Author Topic: Xtreme Bullets/Freedom Munitions file for chapter 11  (Read 3945 times)

Moken

Xtreme Bullets/Freedom Munitions file for chapter 11
« on: June 13, 2018, 10:40:16 AM »
Just read they have filed for chapter 11. I've been running their pills for years. Great product and great service. Lots of competition in that field however. Hope they can make it back.

Offline viking499

Re: Xtreme Bullets/Freedom Munitions file for chapter 11
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2018, 10:51:22 AM »
I got their email last night telling the they filed.  But said it would be business as usual for now.

Offline dave19113

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2018, 11:04:14 AM »
Is that why they stopped taking brass trade in and have most of their re-manufactured out of stock?

I liked their buy back program combined with fair prices.

Offline Underwhere

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2018, 06:50:47 AM »
They made stepped brass cases which led to a lot of kabooms for people.

I've never had good experiences with them and always toss out any headstamps that show their brand of brass.

Offline newageroman

• Press or cry like the rest...
    • The Brass Bucket - Brass Trading Website
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2018, 09:39:03 AM »
ahhh, I didn't know about their stepped cases, they should have known better. I heard their ammo was all over the place in terms of velocity (even the stuff they sold at competitions didn't make chrono). I listened to a recent podcast that had the opinion/possibility of them keeping the plated bullets business up and running, and dropping the completed ammo part. Still hesitant to order from them considering the state. I used them most recently for 110gn M1 Carbine bullets and it took a couple weeks and a phone call to get the order processed/shipped. Anybody know any decent replacements for those carbine bullets (wouldn't be opposed to a FMJ) let me know please.
Ricky Ace Range Review: https://rumble.com/c/c-1388111
75B-BullShadow SAO (Limited Optics)
SP-01-SAO-comped (OpenMajor)
97E SAO, 97B, SAR copies
..others..

Offline Kenneth

« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2018, 10:07:00 AM »
This has to be some company failure at the higher lever. They weren?t managing something right.

Freedom is too large to go under unless something was way off with the money. They have too much support in the shooting community.

Yes their brass sucks for Reloading but most people nowadays just buy their stuff loaded.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline painter

« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2018, 10:27:32 AM »
ahhh, I didn't know about their stepped cases, they should have known better. I heard their ammo was all over the place in terms of velocity (even the stuff they sold at competitions didn't make chrono). I listened to a recent podcast that had the opinion/possibility of them keeping the plated bullets business up and running, and dropping the completed ammo part. Still hesitant to order from them considering the state. I used them most recently for 110gn M1 Carbine bullets and it took a couple weeks and a phone call to get the order processed/shipped. Anybody know any decent replacements for those carbine bullets (wouldn't be opposed to a FMJ) let me know please.
I bought Berry's, on the recommendation of Reloader Fred. He  loads more volume, and different calibers, than anyone I can think of. If they work for him, I'm sure they'll suit me.

http://www.czfirearms.us/index.php?topic=95811.msg741383#msg741383
I had the right to remain silent...

but not the ability.

Offline IDescribe

« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2018, 06:41:22 AM »
I used them most recently for 110gn M1 Carbine bullets and it took a couple weeks and a phone call to get the order processed/shipped. Anybody know any decent replacements for those carbine bullets (wouldn't be opposed to a FMJ) let me know please.

I don't load 30 Carbine.  If I were going to, and I planned on shooting a lot of it, the cost difference of plated vs FMJ would cause me to at least consider plated -- 7-8 cents per bullet for Berry's vs 18-20 cents per bullet for Hornady, Sierra, or Speer is significant if you're shooting a lot.  If I were shooting just occasionally, I'd probably just go with the jacketed.

Powder Valley has Hornady, Speer, and Berry's.  Midway has Hornady, Sierra, and Berry's.

Offline Wobbly

• Administrator
  • Loves the smell of VihtaVuori in the morning !
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2018, 07:26:14 AM »
Rocky Mountain Reloading has M1 Carbine 110gr FMJ on sale for $90/1K !!

https://www.rmrbullets.com/products/494887762911232-30-carbine-110-gr-full-metal-jacket-round-nose-2

Time for a life-time buy !!

;)
« Last Edit: June 30, 2018, 07:54:45 AM by Wobbly »
In God we trust; On 'Starting Load' we rely.

Offline IDescribe

« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2018, 07:37:09 AM »

https://www.rmrbullets.com/products/494887762911232-30-carbine-110-gr-full-metal-jacket-round-nose-2

Awesome.  That would be an automatic purchase for me if I were looking to buy 30 Carbine.   ;D
« Last Edit: July 01, 2018, 12:02:20 AM by IDescribe »

Offline painter

« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2018, 10:28:50 PM »

Awesome.  That would be an automatic purchase for me if I were looking to by 30 Carbine.   ;D
In...and I didn't need any.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2018, 04:44:44 PM by painter »
I had the right to remain silent...

but not the ability.

Offline Sidecar2

« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2018, 11:52:39 PM »
Interesting. Freedom Munitions is a regular sponsor/supplier for Sootch00 on YouTube. 

I've picked up Xtreme brass at the range.

Are you saying I should not reload Xtreme-headstamped brass for some reason?
If we open a quarrel between past and present, we shall find that we have lost the future. -- Winston Churchill

Offline Wobbly

• Administrator
  • Loves the smell of VihtaVuori in the morning !
« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2018, 07:13:32 AM »

I think he's saying you should look inside your Xtreme brass before reloading it.
In God we trust; On 'Starting Load' we rely.

Offline larry8061

« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2018, 06:40:57 PM »
Thanks for this note!  This makes a lot of sense..........I had used a LOT of their ammo and when I went to place another order the on line portion didn't work.......

Anyone looking for a replacement you might want to look at: Fenix Ammo in Novi Michigan.  Pricing is close, quality is higher and neat for me was 147 9mm match ammo (heavy bullet less powder) for less muzzle flip.

Larry

Offline Underwhere

« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2018, 07:37:55 PM »
Interesting. Freedom Munitions is a regular sponsor/supplier for Sootch00 on YouTube. 

I've picked up Xtreme brass at the range.

Yeah, freedom has supplies several youtubers with bullets.  MAC is another, but I don't care who they give their stuff away too.

Doesn't make them better bullets because they give their bullets to some internet celebrity.

A lot of car makers give cars to Hollywood movie studios either but that doesn't make them better cars.
I've actually asked a few of the YouTube people who promote Freedom Munitions publicly on their social media handles. They seem to answer questions by other people but they have never responded to me. (and I wasn't being rude)

Definitely be aware of who promotes what products. Like already mentioned, it didn't make the product any better.

anything