Author Topic: Where to Find Police Surplus 75B's  (Read 1842 times)

Offline dave19113

Where to Find Police Surplus 75B's
« on: June 16, 2018, 04:29:40 PM »
Ive been reading about these surplus 75b's coming up from time to time at fair prices. I especially like the Israeli Police models.

Now for the big question; where to find ones?

Is there a call list to get put on or is it just keep an eye on the Aims Surplus and such?

Also, Im looking for a post B so I can run the same mags as my SP01 Tactical

Thanks in advance.

Offline texengland

Re: Where to Find Police Surplus 75B's
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2018, 06:11:54 PM »
CDI sales on gun broker had a lot but not sure how they are since the fire.

Sent from my HTC Desire 626s using Tapatalk

Offline M1A4ME

• I've shot the rest, I now own the best - CZ
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2018, 07:55:04 PM »
Sort of like the new ones.  They come into the country in batches.  You'll see a flurry of them for sale for a couple of weeks (or much less) and then not see them for sale again in great numbers for two or three months, or more.

J&G Sales, Aim Surplus, Bud's Gunshop, etc., etc.  Do a search for them on line and you may find one (J&G sales has imported/surplus two tone Compacts for sale right now.)
I just keep wasting time and money on other brands trying to find/make one shoot like my P07 and P09.  What is wrong with me?

Offline dave19113

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2018, 08:14:37 AM »
Sort of like the new ones.  They come into the country in batches.  You'll see a flurry of them for sale for a couple of weeks (or much less) and then not see them for sale again in great numbers for two or three months, or more.

J&G Sales, Aim Surplus, Bud's Gunshop, etc., etc.  Do a search for them on line and you may find one (J&G sales has imported/surplus two tone Compacts for sale right now.)

Much thanks for the info. Ill keep an eye out on those sites. Maybe I will get lucky when a batch comes in.

Offline Trotline

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2018, 07:11:31 PM »
Not standard 75B's but https://www.themosincrate.com/shop-1 has a couple of 75D compacts left from the current batch. As usual, they probably won't last long.

Offline zmr

« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2018, 07:22:35 PM »
unfortunately cdisales burned down and the guy that owned died a while ago and his kids aren't interesting in rebuilding. it really is a shame, I got my cz-83 from them and should have gotten one of their hi-powers.

Offline texengland

« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2018, 07:32:08 PM »
unfortunately cdisales burned down and the guy that owned died a while ago and his kids aren't interesting in rebuilding. it really is a shame, I got my cz-83 from them and should have gotten one of their hi-powers.
Do you know what happened to their inventory if anything was left?

Offline dave19113

« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2018, 08:22:11 PM »
Not standard 75B's but https://www.themosincrate.com/shop-1 has a couple of 75D compacts left from the current batch. As usual, they probably won't last long.

That will take the sp01 mags also, in addition to its standard magazine?

Offline eastman

« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2018, 11:06:47 PM »

The steel frame compact D models will use the 14-round compact magazines as a flush-fit. Any of the regular full sized CZ 75 magazines (or even longer) will fit but will extend beyond the bottom of the grip.
I don't look like my avatar!

Offline M1A4ME

« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2018, 05:04:17 AM »
This is a P01 Omega Urban Gray.  They came from the factory with 16 round magazines and base plate/cover that make the magazine appear to be a flush fit to the bottom of the frame.  You can buy the complete magazines, or the 16 round (for the full size CZ pistols) and the base plates separately.  Really not much reason to do that because the prices is about the same.  Set up in this way the magazines will no longer work in a full size CZ pistol, but the make the use of 16 round magazines in the Compacts look better.

Base by itself with some info (this guy sells magazines for a good price and there's a lot of info about which magazines fit which pistols.)

http://gregcotellc.com/cart/cz-factory-mecgar-actmag-c-173/cz-40p-cz-p06-or-cz-sp01-magazine-base-0430177001-p-1419.html

Magazine with the base already installed.

http://gregcotellc.com/cart/cz-factory-mecgar-actmag-c-173/mecgar-cz-75-compact-9mm-16-rd-extended-mgcz7516b0430177001-p-1639.html
I just keep wasting time and money on other brands trying to find/make one shoot like my P07 and P09.  What is wrong with me?

Offline dave19113

« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2018, 05:44:23 AM »

The steel frame compact D models will use the 14-round compact magazines as a flush-fit. Any of the regular full sized CZ 75 magazines (or even longer) will fit but will extend beyond the bottom of the grip.

Ok, I dont mind it sticking out of bottom, I just like to avoid having to buy a whole separate set of magazines if I can avoid it.

I dont mind buying a few of the standard 14 round mags but I like to have magazine interchangeability among my handguns when possible.

Offline M1A4ME

« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2018, 06:47:30 AM »
Just my opinion/experience:
1. the 14 round magazines are easier to conceal
   1. some have a metal base (can scratch things if/when you bump into them when not concealed carrying)
   2. come have a soft rubber base (won't scratch things if/when you bump into them when not concealed carrying)
2. my back up magazines I carry are either 18 or 19 round as they won't be used till the shorter/lower capacity magazine is empty
3. the 16 round magazines are a compromise, a little longer, used when I carry around my property (I get the darn pistol pretty dirty/wet sometimes and the base contacting the frame helps keep some of the crud off the magazine/out of the magazine well - should have seen the Compact yesterday after doing some weed/grass triming along the fence line and then pressure washing the rugs off the dog house porch to get the mud out of them, I looked like I'd been doing an obstacle course of some kind, or other.)

Offline Earl Keese

« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2018, 07:40:25 AM »
Do you know what happened to their inventory if anything was left?

I read that it was a total loss.

anything