Author Topic: Shooting P365 vs M&P Shield  (Read 2194 times)

Offline inletman

Shooting P365 vs M&P Shield
« on: June 12, 2018, 08:15:52 PM »
I can shoot my shield2.0 pretty well, but since I got the P365, I am anything but accurate with it. Thought accuracy was supposed to be a big plus with the Sig.There is not that much difference in the size of the two guns....Today, a range master (not the very best shot but pretty good) shot 3 rounds with my Sig, and he was off.
Left P365 with gun smith....he called, and said he shot it right on, but would bench rest it.

Anyone have thoughts about my shooting shield well and not so with Sig?

Offline ZanderMan

Re: Shooting P365 vs M&P Shield
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2018, 08:48:04 PM »
Trigger? Grip?

I shoot my Shield better than my P226.

Go figure.
Used to own a CZ Jawa...

Offline Earl Keese

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2018, 09:06:11 PM »
It's technique. Pocket 9's are harder to shoot. I bet you're trying too hard, my wife had a similar problem with her G43. Just to try something different, I had her start from low ready at 3 to 7yds, raise the gun and as soon as she saw front sight over the target- fire. Low ready - front sight - center mass - fire, repeat. Her accuracy improved tremendously.
 If you're shooting that little gun at more than 7 yards and missing, get closer until you master it. Remember the intended purpose of pocket guns. The Shield is in a different class and handles like the bigger gun that it is.

Offline inletman

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2018, 09:28:42 PM »
It's technique. Pocket 9's are harder to shoot. I bet you're trying too hard, my wife had a similar problem with her G43. Just to try something different, I had her start from low ready at 3 to 7yds, raise the gun and as soon as she saw front sight over the target- fire. Low ready - front sight - center mass - fire, repeat. Her accuracy improved tremendously.
 If you're shooting that little gun at more than 7 yards and missing, get closer until you master it. Remember the intended purpose of pocket guns. The Shield is in a different class and handles like the bigger gun that it is.

Thanks a lot....but the M&P shield2.0 is also a small gun...not that much bigger is seems to me. I had the specs for both guns, but anyway, the shield fits same holster as P365. Maybe I am wrong as you are much more experienced than I...but at this point, I can conceal the shield easily and shoot it better

But I will take your advice on the Sig, and see if I can't get better. :-\

Offline Earl Keese

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2018, 09:37:42 PM »

Thanks a lot....but the M&P shield2.0 is also a small gun...not that much bigger is seems to me. I had the specs for both guns, but anyway, the shield fits same holster as P365. Maybe I am wrong as you are much more experienced than I...but at this point, I can conceal the shield easily and shoot it better

But I will take your advice on the Sig, and see if I can't get better. :-\
I hope it works out for you. With practice I'm sure you'll master the 365. That said, the Shield may be a better fit for your hand. If you can dress for it, I choose the bigger gun.
  My brother is struggling a bit with his 365 as well. For several years he's been chasing the perfect pocket gun, only to keep returning to his favored P320 even though it's harder to conceal.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Offline SI VIS PACEM PARRABELLUM

« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2018, 05:26:01 AM »
Time and practice are where it's at. I spent a whole lot of time with my snub nose revolvers but it pays off in the end. Now if a small/pocket gun is needed the J frames get the call.
The best thing to do I think when working with a small gun is to have dedicated practice sessions with that gun till you get better with it.

Offline Arndog123

« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2018, 07:11:40 AM »
With any new pistol I dry fire with snap caps while aiming at a target prior to actually shooting the gun.  My P365's trigger out of the box was pretty good but the grip was a little thin so I added a Hogue Handall Jr slip on grip and it made it perfect.  Dry firing and the great trigger along with the Hogue grip just makes shooting my P365 so easy.   

Offline inletman

« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2018, 09:07:30 PM »
thanks, Arndog 123 -when you dryfire with snap caps, how do you do it....asked this elsewhere, but did not get answer. Do you put one snap cap in mag, rack slide to chamber - then after each dry fire shot, pull back on the slide slightly?
Also, think I'll try your grip idea

Offline Arndog123

« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2018, 10:49:52 PM »
Yes, that's exactly what I do when dry firing my striker fired guns. 

Offline inletman

« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2018, 12:18:33 AM »
With any new pistol I dry fire with snap caps while aiming at a target prior to actually shooting the gun.  My P365's trigger out of the box was pretty good but the grip was a little thin so I added a Hogue Handall Jr slip on grip and it made it perfect.  Dry firing and the great trigger along with the Hogue grip just makes shooting my P365 so easy.

which Hogue Handall jr grip, please...went on Amazon, and found a lot, but none saying for P365...does it have a model number ?

Offline Arndog123

« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2018, 06:48:21 AM »
This is the one I have,
https://www.amazon.com/Hogue-Rubber-Handall-Small-Sleeve/dp/B000H6GZI8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1528973201&sr=8-1&keywords=handall+jr&dpID=41WdzwMHQnL&preST=_SY300_QL70_&dpSrc=srch

I actually had them on my Shield's until Hogue came out with one's specifically made for the M&P's.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2018, 11:04:32 AM by Arndog123 »

Offline inletman

« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2018, 09:20:19 PM »
This is the one I have,
https://www.amazon.com/Hogue-Rubber-Handall-Small-Sleeve/dp/B000H6GZI8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1528973201&sr=8-1&keywords=handall+jr&dpID=41WdzwMHQnL&preST=_SY300_QL70_&dpSrc=srch

I actually had them on my Shield's until Hogue came out with one's specifically made for the M&P's.

thanks....just ordered one with the Amazon prime one click....looking forward to shooting 365 with grip on it.

Offline TheFlood

« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2018, 06:01:10 PM »
If you have large hands the longer grip would be needed.  How far where you shooting and with that ammo?

anything