rest, I now own the best - CZ
« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2018, 04:20:02 PM »
I don't have a scorpion.

I have a couple AR15 pistols.  I have a DP Pro on one and one of the new Primary Arms advanced red dot sights.  I can't say for sure, haven't had it long enough, but the battery is supposed to last 50,000 hrs.  That's getting up there with the aimpoint battery life.

I believe I've got three of the PA advanced red dots now.  All on AR15's.  Two on pistols, about to put one on my wife's AR15 carbine (getting tired of pulling it out of the case and finding the Ludid has killed another battery without even being used (my wife shoots her CZ75 Compact but hardly ever shoots her AR15.)

This one.  Check out the pics.  They show it mounted on a scorpion.  They most of known you'd be looking.

http://www.primaryarms.com/primary-arms-advanced-micro-dot-with-push-buttons-and-up-to-50k-hour-battery-life-md-ads
I just keep wasting time and money on other brands trying to find/make one shoot like my P07 and P09.  What is wrong with me?

anything